Severance

I only watched this because I was under the illusion that it was based off a Phillip K. Dick story.

Holy fuck, what a masterpiece. A shining gem among roughs like Tales From The Loop or Raised By Wolves (not to mention turds like nutrek and nuwho). Tv ain’t dead.

Attached: E5D354DA-4BD9-4156-810A-617A57865B97.png (1800x900, 1.62M)

Raised by Wolves was better. You type like a sperg.

RBW should have just been the pilot episode, everything else felt simultaneously poised and meandering. Still a decent show, but it eased up on the interesting scifi in favour of the mythological angle.

Dunno how the hell they’re gonna follow up that finale. You can’t just go back to the office setting.

i thought it was going to be a fairly typical corporate environment stuff and the severance means the package after getting sacked

Have you never watched a TV show before in your life?

It'll shift pretty drastically when they're down in the office and only get two more seasons. That's how you do it properly

Sadly, I have

Yeah, I’m guessing it gets *rough*

The hairs on my neck after the last sentence. They fucked with us so hard at that party scene, I'm just happy everything I wanted to get said got said.

Also holy shit what is even the point of what Irving is trying to do

>what is even the point of what Irving is trying to do
Have sex, excess

Captcha: kms 4 a

Attached: 22F2C57F-9106-4528-BCA8-CA009539A26E.jpg (461x120, 33.85K)

I agree. It’s fucking amazing. I also recommend “The Man who Fell to Earth.”

Finale was really interesting but I feel that it is easier to set up a mystery box than it is to explain and conclude one.
I also would have focused more on the other 3 outies if I had been in charge of the season. I get that the reveal of Hillie is great and adds to the finale, but I was really hoping that there would be an episode about midway through the season where it's revealed that Irving is a struggling alcoholic or something similar on the outside and make a tragic contrast between his innie and outie life.
I also wish they would cut out the fag shit but it's not frequent enough to really dissuade me from watching.

I was bored trying to keep attention through episode 1 and 2 but it really got going. I haven’t experienced a fun mystery like that in a bit.

after the conclusion, there's no way the chick would ever go back to the severed floor

prove he was born that way and it's not some mental illness

I feel like there’s two ways you could have told this story. First is like they did, cutting back and forth between the office and, hah, “real life”.

But the other way would split the show in half: first four episodes would focus on the innies, and would be more lighthearted while seeding lots of plot points. Then with a classic “anime mid-season tone shift”, you’d start back at the beginning, this time viewing it from the outside perspective. Things would be much darker, and you’d start to draw the dots between stuff that happened in the office with the stuff irl. Finally you’d mesh them together in the end episode.

Might introduce some pacing issues, but I think it could be managed if you stacked the mystery boxes in the first half and then paid them off in the second, instead of quick-fire setups and payoffs (which, to be fair, they pull off really well).

I can't tell if you're all shills or if this show is actually good

Yeah but honestly the moment that my outie said I wasn't a real person I would have tried to kill myself and not simply stopped because the first attempt failed.
On that note, I also would NOT have returned to work ever after almost getting murdered by my innie. It makes a little more sense after the finale but I still wouldn't have risked it no matter how important it was to my big master plan. I'm a rich spoiled fuck anyway.

what ends up happening and is there some big reveal at the end of the season?
i watched about 5 eps but now i dont want to watch anymore

apple tv is garbage
pirate it

The show isn’t good. I think it’s good. Learn the difference.

This show sounds extremely reddit, like all the other 'prestige TV' things shilled on here (e.g. Squid Game)

heh, that's a given

>what ends up happening
it is revealed that there is a switch that can switch the severed inside personality on even when they aren't in the office. The office workers learn about this and stage an 'escape' of sorts
>is there some big reveal
Mark's wife is the asian wellness counsellor and is [obviously] not dead. Also Hillie is the daughter of the family that built the company and is worshipped like gods.

>>gay faggots in this
I'm not allowed to watch kike propaganda so I was severely disappointed when the homofaggots got the gay feels for each other

heh neat i guess thanks

Literally no one considers Squid Game to be 'prestige TV'.
The Terror and Chernobyl are closer to what you are describing. Possibly True Detective as well.

Helly’s big reveal makes some of the stuff make sense (like why they get given so much special treatment)

You're welcome.

What are the theories on why boss lady is rooting for Mark to remember his wife? Obviously something to do with her own husband, who “died”.

Are they reanimating corpses with the lumon tech?

Is the wife severed? Is she permanently down there?

>Show is explicitly pro worker's rights and anti capitalist
>user says the show is pozzed because of a cool gay guy
You're an actual retard. Imagine complaining about Irv and Burt lol lmao

Attached: 1654917869021.jpg (969x1201, 72.94K)

>"poised"
To do what?

People who don't appreciate the richness of RBW's premise, let alone anyone who has watched the entire first season and thought it was unrealized or uninteresting, cannot be considered human beings ensouled with the spirit of Allah.

They are akin to livestock, pets, or beasts of burden; corporealized merely for use by the worshipful, according entirely to the testament of the prophet, PBUH.

we don't know.
she got moved to a different floor near the end of the season. we're not told anything about why she is severed or why everyone thinks she's dead.

They didnt need to be gay. but at least they got two great actors for the roles