Lost Film thread

What is your personal "Holy Grail" of lost movies?

Attached: file.png (550x788, 807.04K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MztTCT2PLC0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

jodo dune
yes i know it would have been a shitty garbage fire

im so fucking happy that never got past the planning stage. Who honestly needs to see Holy Mountain in Space?

Literally everyone who ever read The Incal

Reddit

Attached: 1647520201851.gif (783x428, 704.69K)

>im so fucking happy that never got past the planning stage
Wanted to rape Dune. Got his peruvian bussy raped instead. Pottery.

Attached: alejandro-jodorowsky-crop.jpg (800x825, 51.69K)

Even so, the art direction would have been cool going by the concept art.

Attached: file.png (2400x1350, 3M)

Attached: file.png (252x526, 155.78K)

None of this would've been in the movie. Just people shitting on the ground and wallowing in shit for 12 hours.

this user gets it.

How is this lost? Surely it wasn't destroyed.

Traci Lord's filmography

I'm disappointed nobody mentioned the cut content from Event Horizon

The ending song of that lost (aka Araki got full autist and made the film get shut down forever because he didn't like how it looked) jojo film was kino
>youtube.com/watch?v=MztTCT2PLC0

Also, the 8 hours version of GREED

It’s crazy to me that a movie from only 15 years ago that got a theatrical release is somehow “lost.” Like how bad could you even fuck up a stupid Phantom Blood adaptation to the point where you have to wipe out all trace of it like it’s the evil film from Cigarette Burns? There’s not even any accounts of how supposedly bad it was, in English anyway.

Christ it’s painful looking at these designs again after Hackeneuve’s Apple Store blanderisation of the material.

I recently finished Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency, this show is pretty fun.
Why exactly is this adaptation lost? Also are the other older OVA’s worth watching?

Attached: ADEE30BE-F554-4E11-9B3A-DD28C0F695CB.jpg (680x538, 77.22K)

The older OVAs aren’t as direct in translating the manga but they are infinitely better-made than the Studio David series. Katsuhiro Otomo was involved for some of the episodes.

They made a JoJo movie of Phantom Blood in the late 00s but it was poorly received and apparently Araki himself didn't like it, so after it's theatrical run it was never released for home video. Therefore it's 'lost.'

Not only that but the Kakyoin vs Dio episode was directed by Satoshi Kon no less.
My favorite OVA episode was still Darby gambling episode tho. the 00s OVAs doing the first part of the Egypt arc were meh.

The original uncut version of Fire Walk With Me. The fan edit does a good job with implementing the missing pieces but I want David lynch himself to re edit the film to its original glory

This but also with Blue Velvet, I met the editor of that film the other month and he said the original cut was like 3 1/2 hours long (and Wild At Heart was 4 hours).

>muh lost media
Zoomers should hang.

>zoomers want to discover and preserve lost boomer artifacts
>this triggers the boomer somehow

The OVAs are less direct adaptations of Part 3 but they are worth watching just for the creative differences alone. The DP adaptations translate the manga panel for panel. The OVAs adapt the spirit of the manga and take creative liberties here and there.