In the future we're going to be able to recreate you digitally so you can live forever

>in the future we're going to be able to recreate you digitally so you can live forever
>but that's just a copy of you. you're still going to be dead. how far away are we from actual immortality?
>we're going to be able to create a digital copy of all your neurons
Is Michio Kaku fucking retarded? He was literally incapable of understanding the difference between being alive and having a digital copy of yourself be alive.

Attached: ab6765630000ba8a95165498876454800d1505fd.jpg (640x640, 90.69K)

But what about my consciousness would that be the one I have now or a digital recreation

I never understand why people can’t make this distinction. It seems to be believed in fiction and digital immortality that simply making a clone will cause you to be in that body. I don’t know why

What is the difference between you and something that has the exact some consciousness as you?

Maybe he was just trying to say something cool for people and didn't want to treat it seriously?

>consciousness

One's dead and the other is a living clone

Okay but if you had a tiny clone of Hitler would you torture it?

dude what if I created 1000 copies of myself and had them duke it out in thunderdome until only the most powerful me remained

they are two separate entities

I don't listen to rogankinos when he has asians on. They're too retarded.

No I'd be questioning if I was on salvia

that just begs the question if a person's consciousness can be replicated, and if that consciousness would still be yours and yours alone. I think that point it wouldn't be your exact one since it would already be experiencing something different than you, thus making it an entirely separate consciousness. Could be talking out of my ass though since I'm half drunk

kaku is based, if. i can be digitally recreated and expereince my own heroes journey in an anime eque world of 2d waifus and the power of friendship then ill reach out to my senpain and ultimayley tell him im still not good enough

Goddammit Chris do you even know what a clone is

THIS PIECE OF GODDAMN SHIT PROMISED ME REAL LIFE LIGHTSABERS WHERE THE FUCK ARE THEY

quantifying consciousness means the ability to transfer it

Rogan just keeps saying "but what if..." no matter what the other person says. It's tiresome.

people are dying all over from "sudden adult death syndrome" and science (supposedly) can't even pinpoint the actual cause of death
what makes you think these incompetent retards can map out and transfer something as complex as consciousness?
they don't even understand it and think it is simply electronic signals in the brain

science will never be able to quantify consciousness

that's a pretty dumb claim to make, what would cause someone to believe such a thing?

you're not as complex as you think you are

oh wow he looks old as FUCK now haha

because after centuries of figuring out how the brain generates consciousness through patterns of information, scientists still have no fucking clue what the origin point of consciousness is

What if we are a digital copy of our former selves right now, but our codes prevent us from knowing this fact

Attached: 78736BF5-3863-4F85-95E8-DA1CC5C2473C.jpg (1092x1037, 118.71K)

My worst fear is that when we die we're reborn as someone else in a new life. I just want some peace.

God(the source) is behind too many proxies, literallt unhackable, they'll never find it.

it is quite literally impossible to unlock the secrets of consciousness by searching for it physically.
as long as scientists are trapped by a materialistic doctrine, they'll never progress in this field

considering for 90% of that time we were just cutting brains apart, no shit?

also did you know that severing the corpus callosum results in two distinct consciousnesses in one skull?

>Is Michio Kaku fucking retarded?
no he is a showman

why would you think that?

Attached: whomp Porkfuture.jpg (900x578, 246.82K)

mushrooms

>people are dying all over from "sudden adult death syndrome" and science (supposedly) can't even pinpoint the actual cause of death
did this sudden adult death syndrome start around a year ago maybe..?

because what animates a body is incorporeal and your instruments are useless

That's a nice thought, but a great deal has already been learned about the various states of consciousness just within the last century. Look no further than the advertising and propaganda around you for signs of this understanding and its applications.

I like his random appearance in any pseudoscience show that's on tv

Attached: 1629918473393.jpg (750x422, 41.92K)

just hack infinite rejuvenation in cells and fix cancer, thats miles better.

>replace one neuron with a synthetic copy
>destroy the original neuron
>okay, consciousness intact and I’m still me
>replace a second neuron
>and so on
>eventually the whole brain is replaced with a synthetic copy
>never dies, just requires maintenance
>and it’s still the original you, not a copy

>two distinct consciousnesses
two distinct egos*, not necessarily two distinct consciousnesses

and why would you think that?