Wong Kai-Wai

Any other directors with similar vibes?

Attached: wp7990467.jpg (1600x900, 60.89K)

Fuck I messed up his name.
* Wong Kar-Wai

Fruit Chan's "Handover Trilogy" especially Made in Hong Kong which has a recent 4k restoration. The Longest Summer is my favorite but still just DVD quality is available.

Attached: 1639175263927.jpg (1200x795, 235.76K)

Thanks and no worries about the DVD quality. Sometimes the shitty quality can be nostalgic in its own way

Godard.

Krzysztof Kieślowski touches upon similar themes as Wong Kar Wai and also often resorts to bold, ' grounded' visuals.

kim ki duk is like an evil wong kar-wai. Watch Seom, it's kino of the hightest order

Attached: 6dcd1452ccc097ebe4da0543b15d3830.jpg (870x486, 82.87K)

Early Godard like Breathless, Pierrot le Fou
The first 3 Leos Carax films
Three Times, Goodbye South, Goodbye and Millennium Mambo by Hou Hsiao Hsien
Tsai Ming Liangs films, go chronologically
Ash Is Purest White and The World by Jia Zhangke
Some Antonioni films like La Notte

Full disclosure, I dont like him that much and I think he is extremely overpraised.

You cant smoke on a motorcycle. What kind of car driving incel thought this was a good idea to shoot

Fuck, I didn't know he was dead

An actual good recommendation in Any Forums?

Woah

I can't say enough about this rec. It's as close as you'll get to WKW with a more coherent plot.

do actual japanese people exist? i thought they were just moeblob idolshits

Only when blended with Taiwanese

in the realm of the senses and piano teacher kind of have similar vibes and they're both pure kino

Attached: 3fA9GCobtNQwoLcBIV6QUQbKZxEx3c_large.jpg (1288x1600, 328.16K)

R*ddit: the director

>Sometimes the shitty quality can be nostalgic in its own way

Attached: redditsoy1.png (427x400, 12.25K)

Kino as fuck

If you refuse to watch something just because some other website likes it, that's just sad. I just watch things because I like it

>Any other directors with similar vibes?
Tarantino stole a LOT from him as far as I can tell. But they were both doing similar things at similar times so it's possible that they just riffed off of each other

Guys, remind me please the name of the movie where goons play an improvised football in some office lobby while waiting.

Based

This is the definitive answer, OP, ignore all others

Going to watch this today. I love Wong Kar-Wai´s movies. The visuals of Fallen Angels blew me away when i saw it the first time. Does anybody have some recommendations for movies like The Chaser?

Wtf?! I love reddit now.

based taste