Why do demon and ghost movies usually never account for the fact that if these supernatural entities exist...

Why do demon and ghost movies usually never account for the fact that if these supernatural entities exist, then God almost definitely exists, and as such the characters should immediately start invoking the name and love of God and Jesus Christ? Even in the falling action they just go on as usual instead of showing a redemption arc into Christ's love. It doesn't make any sense

Attached: insidious darth maul demon .png (1548x1112, 1.37M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/B1TFVS23z7g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why would ghosts existing mean God exists? What the fuck?

I think the few that address it usually go the 40k route of "demons and hell are real but heaven and God aren't"

christcuck try not to get triggered challenge (impossible)

The overwhelming majority of movies don't make sense and have holes like that.
But they can still communicate important ideas. I was thinking how Plato's allegory of the cave is also retarded on a level, who is stupid enough to be imprisoned inside a cave?

I'm not even religious
But if I experienced irrefutable demon shit I'd be like "shit guess I was wrong"

Because that doesn't work. For ghosts you need salt, and for demons you need holy water. And neither of those are even permanent solutions.

God saves the day in The Conjuring movies.

I don't know about invocation but I always why none of them would be at least curious, if your kid really got possessed by a demon or something you wouldn't even think to stop and ask them about heaven or hell or God or any of that stuff?
It might be the biggest revelation in human history, certainly the biggest in your life, and your response is just to scream and set it on fire

why would you assume they were biblical demons? could just as easily be some native american pagan shit

Why do demon and ghost movies usually never account for the fact that if these supernatural entities exist, then Zeus almost definitely exists, and as such the characters should immediately start invoking the name and love of Zeus? Even in the falling action they just go on as usual instead of showing a redemption arc into Zeus's love. It doesn't make any sense

Literally how my faith was strengthened.
After having a spiritual encounter which torpedoed me into Christianity and started to study the Scriptures and apologetic arguments - yea sure I got into it, on solid grounds but it became unshakeable when I had demonic encounters and they just vanished by invoking Jesus. My brain kept repeating me on a loop that there's no reason to even doubt again since the existence of this spiritual evil confirms the narrative which makes sense of it all for example aka Christianity.

Hell House Trilogy ends that way. Same with A Dark Song
whoops spoilers

Attached: In Bruge midget racewar.jpg (666x444, 139.22K)

Why do demon and ghost movies usually never account for the fact that if these supernatural entities exist, then Amun-Ra almost definitely exists, and as such the characters should immediately start invoking the name and love of Amun-Ra? Even in the falling action they just go on as usual instead of showing a redemption arc into Amun-Ra's love. It doesn't make any sense

If Darth Maul exists in the Insidious universe, does that mean that Jedi are out there trying to save my main man?

Is this the early 2000s? Get your categories straight.

I unironically think all that supernatural shit could be real. Super rare but potentially real. I don't have a single ounce of faith God exists. If he was benevolent he'd help people if he was all powerful and not benevolent he'd be fucking shit up for fun. No chance an all powerful god just chills and does nothing.

>I was thinking how Plato's allegory of the cave is also retarded on a level, who is stupid enough to be imprisoned inside a cave?
This is the most egregious sentence on the entire board right now. The entire point of the allegory is that the people in the cave are tricked by illusion into thinking that the cave is all there is. I am almost certainly strong enough to kill you in a single punch. I am a Plato disrespecter myself but if you continue to spread such gross misinterpretations on my board I will have no choice but to end you.

Why do demon and ghost movies usually never account for the fact that if these supernatural entities exist, then Odin almost definitely exists, and as such the characters should immediately start invoking the name and love of Odin? Even in the falling action they just go on as usual instead of showing a redemption arc into Odin's love. It doesn't make any sense

I wasn't addressing the point of the story, my post went over your head entirely. I was in spirit with OP talking about "sin" elements in the structure of a story and those aren't really relevant for the actual message/implication.

>I am a Plato disrespecter myself
>no reading comprehension
spotted the plebbitor
go back

>when I had demonic encounters
details please

Egregious is such a fun word to say. I should use it more often.

such a 15 year old retards take. sad!

Unironically take your meds

They don't need to do so. Ghost movies follow different themes so it's a non-sequitur. Demon movies usually find horror in the doubt demonic entities are able to raise in humans (e.g. The Exorcist uses a demon that existed before Abrahamic religions and a major theme in the book/movie is Father Damien's doubt and intellectual hubris).

kys zoomer

Perhaps you're right, perhaps you're just making things up as you go. Regardless, I am a bit drunk but reading that sentence sent me into a blind rage and I think such things need to be addressed firmly.

So if you were being attacked by demons, you wouldn't simply say a couple words from the only religion you know? You wouldn't give it a try?

strike a nerve there pal?

The only god I know is me

When I read The Exorcist a bird shat on my book right at the part where they're describing the vandalism in the church (i.e. how someone shit on the altar). It actually freaked me out a little.

based drunk /lit/ poster

Wtf? When I was reading goosebumps my dog shat himself when I got to the part about the fridge

im chinese

Hello tranny

Darth Maul gets goat legs instead of droid legs in the WanCU

I'm so sorry

Hello

me so solly

Demons don't attack religious people, only gaytheists.

thank you, chinese demons are vicious

What's really fascinating is why invoking the name of god/jesus during alien abductions is actually effective for getting them to stop.

That's also not Native American

Shit on Insidious all you want but the soundtrack is fucking terrifying. Basically just one man alone in a room carefully breaking instruments and making violins sound like demons.

youtu.be/B1TFVS23z7g

ok?

>demons
More likely ayylmaos.
And have some dignity, man.

>implying the emperor is not god

Tangentially related, but Signs is one of my favorite movies because of how the Christianity redemption arc is the main theme. It ties it all together and gives it emotional weight instead of just being some dumb little story

Conjuring does

I had a sleep paralysis episode when I was a good Christian boy and my first instinct was to try to say Jesus and all that. Could barely get the words out. I imagine the feeling of sleep paralysis is the same we have when we die

The point is that you would try something from a religion that you know. Just assuming it's some "Native American pagan shit" or whatever random religion and doing nothing is useless.