Be honest, you'd return if you could. It was a better time

Be honest, you'd return if you could. It was a better time

Attached: blockbusters.jpg (478x345, 62.01K)

No shit.

I rarely got to go to Blockbuster (my parents said it cost too much) but yes, I like going into physical stores more.

I used to play Sonic 1 there when I was a kid because I was poor

I just miss having reasons to leave the house

Piss off nostalgiafucker. Video stores were a giant pain in the ass. Its much better to be able to rent without leaving the house.

Technology in recent decades has to be one of the biggest tricks ever pulled. The quality if life doesn't really get better, all that happens is that we trade our social life for comfort and isolation and more people on the planet.

Attached: 1608594419972.jpg (1436x1328, 139.89K)

No it isnt

You can, there's still one in Bend, OR, about 3 hours from Portland

this
90s fucking sucked and blockbuster fetishism is fucking disgusting.

Attached: 1621558788525.jpg (2000x1333, 1.3M)

I just miss video stores in general. browsing was kino

Late fees were not cool. The problem isn't the distribution, the problem is the content.
The wrong people were attracted to hollywood.

and cheaper. Blockbuster was such a rip off

No, I wouldn't. My life is way better now. Also, Blockbuster was shit. They scammed people with late fees, and the staff was also a bunch of retarded high school faggots. Every other rental place was cheaper and better.

>MUH LATE FEES
Like just return it late then retards

The world would be a better place without you in it.

Blockbuster sucked, but the '90s and early 2000s were a genuinely good time.

Late fees more than anything is what killed them. Netflix turned late fees into a subscription.

based

Yeah, the Netflix model is the right one. It's just their content generation that failed them. Their release schedule, their rapid growth internationally, their platform, the nuts and bolts, was and still is the future, the business was good. But they hired the wrong people, they let a culture develop that wasn't artistic it was political, they fucked up the show.

It's showbusiness, one doesn't exist without the other and there is no room for anything else.

>No, I wouldn't. My life is way better now. Also, Blockbuster was shit. They scammed people with late fees, and the staff was also a bunch of retarded high school faggots. Every other rental place was cheaper and better.

This.

Family Video had insane deals compared to Blockbuster. It was something like 4 movies for 2 dollars for most of what they carried.

>Comfort and isolation isn't quality of life
>More people on the planet isn't quality of life
It is by any reasonable standard before today, you just don't like it now because you think you have too much of it. For most of human history we've been living with intestinal parasites, cholera, smallpox and dysentery from human feces in the drinking water, bed bugs and lice in all the bedding and eventually we advanced forward to a standard of black lung from coal smoke.

For all of human history we've been seeking conditions in which people CAN live apart without being raided by outsiders, CAN seek comfort without dying of hunger and CAN have more people on the planet instead of constantly losing children to disease.

Now we have all these things. This is objectively a better standard of life by every reasonable metric. The fact that you don't know what to do with it, or that you despise what other people are choosing to do with it, sounds like a personal problem. Maybe you should fix it.

you can rent movies there? I'm like 120 miles from bend lol