What was the moral of the story?

What was the moral of the story?

Attached: Happiness1998Poster.jpg (259x384, 19.59K)

White people are...le evil?

>would you fuck me?
>no I'd jerk off instead

don't put twinkies on your pizza

This is unitoniclly one of my favorite films desu

That this movie is a perverse degenerate Jewish trash.

That people have different ideas of what their personal is happiness is, including the perverse and horrific

>ITS DA JOOOS!

Yes.

Attached: Toddsolondz.jpg (2336x3200, 2.13M)

No matter how bad life gets it's still funny

based

Jews can be pretty based every so often.

I'm not the biggest fan of this movie, but my takeaway is that cities and modern office culture have caused communities to breakdown letting evil hide in plain sight (the pedo), men and women to become sexually frustrated and lonely (the angry Seymour-Hoffman, the guy who kills himself, the fat murderer lady, Joy) and most importantly has left children without good mentors or role models, the boy in the film is a complete spastic.
I think some scenes are well done, the suicide reveal, the phone death threats and Joy getting used but all the pedo shit is too much man, I've never felt so uncomfortable watching a film, I've seen a lot of violent and gross shit, but this just got under my skin and at the end of the day, it was shock value for shock value's sake.

I think Solondz is kind of like Lynch in that he's obsessed with the ugly underbelly of American culture, except Solondz is a lot more focused on the degenerate sexual stuff than supernatural evil.

Maybe "American" is a bad way to say it, I think he's obsessed with the psychosexual undertones of middle class "normal" society and people.

Kino

Also Lara Flynn Boyle's character thought she was a fraud because she had never been raped in real life so therefore = inauthentic author. She hypes up an idealized version of trauma inside her head and then when it comes to the real thing, (a fat loser like Hoffman's character pumping her til she cum comes outta her ears), she realizes it's much easier to live the spoonfed non-traumatized life than to actually live through hell and abuse.
Most of the movie is people pretending to be someone they are not:
Hoffman wants to be a tough guy in bed but he can't even look at women.
Adams wants to be this free spirit musician who is open minded about everyone, but she dumps a good catch like Lovitt's character and immediately jumps into bed with a hunky, smooth talking stranger only to realize he used her for her body and stole from her.
Trish always brings up how she "has it all" but is obviously jealous of her sister's (Boyle) ability to live happily and successfully without a husband to carry her.
Dylan Baker's goes without saying.
But most importantly of all of them is Lenny, the father of the three sisters. He has it all: health, financial stability, three daughters with at least one who is successful and another who started a family, etc. but he is absolutely miserable. He loves nobody. Loves nothing. At the end of it all, he just wants to die quickly and be left alone because it's all meaningless.

The only other Solondz movie I saw was Storytelling and the "fuck me nigger" was a bit too edgy and on the nose in my opinion, but I think he treaded the line between realism and absurdity without being too edgy with commentary just purposely in Happiness. One of my favorite movies.

>Lenny, the father of the three sisters.
I also always wonder every time I rewatch if Lenny would have been actually happy with his life if he had at least one son. Instead of three daughters.

Welcome to the Dollhouse is his other best one.

why do stories have to have a moral? cant it just be a story?

I used to do the same thing the Hoffman character did, was very uncomfortable to be reminded of it

This exchange never gets old

>oy, actually it iz ze goyim

Attached: judsuss.jpg (340x407, 59.21K)