Prequelzoomers will defend this scene

Prequelzoomers will defend this scene.

Attached: midichlorians.jpg (1271x545, 192.23K)

If you actually think about it, it is extremely based of George to do this. He isn't just creating a vague 'force', but has created a system in which it makes sense for some to be better at wielding the force than others. It justifies Qui Gon taking an interest in Anakin in the first place.

Honestly 'super power destiny germs' are pretty cool. But Star Wars, since Empire, has always been a giant ret con.

Attached: alfred qinsey.jpg (634x641, 66.68K)

That's not based. That's comic book/anime/vidya tier garbage.
The original force was clearly based on all those oriental concepts of ki, chi or whatever. Prequel force is basically just a mutation, like Jedi are some retarded X-men. It's capeshit tier.

How else would Qui-Gon know if Anakin was incredibly forced sensitive.

By sensing it. He was a Jedi after all.

It is still Ki, it’s just that the Force spoke through the midi-chlorians, allowing certain beings to use the Force if they were sensitive enough to its powers.

Agreed, if there's some biological underpinning then biotech can give mundanes Force powers and then you need some bs as to why that's not done

Attached: sw 77 hc i.jpg (745x369, 74.57K)

Midichlorians are a perfectly fine explanation for force sensitivity. Never understood the hate.

Attached: 1599596385543.jpg (355x271, 20.2K)

can you even tell me what's wrong with midichlorians?

But then how would that explain Vader not picking up Princess Leia being force sensitive?

iamgine caring about star wars
theyre fun movies who cares
oomers are embarrassing

The Chosen One shit was worse than the midichlorians themselves, though neither were a good or even useful story addition.

midichlorians don't cause the force they are attracted to the force. 101 iq prequel haters strike again. Also the whill of the force is 100% cosmic hippie buddhist monk crap, it's not some hard sci-fi concept. I swear ya'll peak at 104iq, because after that point you can start to appreciate the prequels.

How do you know he didn't?

Still, this scientific explanation kills the mysticism. But that's generally what the prequels did, killed all the mystery about Star Wars.
I imagined the Jedi as a secret order of buddhist-like monks coming out of the shadows and helping the good guys when they needed it. Lucas gave me a creepy Jesuit-like order fully involved in the galactic politics.

I don't like the direction this entire franchise moved. This includes the EU and everything else. I like the stories about spiritualism vs modern technology and the OT was such a story.
The prequels demystified everything about Star Wars.

>chosen one is such a stupid concept
>OH MY GOOOOOOD LUUUUUUUKE RISE TO THE CALL OF ADVENTURE THIS IS YOUR FATHER'S LIGHTSABER HE WAS A GREAT JEDI
see
destiny and fate was always the key central theme in star wars you dumb ass.

Not OP, but they do not add or accomplish anything. It's a retarded attempt at best to toe the line between scientific and spiritual and to add an empirical aspect to the Force, but in the end it just quantifies one's potential in a fucking adventure story. That symbiosis remark also doesn't go anywhere.

'Do your friends consider you lucky? do you ever have dreams that come to pass? I've put something in this box, try to tell me what it is, use your feelings...'

Which movie is this from?

Problem Child 2

>Still, this scientific explanation kills the mysticism
How? It's not biological.
>I imagined the Jedi as a secret order of buddhist-like monks coming out of the shadows and helping the good guys when they needed it.
They are, the Jedi Order was not a military organization, they were incorporated into political matters during the war, but that doesn't make the Force or the Jedi any less interesting because they are that different.
>I like the stories about spiritualism vs modern technology and the OT was such a story.
They do this anyways. How does one blood sample to quantify what makes someone a Jedi trigger you? It's a high-tech space world.

Okay. It is different though, and if you can't grok that you're not very bright.

Star Wars fags will defend anything in their shitty series

>midichorloians are just attracted to force sensitive people

i like how this ignores the fact quigon says the exact opposite. midichlorians are what give them connection to the force.

>science kills mysticism
Unironically why are atheists like this? Nobody else has an issue with this concept

>midichlorians as a concept predate a new hope
head canon sisters it's not fair..... I get that star wars is about fate and destiny but why can't I be a jedi master too it's not fair....