/film/

Thread for the discussion of classic films and arthouse cinema.

Piero Scaruffi Edition

>/film/ literature
mega.nz/folder/OVIDlQTJ#7L4e8TGqNnbJEFqQzaf8lw
>/film/ charts
mega.nz/folder/DtpiBSjT#PFN4YVpwqQRDL7r2_ZKXUw
>/film/ directors directory
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qgdYsMPAaFWrAa_7EHLpXqpOHLaDLmytM9wJ5nhGtqs/edit?usp=sharing
>but user, how do I make webms with MPV?
github.com/ekisu/mpv-webm

Previous:

Attached: scorrrofy dumont.png (610x475, 88.51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

scaruffi.com/cinema/actors.html
scaruffi.com/cinema/best22.html
scaruffi.com/vol1/beatles2.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

where to get a good BD torrent of distant voices still lives?

Only saw Twentynine Palms from him, and that was like a decade ago. Where should I begin again with him? And why is it that Reygadas seems to be such a fan of his work? I'm guessing thy're friends?

Usenet, but you are not going to go for it, are you?

cinemaz

I don't think they know each other personally.
Reygadas likes him because both like shocking stuff and like to go full on anti viewer uncompromising.
Dumont can easily be watched chronologically, he is very uneven stylistically but all of his changes of direction rely heavily on the previous stuff he did. Like his comedies make more sense in the context of his previous work. And France is a self reflection on the entire career somewhat.

eh maybe when im feeling motivated to do so
thanks

Why does Piero "Why can't I impregnate a 12 year old?" Scaruffi have such basic bitch taste in film and literature? His music taste is contrarian as fuck but his film taste is laughable

scaruffi.com/cinema/actors.html
triggered me into oblivion the first time i saw it... imagine putting clint eastwood #39 in an all-time list that includes actresses... here's his list for best 2022 films
scaruffi.com/cinema/best22.html

Attached: his_arch_nemesis.jpg (700x525, 65.85K)

his taste in film is Welles good, Tarr good, Lynch good everything else is 7/10 and lower

because hes a music guy duh, if someone is mainly into literature and has expansive and unique taste in literature than its likely they will have basic taste in other mediums , it just happens

>DeNiro #4
b-b-BASED!

His music taste is truly awful

it's perfectly fine, not even that contrarian unless you're a giant normalfag from 2007
Christgau is where true contrarian shit eating comes into play

In case you didn't know he doesn't actually watch all the films or reads all the books on his lists. He has a crew that watches most of the films for him and gives him a rating.

At least for his music ratings he has actually listened to most of it himself

>t. Used to help him out with the film part of his website a few years back.

Scaruffi is retarded. Can't take anyone, who posts him seriously.
Why would they be friends?
>very uneven stylistically
Not really.

Scaruffi is just a meme really. I think he's funny.
Dumont is a case of someone who can change direction drastically while reatain at the same time most of his stylistic quirks.

>Marilyn Monroe in the list
lol he used her as a comparison when thrashing The Beatles.
"Marilyn Monroe is the most famous actress ever and a icon of her times. That doesn't make her a good actress."
scaruffi.com/vol1/beatles2.html
translated from italian

>He has a crew that watches most of the films for him and gives him a rating.
You can't prove this.

>Why would they be friends?
Why wouldn't they?

Attached: imagen.aspx.jpg (600x427, 33.74K)

His direction remains almost the same throughout his career. Even in his dramatic works he gets retarded performances that could be considered comical. His shots are more or less the same. Sometimes he adds some shit like the car scene in France but the film as a whole is still the same flat direction as usual.
I haven't seen a picture of them together nor did I see them mention each other that much in any friendly context.

I for one enjoy Dumont's Joan of Arc schoolplays