/trek/

I'm here for my physical? Edition.
Previous:

Attached: smileyface.jpg (540x405, 36.99K)

Attached: Porthos%2C_2152.jpg (722x552, 37.03K)

Making early threads?

Attached: Tuvok Snitch Bitch.png (550x550, 38.85K)

/trek/ threads generally get made at 290.

see

Yes..why shouldn't I drink it.

Attached: 151628-tv-news-trekkies-rejoice-star-trek-voyager-is-being-unofficially-remastered-in-4k-image1-8sirpowr7d.jpg (946x630, 37.76K)

Star Trek: The Next Generation is full of hard-hitting episodes that explore ethical and moral dilemmas, but sometimes the series’ most powerful moments are explored in understated scenes, such as in the season three episode, "The Offspring."

This episode might be most remembered for its exploration of Data’s rights as a parent, what it means to raise a child, and the incredible emotional impact of the episode, especially the heart-breaking ending. However, an often overlooked aspect of “The Offspring” is how Lal is given the right to choose their gender. It’s a small part of a memorable and moving episode that has a tremendous impact in its subtlety and nuance. Those few scenes have stuck with me, and have played a part in my gender identity journey.

Lal is not gendered from the beginning of their existence but instead is granted the right to choose. From initially wishing to resemble Troi, it’s explained to Lal that they need to carve out their own unique identity, including their appearance. In these few scenes, Lal is given space to explore how they wish to identify. What felt remarkable to me was how simple the entire process is portrayed. Data and Troi discuss Lal’s gender identity as if it were just another aspect of growing up and figuring out who you are. Lal decides she wishes to identify as a human female, and from then on, her decision is respected.

This one got made at 277.

2/2
As a young person growing up in the late '90s and early '00s, I never felt at ease. Being labeled as a girl came with a set of guidelines — a rulebook you could say — for how I should behave, what I should wear, the language I used, and what I should and shouldn’t show an interest in. It was jarring and uncomfortable to be constantly criticized by adults in my life for what was natural to me. When I conformed to their gender ideals, I was miserable. When I stood my ground, we clashed and I felt isolated and alone. Watching a rerun of “The Offspring” as a young teenager was a revelation. Those few scenes where Lal was given the space to choose how they identified had a massive impact on me. That one word hit home: choice.

In the episode, the process is matter-of-fact. Lal whittles down the choices to a handful before making their final decision. It’s approached as the norm and how everyone would and should react to their child exploring their gender identity. That’s what I love about Star Trek. There’s no great fanfare; this is just how it is. Everyone is accepted for who they are and how they feel inside and want to present themselves to others. There is no pressure to conform or look or act in a certain way. Every individual has the freedom to explore who they are and how they identify. No agenda; just love, tolerance, and acceptance. What a powerful message to send out to the world.

Holy fuck filtered.

i feel like the doctor got shat on a lot later on

You don't have the stomach for it.

The feces were smeared in his face but he came out on top.

This thought came to me as I was 3D printing my third Star Trek ship model. I just get a compulsion to have a model of the ships from Trek that I don’t have with any of the other franchises I’m a fan of.

Like I love the Millennium Falcon, but I have no desire to have a model of it, meanwhile, in the past few days I’ve printed the Enterprise A, the Discoprise, and I’m in the process of printing the Enterprise E.

What are your guys’ thoughts. What sets a Star Trek ship apart from, say for instance, a Venator, or The Pegasus? Of course you may also disagree, in which case, please tell me your thoughts and feelings.

You got made by me fucking your mum.

steady on

ay ;)

tfw postin hapi neex =^_^=

Attached: neex.jpg (960x500, 74.12K)

He looks surprised.

Lots of VOYposting lately. Not that I'm complaining, I'm just happy people are finally seeing the light.

Attached: 1653974828238.gif (244x160, 1.12M)

/trek/ has always been VOY-adjectent.

VOY is slowly being recognized as watchable.

inb4bannedagain

Attached: hapi.gif (288x216, 2.71M)

Attached: 1653408794535.png (900x900, 27.45K)

suder? is that you?