Artemis

America is the gretest civilization of all time

Attached: artemis.jpg (1912x1078, 133.14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K5ovFY175zo
youtube.com/watch?v=69uT90tEJdE
youtube.com/watch?v=Ki_Af_o9Q9s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>nasa about to launch the most powerful rocket to ever fly since the Saturn V
>it will send a new and rather impressive space capsule to orbit the moon
>not even a single picture of the giant rocket or any kind of hype for it to be seen anywhere online

Sometimes I think NASA is intentionally bad at marketing. There's just no way a group that has that many intelligent people can be so fucking horrible at promoting their missions.

We are the greatest state in the modern world, whether that means it is the greatest state of all time is up for you to decide. Our civilization is not the greatest because our culture is trash.

>going back to moon just so you can soy about a gay jew black womyn going there

cringe

going to farm some Helium-3. whoever stablishes the first real bases for routine use on the Moon will have a lead on harvesting it and to use it as a springboard to mine asteroids.

also whoever masters in-space manufacturing of some very specific products is going to have a technological edge here on Earth. stuff like semiconductors can be made to higher specs in zero-G environments.

there's also a race to establish long range Earth sensors on the moon (to detect ballistic and hypersonic weapon launches).

What the fuck to you want to do on the moon
There's nothing to do there a robot can't do cheaper and safer

here is the most recent presser and preview of the mission if anyone is interested:

youtube.com/watch?v=K5ovFY175zo

>not even a single picture of the giant rocket or any kind of hype for it to be seen anywhere online
There are photos of the SLS but it's a dumb name.
The problem with NASA's marketing is too complex to tackle imho.
>NASA themselves make a point of sending a black and woman to the Moon, alienating people who just want them to focus on space
>An ever growing chunk of the population fall for conspiracy theories where NASA is the villain
>the shittiest kinds of people wear NASA shirts cause they're "trendy"

Attached: SLSArtemis1_on_39B2.jpg (2313x4114, 1.58M)

Elon Musk/SpaceX do a pretty good job at marketing so there must be something NASA can do.

There's been a few times they've done a really good job at promoting missions, but they are extremely inconsistent.

Look at these for example. I actually saw them include the JWST trailer at real theaters before movies came on and people loved it, so it's possible to get some kind of hype going.

youtube.com/watch?v=69uT90tEJdE

youtube.com/watch?v=Ki_Af_o9Q9s

Install weapons to control the world

I've got the impression that only people who already like Elon and space nerds give a shit about SpaceX.
Obviously I'm not from the US though so I don't know what the public perception there is.

It is bound to fail. There is no competitive motive like there was during the space race. So nobody gives a fuck other than reddit numales.

There is still competition but this time it's from China.
The Chinese want to send people to the moon in the next decade.

more people know about spacex rockets than the SLS. i don't think there's anyone i know who has heard of the SLS, but they have seen spacex rockets on the news or heard about it on podcasts.

also everyone knows what Tesla cars are so that ties into it.

There is a space race, but it's nearly all between American companies. And you know it's a race by how much lobbying and legal cases are flying around about control of certain technologies, such as space based internet.

There has been a heated legal battle between Amazon and SpaceX for years for example. Hundreds of millions of $ on that alone have been spent on that fight. So far SpaceX is winning.

>Sometimes I think NASA is intentionally bad at marketing.
They don't need marketing because they're not a for-profit company, they don't really sell anything.

Would you prefer youtube ads full of explosions, bright colors and a heavy metal cover of Rocket Man?

SLS will explode at launch and kill Artemis.

Testing technology for a mars mission

So? The same point apply to mars

Cause you don't get the same satisfaction as sending a man to another world, seems like a pretty good reason to me.

thats because they are going to blow up the rocket and blame it on china/russia

Jewmerica is worthless.

Attached: 1603146634397.jpg (2515x3353, 1.33M)

most likely they will send there black guy and tranny

Attached: 1649359761191.webm (1000x562, 2.84M)