Stupid dog! You made me look bad!

>Stupid dog! You made me look bad!
>Booga booga booga!
>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1632843952186.jpg (704x587, 49.11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZKA7YoEc4n4
youtube.com/watch?v=IojtpppQvmk&ab_channel=TheStrangeandStupidOne
twitter.com/AnonBabble

‘m

The things I do for chuds

Naughty.

Return /qa/

dubs

based

Remember the creator fought tooth and nail to make Courage a silent protagonist but CN execs wouldn't have it and wouldn't have greenlit the show if he didn't talk. He went to both Disney and Nick, and the former said it was too dark and the latter was simply uninterested and approved As Told By Ginger instead. He said it the most painful compromise of his life.

Attached: CN Eras2-min.jpg (2150x9130, 3.67M)

this is the only thread up right now that's made me laugh, and I bet Janny is working on deleting it as we speak.

WHATS YER OFFER?

/qa/ is destroying this board

/qa/ is helping this board

>NNOOOO NNOO
>STOP IN THE NAME OF SCIENCE
>YOUR COOKIE IS TOO LARGE

Does Courage even talk that much outside of babbling?

Lol this.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZKA7YoEc4n4

Looking at the Powerhouse-era cartoons reminds me of shows I haven’t thought about in years. I bet Mucha Lucha hasn’t crossed my mind since it was airing new episodes. I recall now that it had its own game on the Cartoon Network website, which I played a lot. That was probably fifteen years ago.

That's it. I'm gettin' me mallet.

He does, especially in season 1 because the CN execs were ADAMANT he talk and said kids wouldn't accept a silent protagonist or understand the plot without one. Courage talks to himself or to anyone who isn't his owners, who apparently can't understand him (stewie from family guy situation).

youtube.com/watch?v=IojtpppQvmk&ab_channel=TheStrangeandStupidOne

However by later seasons when the show was popular despite being weird af they let Courage talk a lot less, but he still does from time to time if only to get the voice actor something to do.

It's interesting because generally CN was far more laissez faire with their shows and gave the creators the most creative freedom, followed by Nick and then Disney being by far the most controlling.

Things really started going downhill in the summer of 2007.

emy

>He does, especially in season 1 because the CN execs were ADAMANT he talk and said kids wouldn't accept a silent protagonist or understand the plot without one.
tbf most kids didn't watch it because they found it too scary.
>followed by Nick and then Disney being by far the most controlling.
Agreed. Those Disney sitcoms were so plain and boring. Nick was alright as far as I can remember. I don't remember much shows from them. I do remember Bucket and Skinner which was a train wreck since the pilot, but CN was king back then.

Attached: 1654623252377.jpg (1000x500, 108.32K)

I hate how less weird it got after season 1, and the general direction away from surreal fever dream horror, and into generic, physical harm comedy randumbness.
Also it really is one of those cartoons you shouldn't binge, because it's incredibly formulaic, and the "courage sees something shocking" reaction gags, got old quick.
Still a fun show.

Early Nick was a lot more hands-off like CN was, Ren & Stimpy, Rugrats, Doug, and Rocko's Modern Life were made with very little interference. The same exec crowd running MTV approving shit like Beavis & Butthead and Jackass were in charge and thought kids/teenagers could handle more than the 80s had given us.

By the late 90s however due to the success of Hey Arnold and rebooted Rugrats with none of the edge, they tried to take a bit of a softer approach and this is why stuff like Wild Thornberry's, Rocket Power, etc are all pretty tame. Catdog and Spongbob were promoted as edgy series but were actually fairly tame in content, though early spongebob had great writers who didn't need edge.

The exception was Invader Zim in 2001, in part inspired by the success of Spongebob which Nick incorrectly believed to be because it was edgy like Ren & Stimpy had been. Zim pushed Nick to its absolute limits and they pretty much shut down the show that would have probably done a lot better on Cartoon Network.

Now the creator of Doug does hate Nick, but not because of anything in the Nick series itself. Rather they were very difficult developing a sequel series and he got into a rights dispute with him, which caused him to go to Disney.