Rosebud was a sled had as a child

Rosebud was a sled had as a child.

Attached: Citizen_Kane_poster,_1941_(Style_B,_unrestored).jpg (2117x3181, 1.54M)

Actually, Rosebud referred to the butthole of some chick he smashed.

No, Rosebud was the name of that bird in that one scene.

Thanks, you just saved me two boobless hours

Spoiler that shit asshole

Bro thanks for the spoiler I was finally gonna watch this tonight.

Rosebud was the name of the cane he used as an old man. Hence the title, Citizen Cane.

I kekked

Rosebud is a red herring to filter pseuds. It never actually mattered, the movie wasn't about learning who or what Rosebud was. The movie was about learning who Kane was.

How is that not obvious? You earnestly have to be retarded if you really think learning what Rosebud meant was the point of the movie.

It wasn't the point of the movie, just an inside joke about Hearst's mistress. He nicknamed her cunny "Rosebud."

Well no shit. That's exactly why the in-movie characters never actually learn what rosebud is

rosebud was the codename his dealer used for cannabis

NOOOOOOOOO YOU SPOILED THIS SHITTY BORING MOVIE FOR ME NOW IT'S RUINED

Attached: 1634492685726.png (339x291, 75.18K)

Thank you for explaining something everyone knows.

You’re a giant retard. Learning what Rosebud is matters a lot because it defines Kane as a person. The man who owned the world, who almost became president, who had more money than anyone could spend and his last thought was of Rosebud. You dipshit.

you actual imbecile. a man's dying thoughts do not characterize the nature of his soul. The life Kane lived defines Kane as a person.

tell that to christians who think you can repent on your death bed.

did I not just?

The entire thread is filled with low level humanoids whereas I come from a higher realm here to bless you with my insights.

Rosebud isn't an end point unto itself but to bookend to both Kane's life and the story that Welles told. Kane's life was built for him, he was thrust into the life of a great man in many ways against his own will. So we, outside observers may condemn his actions, see them as detestible and grow to resent the man and yet simultaneously have sympathy for how he got there. And we, the audience, have come full circle along with Kane.

A masterpiece of your species.

Retard. The movie, once you know what rosebud is, changes as you realize that he never changed from the little boy who just wanted to have fun and be loved by his unusually cold mother. His thoughts never actually strayed from there. His personality and being were rooted in his hatred for the rich man who bought him and took him from home. Every action he took he took only as a reflection of that boy who died that snowy day or to spite the old man who wanted him to enhance the wealth bestowed upon him.

>changes as you realize that he never changed from the little boy
You must actually be an imbecile. In his dying moments he was that little boy. But during the rest of his life? Do you think he was dreaming about Rosebud for his entire life through all of it? "he never changed" ....

He didn’t dipshit. He never had sex with the girl he wanted to be a singer, he just loved her because she reflected hope and aspiration that shied away from doubt. He fired Jebediah out of a childish resentment for being able to admit the one thing Kane couldn’t. He wanted to be president to prove that he didn’t need to be a banker to be beloved and great despite the investors ideas. He bought out the newspaper to spite those same men. He even said he tried to spend all the money he had but couldn’t. Not a single person interviewed hated Kane, they couldn’t because he still held a childish innocence. You’re clearly a jaded stunted man child who cannot appreciate other people. Go fuck yourself.