What do you think causes this phenomenon

What do you think causes this phenomenon

Attached: 03ab82adc70dbffe340e03b1c7b59cb1f3af12ca73f75f3e8dc992164c5d0f13_1.jpg (564x534, 42.57K)

brainlet normie exhibit (a)

Rich nepotists generally rationalize their laziness. Abrams actually likes his mystery-box bullshit.

not watching enough kino. the worst feeling in the world is watching a movie and feeling like you've already seen it before.

The more I think about movie criticism the more I think like this.

Coonsumer mentality. Makes you watching movies completely uncritically. It's also a form of blissful ignorance

sub 90 IQ

I avoid movies that look shit. I don't need to know if shit like Aquaman is good or shit, who the fuck wants to watch that shit.

hence why the northman and john carter flopped

Being able to turn off your brain is awesome, enjoy your limited ability to enjoy movies smart-dumbasses

You aren't turning anything off, it simply is not there

based "just turn of your brain bro" movie enjoyer.
reminder only jews and woman would ever put much worth into something that has no real life meaning

unintelligence

But people like capeshit, the most predictable genre on earth. It's literally "good guy win, bad guy looses, muh teamwork".

people conflate "I like" and "I didn't like" with "this is good" and "this is not good." Took me a while to be able to say "I didn't like the movie, but it was good"

Ah much like Lord of the Rings

>coen brothers avatar
sounds about right
peak plebs that think they have taste cinema are kubrick and all the other entry level imdb favorites

It was never on

Idk but I think I'd honestly just rather be a retarded normalfag than whatever I am now

Lord of the rings is capeshit.

That's actually really true.
I usually associate good and bad with some sort of like objectiveness when it really comes down to feeling.

Attached: isb.jpg (645x475, 63.48K)

If they're critical of each other, it impacts sales, and then they can't get hired anymore.

Not being able to articulate scrutiny of a piece of art, and therefore not being able to truly differentiate or understand what makes something good or not, is a sign of not just poor taste but the true intellectual and artistically bankrupt pleb.

good audiences are retarded animals

more like robeshit, akshully

I enjoy some absolute trash but I don't think it's well made or well written. I just recognise that me liking something doesn't make it good and my ego isn't tied up in that whereas the ego of a typical person absolutely is tied up in that.

In the nicest possible way, this probably says more about you than anything else.

I remember taking my first girlfriend on a date to see Transformers 2 and even as a 17 year old I knew that movie sucked fucking balls. The theater was packed and that piece of shit got a standing ovation. I got into an argument with her about how fucking stupid these people were for liking that trash and she told me it was a good movie

no shit, I'm talking about myself. But it applies to most people when they say something is good or bad. What they really mean is they either liked it or didn't.

This is almost universally true.
A video game or a movie can be well done from start to level on an entirely technical bit but I could have absolutely no appreciation or interest for it.

Meanwhile the opposite can also be true as well. People love Halo. It's a well made tight shooter but I don't like it. That doesn't make it bad.