Visuals>Sound>Acting>Star/Actor>Script/Story>Character>Timing

Visuals>Sound>Acting>Star/Actor>Script/Story>Character>Timing

This is how you make a great movie. Prove me wrong!

Protip:

Attached: You can't.jpg (932x520, 101.03K)

Without a script there are no visuals / sound / acting, you know that right?

Story and characters are most important

I hate plotfags so fucking much

You can have a 10/10 movie with no plot or characters. You can't have a movie at all without visuals and editing.

im trans btw dont know if that matters

>You can have a 10/10 movie with no plot or characters. You can't have a movie at all without visuals and editing.
Visuals require, at the bare minimum, telling the camera guy what to shoot - which means a script (however bare bones) is necessary.

there are entire genres of experimental films made exclusively from re-purposed footage, which means you don't even need a camera guy

So you're saying the future of film is to stop filming altogether?

There's avant-garde and then there's retarded

Not that guy, but can you post an example?

>So you're saying the future of film is to stop filming altogether?
How do you even get that from what I said? I just said they exist

look up collage films
hell, even some documentaries made exclusively with archived/found footage would fit the description

You said you don't need a camera guy to make great movies since scripts are irrelevant anyway.

I said it's possible to make good movies without those things
I didn't at any point say every movie should be found footage

t. doesn't understand the gestalt

Timing/editing is actually the most important element

Any movie that isn't found footage requires a camera guy to film something, which first requires some kind of script to tell him what to film. Therefore a script is more important by virtue of precedence

If a script isn't essential to making a movie then it can't be considered the most important part of filmmaking
And who says cameramen need a script? What if I just walk outside my house and film whatever I see and edit that into a movie? Didn't need a script for that.

>If a script isn't essential to making a movie then it can't be considered the most important part of filmmaking
By that same logic if a cameraman isn't essential to making a movie then visuals can't be considered the most important part of film making.

Are you being dense on purpose?

If you think you can make a masterpiece without any idea of what your filming / what archived footage to splice together (which also requires a script by the way) you're out of your mind. That's not even just dense, that's insane.

Masterpiece is entirely subjective
I'm stretching things to their absolute extremes, but you kinda need to do that if you're talking about a definition

If you're trying to define film as 'something with a cameraman' then you're just objectively wrong.

Even movies that are spliced together with pre-existing footage require a cameraman, because that footage it draws from did (and was also born from scripts)

If you want to boil it down, all you need is a camera to film a movie. A script isn’t necessary since it could all be improvised.

>because that footage it draws from did
Why does that matter? The person making the movie doesn't need to have filmed it themselves
>(and was also born from scripts)
You don't think anyone has spontaneously filmed anything without pre-planning it before? 99.9% of all footage humans have ever recorded with cameras has been unscripted