How come we haven't got any full-length 40k movies yet?

How come we haven't got any full-length 40k movies yet?

Attached: Klovis.jpg (600x925, 170.38K)

the libyans and their jew assmasters

Have some poorly animated crap instead.

Attached: Warhammer +.jpg (1280x720, 200.27K)

It's very dark and brutal, doesn't fit well with companies wanting to make Family movie dollars.
The companies that would make such a movie are either gone today, or not in a position to pull such a movie off, at least in the eyes of GW.
It's still a niche thing, unlike capeshit.
Just like capeshit though, there is this huge universe to explore and explain.
So huge and vast and complicated and full of fluff and detail, it is kinda hard to graps to people who are unfamiliar with it.
You basically have to make it a cinematic universe, but that can prove very risky, cause, it's a niche thing.
GW probably wants full control, not something that sits well with creatives.

Warhammer 40k is too sophomoric, even for Hollywood.

Fantasy cucks will seethe about it even though the only thing Fantasy has going for it is the rat people

Attached: skaven.jpg (1920x4383, 1020.32K)

Yeah Warhammer+ saga is such a clusterfuck
>GW at all time height of profit and interest, despite covid. Record profits and stock is through the roof.
>At a time where Hollywood desperately wants new IP's as past ones are ruined or bled dry, they are sitting on one of the last remaining untouched ones. It's the equivalent of Ethiopia being the last uncolonized African country in late 19th Century Africa.
>GW finally decides to open itself up and enter the fray, surely money will follow
>Watch enviously as fan-made content on youtube like Astartes and TTSD device blows up and generates hype for the IP.
>Some retarded boomer at GW goes full Icarus and goes "wait why work with these studios and take only a share of the profit when we can make them ourselves and keep 100% of what we take in!?".
>So instead of just releasing shit on Netflix or Amazon Prime like a normal person, GW decides to make its own streaming service and enter the streaming wars.
>Unveil Warhammer+, their streaming service exclusive to them
>Launching titles are: 3 episodes of an animated anthology series Hammer & Bolter, 1 episode of a animated Blood Angel series, 2 painting tutorial, 1 lore video, 3 battlereports.
>Hammer and Bolter shorts are horribly animated near-flash style cartoons in which most stuff isn't even animated.
>The Blood Angels series is a a 20 minute badly rendered BLACK AND WHITE CGI show starring a woman as a bait and switch
>The other supplementary content like the battlereports, lore vids, painting tutorials are low effort and worse than the free ones on youtube.
>To try and fill out their catalog, GW literally moves free vids already on their youtube channel to WH+.
>To top it all off, it costs as much as a "big" streaming service with thousands of titles in their library. In fact the Disney/Hulu/ESPN bundle is only slightly more expensive than the launching WH+ price per month.

Part 1

Part 2
>Outrage across internet, especially when If The Emperor Had A Text-to-Speech Device, a popular 40k satire series, shuts down completely. Creates a consumer backlash
>GW promises wide array of new shows to surely show this isn't so bad
>10 months later
>Some combined 40 minute "alright" Tau series that is youtube-tier (not worth a streaming service)
>Some 20 minute total badly animated black-and-white cartoon that is again something out of youtube or early adult swim
>In the meantime GW's stock starts to tank because WH+ is such shit.
>Stock continues to drop to its lowest level in nearly a decade, completely undoing their former progress
>WH+ fades into memory and has no pop culture relevance or appeal, if anything people are LESS aware of 40k now as all the youtube stuff has been scrubbed
>All of this could have been avoided if they didn't just fly so close to the sun

There was supposed to be a Man in High Castle live action show by Amazon, but Covid + the shift to Warhammer+ put it in developmental hell and it's pretty much dead in the water.

You either will get extremely woke shit that won't align with continuity due to changing who's in charge of the material, or you will get nothing because anything made by fans will be struck in to oblivion by GW. Those are your options

He will redeem it sir

Imagine walking into a shop and actually purchasing that comic.

Pretty based. I also buy 6 tits demonettes and ork boys. Not because i collect them just like models.

I hate GW with every fiber of my body. Literally no other company says that fan films are le illegal.
But the fags actually not making more films are the worst.

We have.
It's called Ultramarines and it's terrible.

GW's IPs won't survive the post 3d printing revolution and the absolute garbage video games and media they release for the franchises.

And the worst part is they'll make a ton of while they tank their cashcow.

GW is the ip, they'll produce their own games eventually, and tv series / movies (making their own studio instead of a streaming service to sell all that crap to Netflix/Hulu/Amazon, maybe even movies to Paramount or whatever) and they'll produce less minis.

we did, and it sucked ass because they couldn't be bothered to give it a budget and gave it a REALLY fucking generic story by 40k standards

there will be another 40k movie eventually, it's just a matter of when, but I don't think it's too far off now that GW are actually trying to expand into TV with WH+ (even though that has it's own problems) and the Eisenhorn live-action series that's being made at the moment

Attached: MV5BNjZiNmExNDMtYTBlZi00NTk4LTlkNjAtYWJlMTYxNDFhMzg0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODg1MTc3MTM@._V1_.jpg (1061x1500, 285.93K)

>written by the best GW writter
just figure

Warhammer 40k is some of the most juvenile edgelord shit around. So I'm impressed it hasn't been made into a Netflix series.

the only thing I can think is that he was heavily limited by GW because they were hoping this would act as an introduction to 40k for a lot of people
his other work is usually so nuanced that I can't imagine he would write such a basic bitch story intentionally
>ultramarines go to place
>place was attacked by chaos
>they get mcguffin from place
>one of them is corrupted by demon
>beat demon, destroy mcguffin
>the end

If I'm not bothered at all with painting the figures are the books a good read. Wouldnt mind some easy stuff and it seems fairly interesting. Seems like there are a fuck ton of books though wouldnt know where to start