I have never seen this film before. should i watch the theatrical or extended version?

i have never seen this film before. should i watch the theatrical or extended version?

Attached: fellowship.jpg (1024x1598, 445.99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qglEeUSqgu4
youtube.com/watch?v=ZgIr8F0Zf4I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Extended is more comfy which is what really matters in the end

There's no reason to watch the theatrical edition, really, unless you're making a YouTube video where you complain about the blue truck and the sticker on the apple.

Don't listen to the idiots who tell you "muh extended is the real way to experience the series". No it isn't. The theatrical editions are the ones that won the Oscar, after all. The extended editions have pacing issues. It's not worth wading through the unnecessary scenes just to get to the one or two scenes in there that are good. You should just watch the theatricals, which have superior pacing, and everything necessary for one to understand the film, and then watch individuals scenes of the extended material on youtube if you're interested in more.

Attached: 1646810282834.jpg (680x763, 33.41K)

this

cuts exists for a reason

>just to get to the one or two scenes in there that are good

Attached: 1641053908460.png (800x464, 312.87K)

The only extended editions scenes that matter are Galadriel giving gifts to the fellowship before they leave Lothlorien, Faramir's flashback about Boromir and Denethor, and Saruman's death. Cope.

As good as the EE is, i'd suggest watching the Theatrical first. Its quite a long movie so at least you get by the first time quicker instead of burning out the from the get go, then just add extra stuff with the EE

Boring movie about white men with homoerotic undertones, particularly with Frodo and Sam. Also Frodos performance is dreadful in these.

>is that...a car? driving through shire? ugh it ruins the realism of my fantasy movie!
>waow! a talking tree! YASSS! so realistic!

They actually cut a few scenes from the theatrical too. Like Gimli mentioning the walls of Moria when they arrive there

That's an alternate scene. The extended edition completely ruins the introduction to the Shire with Bilbo's monologue in the beginning. The theatrical edition's introduction is much better with Frodo reading a book in the woods.
youtube.com/watch?v=qglEeUSqgu4

Damn I posted the wrong video. This is the theatrical opening:
youtube.com/watch?v=ZgIr8F0Zf4I

>I read teh books
Extended
'
Incestuous industry circlejerk awards assigned by committee are irrelevant.

Just compare the two and you can see that the theatrical version is so much better while the extended version just drags on.

>homoerotic undertones, particularly with Frodo and Sam.
They're literally animals, who cares?

Don't watch it. It's labeled as "problematic" and "white supremist" by rotten tomatoe. Please wait for Amazon remake for current year racial standards.

In fact the extra minute with Bilbo is just as kino as the rest. I bet you watch cape shit you absolute pleb.

You forget that the extended version of that scene takes place after a 3 minute scene with Bilbo narrating additional stuff about the Shire that wasn't in the theatrical. So yeah, the pacing is extremely fucked. Theatrical>extended

FotR - extended
Two Towers - theatrical
RotK - theatrical

Thats how I roll

watch theatrical first and if you like it rewatch extended a year or so later