This was affordable for a lower-middle class working man in the 80s

>This was affordable for a lower-middle class working man in the 80s

Attached: 2drcsndagig61.jpg (700x911, 148.19K)

thanks jews

Attached: homer paycheck.jpg (4010x2464, 701.93K)

Working on power plant is lower middle class?

didn't they explain it as Abe giving up his farmhouse for the deposit and some 'fast track' system or something (a govt program to give struggling people houses?) Flanders refers to

they're portrayed as living in/looking at some pretty dingy places prior to that
>including that one with the classic 'murder scene body outline' I must remember to use in the next tired movie cliche thread lol

He’s a nuclear safety inspector and the house was bought in the 80’s

It's affordable now. Move to the Midwest.

The real question was how Al Bundy could afford his house as a shoe salesman

Any boomer that says the word avocado deserves death.

Attached: growth-in-u-s-home-values-outpaces-that-of-incomes.png (676x840, 18.34K)

This was the home of an extremely poor family in the early 90s

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 25.37K)

according to /ck/ everyone in America is on some sort of food stamp and rent support program so its probably easier than it looks
>seen enough eps of Hoarders and similar 'every day Americans' shows that basically confirm this too

Homer made $40 a day in season 5. (~1992-3).
Thats $5 an hour.

>average middle class family house

Attached: the-home-alone-house-in-real-life-758x454.jpg (758x454, 46.37K)

That's like 2800 a month net pay adjusted for inflation. Not awful for middle of nowhere America, but Homer was hilariously underpaid considering his position, he should be earning at least twice that amount for a chief safety inspector.

More immigration will fix this

$12/hour

And don't forget higher taxes.

The realtor saw his legendary moment where he scored four touchdowns in one game and showed him a cheap house that used to be a dead nigger storage.

What's the tiny room between the kitchen and nebulous rumpus room supposed to be?

They were clearly wealthy, you dolt, they just don't dwell on that fact because it alienates wagie audiences.

burns feared his teamster rallying capacities so gave him a cushy job to keep him sedate and he's so lazy/detached he doesn't know he's being underpaid

Retards like to meme. The Wet Bandits specifically targeted the neighborhood because it was nothing but affluent families.

No it's more like $1200, which is still not enough to get you a house like that on a biweekly salary.

Attached: Screenshot 2022-06-11 at 10-43-44 Inflation Calculator Find US Dollar's Value from 1913-2022.png (672x486, 34.08K)

Adjust by episode air date.

I've done similar jobs without a college degree and could probably get a mortgage for a house if the work wasn't contract work, unfortunately most work like that nowadays is sourced via a third party recruitment company, so you could get let go at any moment because there's no big client or the season has changed and you're just not needed.
So you end up living on your savings for 3+ months until you get another contract job, wash, rinse, repeat, there's zero job security anymore, if I didn't put my savings into crypto in 2018-19 I'd probably still be stuck in that loop today.

homer I had a working class job, My address unemployed. That would definitely working class, and would realistically be living out of a trailer

What's the date? The later the date the smaller adjusted income.

>Middle class family just takes a vacation to Europe with 10 + people LMAO

They were clearly upper incomeThey were clearly upper income

If you were smart you'd go into "engineering" on a ship. Similar thing where you don't need a college degree, you just need to have graduated from a 1-2 year trade school type of thing. You end up working 180 days on 180 days off 12 hour days on container ships circling the globe making six figures to start.

Much Apu About Nothing
May 1996