Why did it flop? Too many white people?

Why did it flop? Too many white people?

Attached: _124160096_4179_d029_00035_rc3.jpg (976x549, 86.34K)

Most people only go to movies that are pre-existing franchises they recognize. Movie making has become brand marketing.

Cinema is practically dead today other than capeshit and franchise movies so it's no wonder it flopped. Might as well start making our own kino at this point.

it wasn't very good

Explain or admit you didn't see it.

has nothing to do with white people

eggers really thought that this autist was a good idea for a lead. this charisma vacuum box office sperg.

get john cena or tatum as the lead, I bet the box office numbers would have been really fucking different.

Attached: 1640982569993.jpg (1360x2048, 648.34K)

it was terrible

It's a very uncomfortable movie. Good movie but tonally very grim and full of violence. Also, all the pagan rituals are probably too much for normies.

The dialogue was confusing

Attached: Screenshot_20220516-110320_VLC.jpg (2410x1080, 214.82K)

>White people acting like subhuman niggers
>Any Forums loves it

This movie was straight garbage through and through. A revenge tale with whites acting like deviants and savages was a stupid fucking premise.

>whites acting like deviants and savages
That's pagans for you.

It flopped because it was mid and people didn’t want to go watch boring Viking shit.

because it's fuckin dumb

I liked it.

Attached: 1652416686383.webm (1440x720, 958.27K)

The story was basically Hamlet. Also, is it really surprising vikings were violent people?

>The story was basically Hamlet.
Stop repeating nonsense. It's not true.

Attached: 1652666118071.jpg (2256x1126, 487.81K)

>Attack a settlement
>Sell adults to slavery
>Murder the children by trapping them in a hut and setting it on fire

Everything about this movie was shit. There weren't any good people and everyone was a piece of shit.

>flop

it had a soft opening weekend, but made between $70 and $80 million at the box office globally, plus it was #1 in VOD on itunes for a couple of weeks. add in bluray sales and it brobably just about broke even if the $90 million post-reshoot final budget tally is accurate

i didn't like it very much (i don't like eggers or a24 in general, but i got dragged to it) and it was probably dumb to give a niche period piece such a big budget, but it wasn't exactly a disastrous loss for the studio imo

It was a remake of the Lion King except Simba dies fighting Scar

>There weren't any good people and everyone was a piece of shit.

exactly. i need to know who to root for or i can't enjoy a piece of entertainment

The theatre culture is just different now. People only see a movie in the theatres if it is part of a big franchise blockbuster.
Everything else is relegated to streaming now.
It flopped not because it was terrible or anything, but just because the entertainment culture doesn't allow it to make money.

It's a fantasy film pretending it's not a fantasy film. Also, it not comfy or cozy at all. Also, it's too weird like with the father and son going into a cave to yiff and fart.

Pretty much. Otherwise you get a dogshit film with bad people doing bad things and the audience not giving a shit what happens.

Most of them had some redeemable qualities. Amleth was relatively merciful, Fjolnir was a decent father and even Kidman's character seemed to have been a decent wife and mother to Fjolnir and her younger son. The witch wasn't entirely unkind either as you could see in both her scene in the Slavic village and on the boat after the raid.

For what it was trying to do it felt oddly feeble.

>king comes back and everyone talks epic shit but the "village" he is ruling is like 5-6 huts
>raid on slavic village again feels small and cheap
>big revenge plot is infiltrating a farm and working there for n+1 days in squalor

His previous movies were very minimalistic and it worked for the stories they were trying to tell. But this felt like it needed a grander scope and stage.
The second part in particular is tedious since the story and the main character's drive loses all momentum.

I liked it too. I thought it was really well done.
Is there a name for this kind of genre? Epics?

>Also, it not comfy or cozy at all

exactly. i need movies to make me feel safe or i can't enjoy them.

Not entirely sure but Conan and Excalibur are quite similar.

You jest, but I don't wanna rewatch "epic" "heroic" films that make me feel like shit.

>king comes back and everyone talks epic shit but the "village" he is ruling is like 5-6 huts

you don't remember the guy telling amleth that harald fairhair ran fjolnir out of the orkneys and he was forced to become a shit-caked farmer in backwater iceland?

I'm talking about the inital scene of Ethan "coming back" and ruling over a shithole village.

don't call me shirley. im agreeing with you

it's probably a good thing in the long run. shouldn't have spend so much money. bet he could do it with a tenth of the budget if he had been given only that, and the movie would have been a major hit instead of a major flop.

I want him to be the lead in my film.

Top Gun 2 is the #1 movie in the world right now and is nearly entirely White people.