The Racial Equality Proposal (Japanese: 人種的差別撤廃提案, Hepburn: Jinshutekisabetsu teppai teian, lit...

>The Racial Equality Proposal (Japanese: 人種的差別撤廃提案, Hepburn: Jinshutekisabetsu teppai teian, lit. "Proposal to abolish racial discrimination") was an amendment to the Treaty of Versailles that was considered at the 1919 Paris Peace Conference. Proposed by Japan, it was never intended to have any universal implications, but one was attached to it anyway, which caused its controversy.[1] Japanese Foreign Minister Uchida Kōsai stated in June 1919 that the proposal was intended not to demand the racial equality of all coloured peoples but only that of members of the League of Nations.[1]
>Though it was broadly supported, the proposal did not become part of the treaty, largely because of opposition by the United States and the dominions of the British Empire Delegation, namely Australia and New Zealand.[2] Its rejection was one cause of Japan's alienation from the other great powers and helped rationalise its increased nationalism and militarism domestically that would lead up to World War II.
wtf bros...have westoids apologized for this??

Attached: 1629135107334.png (612x408, 269.63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shimonoseki_campaign
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_orphans_in_China
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_color-coded_war_plans
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So if Japs are left out by its peers, it will become weebs and chimp out from time to time.

America's fault for pressuring us into breaking the Anglo-Japanese alliance after WW1.

I think it is all Japan's fault because Japan lost.
That is what war is all about
So there is no need for Western apologies

However, I am very uncomfortable with the West accusing the Japanese of being racist in this day and age
100 years late

Every time I read about some JUSTed moment in history, it always leads back to Americans. Why do they do this?

You are a racist. You may not know it yourself, but you are. Time to accept it

Yeah we never remember this and Shimonoseki-War in 1864, which is the war all western empires but German empire declared war against Japan for colonization. We denied westernization and successfully destroyed all the invaders anyway.

Nobody likes it when they get bullied.
But they all grow up to become bullies.

You think so
But, I don't hear many claims from your countries that the Japanese are racist, so I don't mind
Ivan

>successfully destroyed all the invaders anyway
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shimonoseki_campaign
Am I looking at the wrong thing here?

>apanese Foreign Minister Uchida Kōsai stated in June 1919 that the proposal was intended not to demand the racial equality of all coloured peoples but only that of members of the League of Nations
Lie. Japan wanted to take over Asia because they viewed themselves as the superior race.

Japan loves lying and we loved painting the beaches red. Don't try to push the people that gave you everything around

>Japanese of being racist
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_orphans_in_China
>In 1980, the orphans began returning to Japan, but they faced discrimination due to their lack of Japanese language skills and encountered difficulties in maintaining steady employment
Let's not talk about other ethnicities first jappy

Japan is a wildly racist country. White have it okay, but black people, South East Asians, Chinese, Koreans, Brazilians all experience a lot of racism in Japan.

Even I, a mostly white looking dude got stopped by police 8 times in one year. Every time, they checked my visa, searched me for drugs and checked if my bike was stolen. One time I asked them to get a warrent if they wanted to search me, they got angry "Only criminals need ask for a warrent, warrents only exist to protect criminals!" Racist pigs.

I think some countries should stay racist
others like usa/australia/canada/singapore/malaysia i.e. new worlds/colonies can be dedicated mutt farms

It's sequence of affairs from 1862 to 1864
I don't believe what English Wikipedia says about Japanese history anyway. They literally make articles about history shit out of vidya game as the first source.

>I think some countries should stay racist
Why?

>I'm white so I've never experienced racism... but in Japan... It's... JAPAN!!!
kek, it's just live-show shitcom comedy. when foreigners complain about racism in Japan, it's always white.

Attached: large010.jpg (500x500, 52.16K)

but racism is good

I appreciate travelling to different countries to experience wildly different cultures
do you not see the value in that? rather than everywhere being a london copypaste

And? There are plenty of stories on non-whites being treated way worse.

Have YOU even been searched for drugs, Eito? Have you ever been searched for drugs 8 times in one year?

It's not normal.

The US also had plans for a war with the Anglo-Japanese alliance.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_color-coded_war_plans

>And? There are plenty of stories on non-whites being treated way worse.

And? They still don't complain about Japan because they are treated far worse in western nations.

They complain about it all the time, you just don't listen and the Japanese media doesn't want to hear it. The only foreigners they want to hear from are weebs losing their shit over kurazushi or how clean the streets are

> a mostly white looking dude
>stopped by police 8 times in one year.
Post hands because you're lying.

This is me after 3 weeks in the south of France

I'm Scottish, but I have dark hair and a beard so I've had people think I was Turkish or Brazilian before.

Attached: 20220815_113623.jpg (4000x3000, 2.76M)

>Even I, a mostly white looking dude

sad news for you Paki. Ok, I have to admit that we are racist against Paki. There is reasons though, they are too notorious for drug dealing and car theft even they are relatively small number immigrants.

In my country Japanese are notorious for eating dogs and murdering prisoners of war. Is it okay to be racist because of that?

I was in Nagoya, so I'm pretty certain they just assumed I was Brazilian.

did they break the law howthoughever?

yes

Where Scotland are you from? I once went drink together with a Scottish guy. He was 21 years old but already balding, he was from Perth and surprised everything in Tokyo because he never went out from his tiny village.

Who cares? Japanese law is batshit. Once they arrest you, they can hold you for as long as they like. They basically torture you, interrogations at 4am in the cells, no lawyer, no interpreter. They just wear you down until you confess to whatever they think you did.

What part of being stopped by a police officer and having your ID checked is racism?
You're not the only one special.
I've been stopped many times myself.

So, how many incidents of people being beaten up, killed or raped in Japan because they are Asian or Muslim?
Of course there are, but compared to the UK, it's next to nothing.

Dundee, down the river from Perth. Kinda boring, but it's getting better.

agreed. idk why they have to act like dicks.

japs only see two races
japanese and non-japanese
japan and japanese are superior
non-japanese are just there, we exist but we are lower lifeforms no matter what

>This is me after 3 weeks in the south of France
It's genuinely funny you insert a cope in every posts you make.

>What part of being stopped by a police officer and having your ID checked is racism?

The part where they did it 8 times in one year. They also didn't just check my ID, they were checking my visa, they patted me down for drugs, and they checked if my bike was reported stolen.

They're bored, suburban police with nothing better to do, so every time they see a foreigner they think "He has drugs, a stolen bike, and an overdue visa. Let's check." That's rascist. And that's the Japanese police at their least racist.