What are the best 70s & 80s horror films?

What are the best 70s & 80s horror films?

Attached: MV5BMWYyYjkxMDItZjc1MC00MmNmLThmOTYtNTE1Njk2YTYxYzMzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg (600x900, 147.79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tubitv.com/movies/282518/the-final-terror
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: Screenshot_20220507-065652_Chrome.jpg (720x1600, 487.62K)

> Alien
Strongly Great to Amazing

> Aliens
Very Good to Great

> Predator
Great

> Predator 2
Great

> Creature / Titan Find
Decent

> Galaxy of Terror
Good (it's most well known for the rape worm but it's extremely ambitious, has unique ideas & fantastic sets)

> Deep Space (88)
Good

> The Abyss
Great

> Deep Star Six
Good

> Leviathan
Good (would be very good but they refuse to show the FANTASTIC monster design barely at fucking all like god damn retards)

Actually been wanting to add more scifi horror to my watchlist since I've gotten around to watching Alien, thanks user

>> Leviathan
>Good (would be very good but they refuse to show the FANTASTIC monster design barely at fucking all like god damn retards)

Attached: Leviathan.jpg (1000x714, 128.07K)

Attached: MV5BMDFkN2MyOWMtYzY3Ni00ZGM1LThlNzQtZmYzNmQ4N2FlODlmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_SY500_CR0,0,708,500_AL_.jpg (708x500, 62.04K)

> The Final Terror
Acting was notably good. Like Just Before Dawn and Rituals (1977) it used it's deep forest setting to better effect then most F13th rip offs or even any of the F13 movies. In most F13's it always feels like a small town is just a ways down the road from the camp, in these 3 films it truly feels like the cast is out in the middle of nowhere, in Rituals especially they are absolutely fucked in terms of walking distance. The killer using natural camo to blend in to the forest was cool and the pic related Bloodrayne-ish blade on her arm is a great weapon idea. The cast fighting as a team near the end felt unique compared to the usual 1 lone survivor situation.

Attached: 1539257370484.jpg (1881x1471, 566.25K)

Here it is - tubitv.com/movies/282518/the-final-terror

Site is free & legal but has commercials.

The Thing, Alien and The Shining.
List ends there.
All the stupid faggy teenage slasher horror bullshit belongs in a trashcan next to disney marvel movies since they have about the same artistic merit. People who like evil dead and hellraiser series are genuinely

Nah slashers are great

Bunch of slashers...

> The Final Terror
Near Great

> Happy Hell Night (pic related)
Very Good (the killer is menacing as fuck at times but that is diminished a little by a few freddy style quips)

> Hell Night
Good

> My Bloody Valentine (80s)
Very Good
> My Bloody Valentine (09 remake)
Good to Very Good (fuck ton of nudity but the mine setting isn't used as well)
Both suffer from largely unlikable lead males.

> Rituals / The Creeper
Good to Very Good (creepy, great locations, very deliverance-lite)

> Madman
Good (great stylish lighting & a solid mature non virginal final girl: gaylen ross from dawn of the dead)

> Humongous
Good (very moody with the fog shrouded island setting, rips off a key moment from FridayPart2 hard)

> Just Before Dawn
Good to Very Good

> The Mutilator
Decent to Good (great kills, setting & nudity, very weak cast)

> The Burning
Weak (severely overrated, non menacing killer makeup, unlikable cast, only standout scene is the raft massacre)

> The Slumber Party Massacre
Good

> The Prey
Ok / Meh

> The Hitcher (80s original)
Very Good to Near Great

> The Hitcher (07)
Good

> Night School
Decent

> Edge of the Axe
Good

> Camping Del Terrore / Body count
Decent to Good

> The Slayer
Very Good (played with the nightmare killer concept 2 years before freddy, stormy island setting is cool)

> Superstition / The Witch
Good

Attached: 1587266978859.png (780x439, 1.53M)

Saw Tourist Trap again last week and it looks and feels like a typical Charles Band Full Moon movie. It hasn't aged well since the first view.

Suspiria
They Live
Hausu
New York Ripper
Hellraiser

Anybody know the name of the monster movie where they cut a dude out of the things stomach or something and half of his brain is already digested by the acid and he’s making all these retard sounds?

Deep Rising

The Beast Within?

That’s it, thanks

Call your boyfriend back

Famke Janssen in the elevator in her little red dress. Yes yes

>Superstition / The Witch
A while back I asked in a /hor/ thread if anyone had seen this, but no one had.
I'll check it out, it's got a god tier poster.

Attached: superstition.jpg (1842x2871, 1.96M)

My review
> Solid Supernatural slasher.
> Consistent brutal gory kills that verge on the outlandish but never get silly.
> Film isn't afraid to get mean spirited.
> The Witch villain is solid, her clawed silhouette makes for great visuals.
> Lead male is good & likable enough.
> Cops are actually competent and seem to actually care (they are perpetually vigilantly watching the house and new family and manage to find a hidden room)

Attached: Superstition-1982-Still-03.jpg (1920x1036, 182.65K)

Sounds good. That witch silhouette is super cool.