4:3 is the most kino aspect ratio and I'm tired of pretending it isn't. So fucking aesthetic

4:3 is the most kino aspect ratio and I'm tired of pretending it isn't. So fucking aesthetic.

Attached: KINO.jpg (2048x1152, 881.58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fsxU8zQjHBM
youtube.com/watch?v=9PE3KUOAxKk
youtube.com/watch?v=ReGqmIJT6gc
youtube.com/watch?v=hzzRKhCNEuE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1:1 chads have arrived

I agree

>4:3 is the most kino
yes. except when XXXX XXXXXX uses it, then it becomes dishonest filmmaking.

>XXXX XXXXXX
Who?

4:3 IMAX projected film is still the endgame of cinema. It's so good I feel like I'm seeing something I shouldn't be allowed to, like you've ascended a sacred mountain and looked into the realm where no mortals can look. All I can think is how it's still possible that only a few films a decade are shot like this.

anyone here watched interestellar at imax projection? how was it?

Don’t respond to bot posts

>t. parents couldnt afford HD until 2013
sorry you grew up poor user

CRT bros why do we keep winning?

Attached: image.png (1440x900, 1.08M)

brehs...

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1600x1395, 220.73K)

3:2 was the original aspect ratio of 35mm. Imagine how much kino was lost in the crop. Now that's a real travesty.

>It's so good I feel like I'm seeing something I shouldn't be allowed to, like you've ascended a sacred mountain and looked into the realm where no mortals can look.

Attached: Spider Man (2002) (35mm).webm (1920x1080, 2.35M)

That's super 35, not IMAX.

>didn't grow up with tube tv

Truly is something else. Also, thanks to these loud ass cameras we got CIA

Attached: 1654922856807.jpg (2000x1333, 293.21K)

You're right, I didn't read the entire post. Both are still kino tho.

Attached: 1617748626836.png (400x400, 349.87K)

course i did, but im rich and my parents could afford a 50 inch CRT with HD service probably a decade before you saw something in widescreen outside of $2 tuesday at your local bum infested kinoplex

snyder fags still seething

He's such a fucking autist with his ADR aversion. Think we could've had feature length IMAX movies for the last 15 years now, and the only sacrifice required was shitty Nolan dialogue which you can't hear anyway.

4:3 is an aspect ratio, not a resolution. I have 4k movies in 4:3

Woah, what the fuck? Why can I see more of the movie frame?

our eyes are horizontal, not square

because your whole life has been a lie.

Bros...

Attached: vhs vs blu-ray.jpg (1704x534, 290.64K)

What our eyes see at full resolution is centered in the middle of our field of vision. Are your pupils Elliptical?

Anyone has the comparison pic for the full matte version of Jurassic Park?

looks like a hog to me.

youtube.com/watch?v=fsxU8zQjHBM
youtube.com/watch?v=9PE3KUOAxKk

Attached: Jurassic.Park.1993.35mm.1080p.Cinema.DTS.Superwide.Open.Matte.v1.0.webm (676x380, 2.58M)

i have anamorphic eyes, faggot.

every one of those uncropped raws look so filmic and rich, and the "distribution" copy looks like a soap opera. they hate us.

Do you know what anamorphic means? Do you think it means wide screen? lmao imagine not knowing this and how anamorphic cameras and projectors were used to save shekels for studios. lmao this guy this anamorphic means wide screens lmao

youtube.com/watch?v=ReGqmIJT6gc
youtube.com/watch?v=hzzRKhCNEuE

Attached: 1647630327797.jpg (3756x3240, 3.84M)

CRT HD was like 480p. Maybe go suck you father off for candy money.

Elevated the film and squelched out all the minor quibbles one might have with the film while rewatching at home on a laptop or modern tv. I sat in the fifth row basically in the center or just to the left. Lincoln Square IMAX in NYC. The full scope sections felt like the floor opened up and my field of vision was just movie screen basically, but I wasn’t so close I had to crane my neck. Physically and aurally stimulating in a way it can’t be anywhere else. Wept pretty openly during the intense space faring scenes and father/daughter storyline, as did people sitting around me. It was hard to not have a physical reaction. It makes TDKR look like a dogshit castle. Bravo Nolan 4 real.

Jesus christ imagine being this retarded. Not the user you are responding to but i had to correct your zoomer bullshit. 480p is enhanced definition (EDTV). These were very rare and introduced input lag for standard definition sources aka 480i. There were widescreen HDTV CRTs capable of 720p and 1080i. Some even had HDMI input.