In 20 years the sequel trilogy will be reevaluated and loved in the same way the prequel trilogy has been

in 20 years the sequel trilogy will be reevaluated and loved in the same way the prequel trilogy has been.

Attached: Sequel-Trilogy-Featured-Image.jpg (2376x1285, 748.26K)

It will be re-evaluated for sure but Idk about loved. Doesn't have as much soul as the other two.

in 20 years the only people watching movies will be the people with enough power to afford private armies. The rest of us will be cannibalizing each other and engaging in PUBG style combat

No. The PT was not "reevaluated" at any point. What happened was the kids and teens who grew up with them became adults and naturally shifted the tone of online discourse. The ST will not experience the same kind of natural shift because it did not appeal to children whatsoever.

I think most ppl hated phantom menace at first due to the shock of how bad and boring child anakin was. Other than that phantom menace was and is decent. Attack of the clones is absolute garbage outside of a few decent scenes, and the end(though it fucking sucked not to actually see the clone war). I remember living revenge of the Sith and thinking it was almost as good as the original trilogy. To this day I think revenge of the sith is actually worthy of being in talks about favorite Star Wars movies.

They will evaluated and studies as one of the biggest fuck ups in Hollywood history, it'll be remembered next to the likes of heaven's gate, difference being heaven's gate is actually good

>it did not appeal to children whatsoever
it didn't appeal to anyone, whatsoever
no one enthusiastically likes the sequel trilogy
it just exists; it's content to sell ads on cable
a guaranteed click on a streaming service when you want to babysit kids

No it won't - not as much. The Prequels expanded on Star Wars even if people didn't like them. The sequels are hollow and sterile. There isn't much to their universe beyond the films.

SW faggots ate up the prequels, so they will eat up the sequels as well, especially if you count that TLJ is actually the best SW movie since empire (which shits on all the prequel movies combined).

The Last Jedi I don't think is even appropriate for kids under 12 to watch. Its overly violent and mean spirited in a way none of the other movies are, you have tons of good guy characters being killed on screen and the movie heavily dwells on that fact. Like the scene where this cute pilot girl just gets blown up in her cockpit.

Attached: filwqer32re.png (1920x804, 1.22M)

what did rian johnson mean by having a veiny black cock pointing at her face?

Attached: 1154578541.jpg (1341x710, 119.16K)

Apparently Rey+Finn was the only romance pairing that was 100% off the table for Disney.

I think we treated JJ too harshly.

The prequels are at best tolerated by most, enjoyed only by fans who care about the universe rather than the movie itself. They still suck.

Iger would be the guy you need to thank, if JJ had his way Rey would have given Finn a BJ before leaving in TFA instead of hardcore friendzoning him.

Keep telling yourself that. By this point in the PT there were countless games, books, comics, card games all propping up the PT to keep it alive and push it. The ST has fucking nothing but a cancelled TV show and some books with fart weddings and a hotel riddled with a virus from 2020. The ST will always be hated and the only people involved who deserve forgiveness are the Rose actress, Gleeson and Max Von Sydow but he's dead

also people who hated the prequels started to appreciate them after seeing the sequels

so we have two groups

Attached: 226.jpg (400x600, 204.86K)

I give it 10 years tops. The seethe from prequelfags will be hilarious.

Lol no! Merchandise for the prequels sold in the billions! Disney nu wars is dead!

And yet the prequels merchandise made billions! Disney nu wars merchandise made Goose Egg!

Attached: 1654357579405.gif (480x200, 2.35M)

Its more that mainstream movies in general have become such unwatchable slop in the modern era, that it becomes hard to rag on movies like the Star Wars prequels. I'd even watch Crystal Skull over most of the junk being shoved down our throats these days.

when the prequels came out the was a real tsunami of merchandise, video games etc
when sequels came out barely anything came out, there wasn't even a single video game

Why didn't they just plan the trilogy in advance? If you spend a billion dollars on a franchise surely you ensure a basic narrative?