A fall from grace

Anakin is a perfect character; the prequels completely explain his backstory and motivations. He left his mother in slavery to join the Jedi because he was told he was essential to winning the war. The next time he saw her she was killed and he could have protected her if he had stayed. Despite being told he was essential to winning the war, the Jedi keep limiting his power, this is shown the most clearly using the overly memed "How can I sit on the council but not be given the rank of master" scene. So basically, he left his mother to live a life of slavery and be brutally murdered for pretty much nothing.

Then he gets visions of his wife dying and he is afraid she will die as well. Instead of turning to the jedi for help, who are already limiting his power, he turns to the Chancellor, who tells him a story of a sith lord who did exactly what he is trying to do-- prevent death. So basically he had to choose between the jedi -- who kidnapped him at a young age, prevented him from stopping for his mother's death, is limiting his power, and is now preventing him from preventing his wife's death -- and the Sith -- who he's been told is evil his whole life but hasn't really seen the effects of their evilness. He has to make this decision quickly when Windu is trying to kill Palpatine. He realizes that the Jedi is at least equally as evil as the sith when Windu says "He's too dangerous to be kept alive," a verbatim quote from Palpatine at the beginning of the movie. The Jedi only care about their own rules when it is convenient. When he makes the decision to defend Palpatine, he is thrust into the dark side of the fence he's been sitting on; he's made his decision, and there's no going back.

Attached: E08BB5EC-7774-482A-8397-F65ABE8BD3F5.png (744x795, 877.44K)

sav'd

Based

bumping

I love the prequels but I agree his story was far better than appeared on screen and could be retold 100x better.

desu Star Wars kind of stops with Revenge of the Sith for me; I know the other films are good but it’s all just such a less interesting setting than the Republic
>t. EUfag

The Dark Side has been the good side all along.

based, fuck prequel hating boomers.

Also Lucas said Anakin character is supposed to reference America's mistreatment of army veterans after the Gulf War.

Lucifer mogs

Not just that, but they put him in command of an entire army of slaves nominally created by the Jedi who wouldn't dole out the cash to free his mother, if only to clear his young conscience. The same order that stays politically neutral tolerates the practice, despite their power to end it at the point of a laser sword. And he ultimately is redeemed by his son, who only prevailed by virtue of embracing his bond to his estranged father - against the advice of old guard Jedi masters like Kenobi & Yoda.

>When he makes the decision to defend Palpatine, he is thrust into the dark side of the fence he's been sitting on; he's made his decision, and there's no going back.
He's also enfeebled enough by his injuries to prevent him from challenging the Emperor successfully; and Sidious formalizes slavery (supposedly as war reparations) as imperial policy ...

He killed them kids yo

I appreciate the sequels for driving home the point that the many games have expanded on : jedi and sith are both bad because they are both led by blind dogma

I always thought it was a collection of cool ideas and had the wireframe for an amazing story, but could have used more rounds of rigorous editing, both in scripting phase and after shooting.

>Gulf War
They got a fucking ticker tape parade. I think you're misremembering your wars dude.

Attached: vietnam ghosts.jpg (500x375, 157.34K)

Prequelchads… we won

Why am I so obsessed with Devil, bros?

Because he's obsessed with you.

>Prequel fags have to come up with headcanon to enjoy their shitty movies

Attached: Hearty Lol.jpg (812x810, 243.38K)

Boomer comment. Pic related is a boomer laughing while reading about his glorious and heroic Iraq War.

It's like pottery.

Close one.
Dunno. Daddy issues probably. It's not healthy, that's for sure.

:o