Mahjong

You play mahjong, niggas?

Why or why not?

You any good?

Attached: FaL585oUcAAPcgo.png (320x240, 154.31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pka0nVIahb0
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/
reddit.com/r/Mahjong/comments/l5b221/riichi_mahjong_cheat_sheet_1_page_pdf_or_images/
youtube.com/watch?v=mxO5OxiQNhs&ab_channel=Crow_77
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm not asian so i cant read the funny little pictures on the tiles or be bothered to learn and know the names of the 500000 different winning combinations

wow. really? that was a really offensive word you used there. you could have hurt someone. think about that.

Attached: 1659331743588295.png (773x607, 242.72K)

>mahjong

We regularly hold mahjong in Japanese threads. If you like, please join us (^^

i do play mahjong, but have no one to play with

Attached: nyagger.gif (224x336, 561.66K)

I started recently but I'm not good, I sometimes forget to pay attention to the discards as well.

ありがとう麻雀は好きです。でも私の日本語はとても悪いです

I only played the version that came built into windows. I didn't have any close Asian friends that played this.

is mahjong skill based like chess or luck based like backgammon?

i play on mahjong soul sometimes

「Mahjongsoul」でやる?どうやってやってる?

I want to learn, what is the best way if you have noone to play with?

I tried reading up on it, but it seems like everyone has different rules for combinations etc.

learn the basics of chinese mahjong first with this video: youtu.be/pka0nVIahb0
then learn japanese (ie riichi) mahjong and play on mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/
mahjongsoul has a tutorial of its own and a reference to all the winning hands
id print out the yaku list cheat sheet here: reddit.com/r/Mahjong/comments/l5b221/riichi_mahjong_cheat_sheet_1_page_pdf_or_images/
use it for reference while youre playing

just try playing against bots at first and focus on the easiest win conditions: all simples (tanyao) and value triplets (yakuhai, ie 3 seat or round winds, or 3 dragons)
once youre familiar with these win conditions and mechanics like pon and chi then you can move on to further strategy
this guys videos are pretty good imo, but theres a bunch of good riichi mahjong strategy vids: youtube.com/watch?v=mxO5OxiQNhs&ab_channel=Crow_77

I play mahjong soul and I'm expert 1 if that means anything. Only got one yakuman ever.

Attached: 13 orphans.png (1698x955, 1.17M)

I play on my phone sometimes.

Attached: unnamed.jpg (512x512, 48.79K)

this is my wife
say something nice

Attached: Capture.png (648x706, 794.02K)

I play riichi BUT
1) I don't like playing online
2) 90% of people who play at jansou in Russia are balding weeb turbonerds. I'm just slightly balding slightly weeb regular nerd.
3) I have taught three friends to play it but we rarely have the opportunity to play together because one is unironically working, the other is neeting and doesn't like to leave his apartment and the third one is a political activist and he is on some protests or agitations everyday.
These are the reasons why I play rarely

>agitations every day
Careful russbro.

Yeah I don't agree with any of his political views but he's my friend and I just hope he doesn't end up in prison.

Of course, and play by the Cantonese rules

Attached: E9EC605F-E34B-434E-AC37-C92BC6FFF82A.jpg (546x662, 41.88K)

I can't even understand playing cards so no way in hell im playing Chink poker.

I used to play it on mom's computer when I was like 9 or 10 years old lol

Thanks

I played it on every computer I installed GNU/Linux on.