ITT: post books that doesn't have film adaptations, but should

What happened to the film adaptation plans for pic rel (Lord of the Flies meets The Thing on crack)? Was it the animal abuse scenes?

Attached: 315f5d4a9166f93765820ecc095bdf8b.jpg (353x549, 36.36K)

The turtle scene is unadaptable unironically. The whole point of the story hinges on it too. Also the fact that you'd need at least 4 kid actors who can carry multiple scenes. I don't see it ever getting a half decent adaptation.

There are some scenes in this book that could never be put on screen. Personally the true terror comes from not the gore and violence but the other ideas so if some scenes (scenes involving babies for example) got cut I wouldn't mind personally. Also I'm putting that book on my reading list, thanks OP.

Attached: CormacMcCarthy_BloodMeridian.jpg (229x350, 30.53K)

They would unironically ruin it

yeah, I guess that and the cat scene would have to be adapted out.

It would be neat to see some cool body horror and mutation on screen again though

glad to share senpai

sadly unadaptable

Attached: 9780140268867_1.jpg (445x640, 61.22K)

Attached: 2457F851-7D82-4579-B43E-38EDF95D08DE.jpg (314x489, 75.54K)

Oh fuck. I’ve heard about this meme book from /lit/. This is the schizo book where Stephen King and JK Rowling get kidnapped by a satanic cult and a kid has to save them.

CotC is absolute insanity.

Based

generally I am very much against any book I enjoy getting adapted in current year but pic related is actually perfect. a literally genderfluid black assassin prostitute and their white painter friend travel 5 magical realms in a quest to kill god and destroy the patriarchy.

Attached: imajica-cover.jpg (298x475, 37.61K)

I don't know why they didn't do it yet. It's even more relevant than when it was written. It would have some really badass action scenes. I wish James Cameron would produce an adaptation or something

Attached: 810o+reOZJL.jpg (1200x2130, 413.54K)

I read another book from this writer that was about a cult and some weird entity in the woods that kills and assimilates animals. So you get these disgusting creatures that are like a ball of various animal limbs and heads.

The book was ok, but ultimately didn't hold my attention that much and I didn't finish it. Is this one better?

I can't say I haven't read his other stuff. The Troop absolutely held my attention, I read it in one day

His books are kind of all like that but The Troop has more substance.

speaking of Clive Barker: I'm still pissed HULU shat on pic rel

Attached: lit3.jpg (331x500, 51.26K)

This would be extremely kino

Attached: 81DOntdMrfL.jpg (1695x2560, 420.09K)

MOBY DICK

Almost no books should have film adaptations. The mediums are just too different. Any book that lends to a 1:1 film adaptation and doesn't blow ass probably was a pretty weird book that didn't capitalize on that medium and likely should have been a screenplay in the first place. I'm ashamed to say that it took the mini-series adaptation of Pillars of the Earth to finally realize that most books should stay books and that adaptations are for people who never read. I'm a lot less disappointed now that I don't go in expecting film/tv adaptations of books to be anything but shit. Occasionally I'm pleasantly surprised but mostly I don't end up wasting my time.

Attached: Pillars of the Earth.jpg (780x1170, 241.98K)

Unfilmable. Would be impossible to do due to the meta twist