Why is this?

Why is this?

Attached: BeFunky-collage.jpg (3264x1545, 2.52M)

>home of some random king in the 17th century

Attached: Vue_aƩrienne_de_Versailles.jpg (1920x1440, 1.03M)

>One of the many houses of the richest man
and 4 times the size of the one of the right
>House of the some....
Goddammit, I'm replying in the thread of an illiterate tard.

no master tradesmen, you could support a family being one in a time of grinding poverty

rich people today are cosmopolitans. They have many properties all over the place.

Whose house is that on the right picture?

Honestly it's not that great, I've visited it 3 times, it's huge yeah but not that interesting, (thanks boring europoor school travels)

stone/brick houses are generally unsafe in earthquakes. You need to build from wood, or from steel reinforced concrete in earthquake zones.

dumas

is that why there still standing after 2000 years

Attached: onlygoodwhenElondoesit.jpg (2610x2333, 1.2M)

Not modern and minimalist enough for you? Ya fucking mutt.

Attached: france-versailles-hall-of-mirrors.jpg (730x540, 171.78K)

because only people who were already rich (family owning the land that the people farm) did things like 'write'

Americans piss me the fuck off

Thank you

>in earthquake zones.

Japanese don't usually build from stone either.

Versaille's facade is unironically hideous

Attached: marble_courtyard_versailles.jpg (970x728, 239.41K)

Actually this is Elon's house

Attached: 57353237-10775779-image-a-8_1651583321803.jpg (962x641, 141.24K)

building materials are expensive af and in short supply, as is land. Building a mega mansion is a huge drain on resources and most billionaires are self-made and relatively frugal in their own lifestyles. My sister spent $175,000 on a pool recently, and it's actually fairly small for a modern pool. Nothing is affordable anymore in large part because everything has to come from China/India/Mexico.

The only time you get old-fashioned 17th century style palaces still are when the leader of a nation uses their economy as their own personal piggybank and simply doesn't care about cost, like Erdogan and Putins palaces.

Meanwhile, in East Asia, "mega palaces" are seen as distasteful, inefficient, and out of touch. The exceptions are Myanmar and of course North Korea.

Attached: _116590529_download.jpg (976x549, 118.1K)

>Japanese don't usually build from stone either.
The Japanese are easily the worst example you can possibly use for building standards. They make everything out of wood because all houses are designed to be torn down after about 40 years. There's essentially no building in Japan today that's more than about 70 years old, all their historical ones are taken apart piece by piece every few years and completely remade.

isn't notch an unfriendly autist? he bought a house that can accommodate huge social events/parties. but what friends does he have? is he ever going to use that ballroom?

Attached: notch.jpg (480x271, 36.72K)

Listen he just asked a question no need to be rude

he was just asking a question no need to be rude

I thought he claimed he sold all his material possessions and don't even own a home?

What is it about him taking home a $23B bonus this year?

Attached: elon_musk_in_china.webm (450x800, 3M)

>Dumas is just some writer
literally one of the most popular writers ever, but sure
>Musk has just one house
you may be mentally retarded
he has sold 7 homes that we know of, lives in another, and almost certainly owns more in other names overseas

Attached: One-of-Califirnia-homes-that-Musk-sold_6231b1eb98456.jpg (1092x558, 91.71K)

Some random village blacksmith in the 19th century could afford to build this
Really makes you think...

Attached: Andrew_Carnegie_Mansion_002.jpg (3648x2736, 3.95M)

how the fuck do you spend almost 200k on a pool? I built one that's 14 by 40 feet and it was like 30k

Lol fucking hivemind

Putin's mansion is fucking ridiculous. Manchild levels of:
>yeah I'll have an ice skating ring, give me three
>saunas? need four of those motherfuckers yeah
>dining? gotta be fine, for 600 people even thought everyone wants to kill me now that I've fucked with their foreign money supply

It's got a fucking underground portion that goes directly to the sea, with a fake wall-cliff facade that hides an exotic balcony.

The entire area (air/sea/land) is surveilled and under military protection.

lmao

yeah okay but that's all cool as fuck?

Usually when you buy a mansion they don't have anything neet/autismo friendly on offer.

You can always turn the ballroom into a mega neet-cave.

Putin thinks he's playing The Sims with infinite cash cheats on. What a ludicrous waste lol

he used to have constant parties with celebrities might still be having them