Jay & Silent Bob were never funny

Jay & Silent Bob were never funny.

Attached: clerks-2-jay-and-silent-bob-.jpg (1024x576, 75.6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/MFKmSAsmq30
youtu.be/CAeFPZ-yXYM
youtube.com/watch?v=x0Ns4mqgDTo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yes they are

it was reddit before reddit existed

Jay is pretty funny.

youtu.be/MFKmSAsmq30

youtu.be/CAeFPZ-yXYM

You mean Legolas and Gimli, right?

>Tortures small animals
>Sexually harasses random women

Ah the 90s.

Well you're posting Clerks 2 so I imagine you might be a zoomer and this was your introduction to them, of course you wouldn't find them funny. But everything through Strikes Back is pretty gold.

Correct, only Jay was funny.

A lot of humor doesn't really age well. Not in a politically correct way, but things are just funnier when they were new. I used to laugh hard at the antics of Ed Edd n' Eddy, but now I can only smile bemusedly if I feel the need to watch a random clip. You're just getting older user.

they're funny when you're 12, tolerable when you're 18, and absolute garbage when you're 28

Did you know that Jesus was a jew?

Bruh they weren’t supposed to be role models or stand up comedians, they were supposed to be pathetic dealers whose mumbled banter was ridiculous. That being said, “you’re a rude motherfucker, silent Bob, but you’re cute as hell. I could go down on you, suck you, line up three other guys and make like a circus seal” was the best line in any of his fucking movies, and it lands pretty much ONLY because Mewes was so drugged out all the time.

looney tunes and old hanna-barbera stuff are the only things I can think of that still make me laugh like I did when I was a kid

Attached: 1629138599578.jpg (541x521, 167.7K)

Dogma was a good movie

there has to be term for this. it's not just humor either, but everything about old media. we often judge it against the standards of today, which is unfair and erroneous to do.

MY LOVE FOR YOU IS TICKING CLOCK. BERSERKER.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO SUCK MY COCK? BERSERKER.

Mewes was unique that way because he came from a broken home that wasn't too bad but still bad enough to ruin him and make him into a drug addict, also he was pretty dumb, but the likeable type of dumb, not the annoying type of dumb.

>youtube.com/watch?v=x0Ns4mqgDTo
This is still fuckin funny and I don't care what anyone says

laurel and hardy.

Yes they were. They were 90s funny. And I don't mean that in a "they were only funny for their time" kind of funny. I watched Clerks for the first time a couple years ago, in my late 20s, and I thought they were great. But if you have a 90s way of looking at things, you know what I'm talking about. Today's youth and adults are all Marvelfags who drink onions and play Switch. When they find out their they/them partner got them tickets to the latest superhero movie they piss their pants with joy and excitement and spend the next hour figuring out which mask they should wear to the theater and whether they should get booster #7 just in case.

So of course you, and others of your ilk, don't find them funny. You heard about 90s people saying how funny and cool and entertaining they were, and how much of a contribution they made to those movies, and when you hear that, you expect people to react like you do when Laura Dern makes a "he slid into my DMs" joke (in 2022) in the latest Jurassic World piece of shit directed by that faggy non-American (e.g., cackling with laughter so hard you need to dilate extra hard afterwards).

But those of us in the 90s were able to find things funny, and hilarious, without reacting that way. We never made claim that they were the funniest guys in the world. We never burst out laughing and said they were comedic geniuses. (Unless maybe we were high.) But that doesn't mean they're not funny. They are. The people who know this, know this. Then there are people like you, such sorry excuses for men you can't even define what a woman is. You can't even cope with the most trivial of tribulations without wanting to get tranny surgery. Pathetic. I hope you get sent to fight for Ukraine.

Attached: 1547853221628.jpg (749x750, 123.19K)

there is a difference between being funny and being entertaining.

This is one of the faggiest posts I’ve ever seen on 4channel that didn’t include photos of men sucking dicks. The 90s were kid shit next to the 80s. Skolnick (the hero of the fuckin movie) literally raped Betty in Revenge of the Nerds but she decided she didn’t care because he made her coom.