How was this so good when everything...

How was this so good when everything, and I do mean EVERYTHING else that Disney has done with Star Wars has been utter garbage? The difference in quality is so striking that it almost feels like everything else was some kind of intentional effort to devalue the brand. What went so very right and why can't they seem to do it again?

Attached: mandalorian.jpg (1280x1191, 461.04K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/62x19Bepc5s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It wasn't directed by a woman.

They needed the bait to taste good at first so you would subscribe to Disney+.

it was unwatchable garbage

The Music +The heroes journey.

What these Disney fags don't get is that men are seeking meaning. They want to be inspired and women want inspired men.

It seems like they could have done that by having at least 1 of their 5 Star Wars movies be good.

it was made by actual Star Wars fans instead of diversity hires or boardrooms

Low bar?

It really wasn't good though. It was the most sterile and safe SW play they could make and it got meme'd into oblivion because of the baby yoda

>JUST

Attached: boba fatt.jpg (1536x864, 123.94K)

Favreau > Chow

>Safe

Nigga they're bringing back the Vong as the big bads of the era.

youtu.be/62x19Bepc5s

He looks cool there. He also got fit again.

Attached: booba.png (946x585, 479.34K)

they based it on the inspo that made star wars. george lucas really loved kurosawa.

For some reason a lot of these streaming service hire absolute complete nobodies to write for them and it's often a different person each episode so the tone is all over the place while almost every episode of Mando was written by Jon Favreau. He's not exactly Shakespeare, but he's got years of experience making movies and clearly had a singular vision.

Jon Favreau is actually a creative man with good imaginative talents. He also is a fan of Star Wars.

Everyone else they've hired are not creative nor are they fans of Star Wars.

Attached: reva vs snowspeeder.webm (600x338, 1.48M)

different teams I guess
all A tier writers/directors were on mandalorian
now when we see them isolated on their own series
rodriguez with boba fatt, deborah chow with obi wan
we can see their flaws

I will give mando s3 ONE chance
but I wont give any other disneyshit any of my time

Because it was, in its first season, an individual story that wasn't micromanaged by the disney execs and Kathleen Kennedy so Jon Favreau had a lot more control. Once it got super popular, it was pretty much over by the second season and beyond.

Attached: 1538417173184.jpg (650x859, 86.68K)

I've never watched this show other than a few clips on Any Forums, but why the FUCK is the camera shaking so much? Seriously, it reminds me of Breaking Bad with its nauseating camera movement in the first few seasons.

Attached: 1609003582426.png (798x644, 145K)

too lazy to put down dolly track