I used to think old TV shows were lame and boring, especially compared to old movies that are still entertaining today...

I used to think old TV shows were lame and boring, especially compared to old movies that are still entertaining today, until I saw Columbo and it made me reconsider. Are there any other shows from the 70s or before that still hold up?

Attached: columbo-main-NEW.jpg (678x381, 46.23K)

Rockford Files, Baretta, etc

I like Columbo too. The only other old show I really like is Prisoner.

MASH is hilarious

The Incredible Hulk from the 70s still holds up to an extent in my opinion.

Bonanza

Sliders
Quantum Leap
A-team (but not really)

Old comedies are also great:
Blackbooks
It crowd

Perry Mason
The Twilight Zone

>70s before
Sliders was the 90s. Quantum Leap was the 90s. A-Team was the 80s.

user welcome to a world of kino

Classic TV shows:
Magnum PI
Northern Exposure
Hardcastle and Mccormick
TJ Hooker
Miami Vice
Homicide: Life on the Street
Night Court
Simon and Simon
riptide
jake and the fatman
The Fall Guy
Mr Belvedere
Heart to Heart
Columbo
The Six Million Dollar Man
Star Trek
Star Trek TNG
Star Trek DS9
Star Trek Voyager
Stingray
Street Hawk
Houston Knights
Booker
Tropical Heat
Silk Stalkings
Thunder in Paradise
Mannix
The Rockford Files
The Professionals
Minder
The Sweeney
Hill Street Blues
WKRP in Cincinnati
Newhart
The Bob Newhart Show
It's Garry Shandling's Show
The Larry Sanders Show
Due South
A-Team
Lancer and Bonanza
Knightrider
Amazing Stories
The Equalize

is columbo really worth watching? it's a massive show

Its a massive kino

user, the show has ten seasons

I dont understand the issue

only SIXTY NINE episodes though

Magnum PI chads always win

There's no overarching plot, just pick an episode with a famous actor you like and watch it you dumb goddamn adhd zoomer.

I, Claudius

Attached: amazing stories.png (780x1170, 1.66M)

Watch the first episode and go from there, it's basically a movie and will let you know how much more you want to watch, I think Peter Falk once said in an interview that he thinks the first episode was the best one they ever made

You have to go into it with an open mind, its a super old show and isnt like shit made today so you need to be willing to adjust to it

tales from the crypt

Alot of shows today are fucking terrible. It really makes you appreciate the time when tv WAS actually good and gave us kino like columbo, red dwarf, frasier, cheers, IT crowd, A-Team, star trek.

Everything has gone to shit now and the only half decent stuff either gets cancelled for shit no one likes or gets replaced with woke crap

I liked evil dead and they cancelled it.
I like Last Kingdom but because the writer refused to push fags and nigs in his show Netflix forced him to finish everything in 1 last series.
I liked walking dead till it turned to utter woke shit and I've just stopped watching it.

Take me back bros! I'd rather watch reruns of frasier for the next 10 years than the latest crap that's on tv

fuck I just got the gary shandling show theme stuck in my head again

Allo Allo is great, as well as

kek based

user, most of the shows back then were also terrible, you simply forgot all about them and only remember the good ones. Hell, a lot of the good stuff you like also got cancelled early, OG Star Trek only lasted 3 seasons despite all the fan demand.

pleb

First 2 seasons of the original Star Trek are mostly great.

>OG Star Trek only lasted 3 seasons despite all the fan demand.
but Gunsmoke, user! Gunsmoke!

Nah, you're remembering it wrong. He filmed 4 intros for his favorite 4 episodes that got played on uh A&E I think. 3 were from season 5, one from season 3 iirc.

The funny thing is that if the Nielsen Ratings system had been in place when Star Trek was airing, by their metrics it would have been one of the most successful shows ever because its audience (younger urban people with disposable income) were people advertisers cared about. The rural purge wouldn't happen until later.

>rural purge
wat

for me, it's Wonder Woman
but I recommend the serial killer episode of Hulk

Attached: images.jpg (643x477, 28.47K)

Northern Exposure

In the 1971, networks realized that even though rural TV shows like Green Acres, Mayberry RFD or Hee Haw attracted a lot of viewers, most of the viewers were quite old, young people that advertisers cared about because they were more likely to buy products didn't like them because they felt too dettached from what was going on in the real world. So they cancelled most of those shows and replaced them with new urban shows that dealt with more real-world issues with more diverse casts, young people watched them, advertisers were happy, and TV changed forever.