But a mouse already knows how to drink how do we know the imported the memory

>but a mouse already knows how to drink how do we know the imported the memory
>*kaku runs around the questions and doesn't answer it*

How is this guy a genius? Even Joe showed he had a better grasp of topics and corrected him a couple times.

Attached: ab6765630000ba8a95165498876454800d1505fd[1].jpg (640x640, 90.69K)

Nobody ever claimed pop scientists are geniuses. Neil Degrasse has a 110 IQ

>How is this guy a genius?
he's not, he's just a random physicist

a guy with a PHD in physics and some idiot with a youtube radio talk show correcting him yeah maybe on one or two things about society today but on a field he's been a professional in for more that 50 years, somehow I think you're talking out of your ass.

i hate michio with a passion

Can anyone actually answer that?

>mouse drinks water
>take that mouse's memory and implants it in another mouse
>that mouse also drinks water

How is this proof of memories being implanted?

He quoted that study where the rat kept pulling the pleasure switch lieu of eating and died. There were a ton of flaws that study that makes it useless.

I miss Jim Norton talking about running into him in the elevator of the building they both lived in and him completely ignoring the aging tryhard.

wtf the physicist doesn't know about biology???

>aging tryhard
Applies to both desu, least Norton gets a chuckle occasionally Kaku is just a hack with a name resembling dog shit

Norton is an unfunny, ugly, bald "comedian"

Kaku is a renowned astrophysicist and has an impact on human history.

He's only a genius when it comes to an extremely specific field that could very well just be bollocks.

pop scientist moment

Attached: science-man-predictibly-cringe.jpg (460x301, 22.94K)

It's not memory, it's instinct. Memory is generated by experience. Instinct is natural programming that everything has at birth. Human babies born during water births naturally hold their breath underwater and start trying to swim to the surface. They will also suckle on nipples. It's all due to instinct, genetic programming, or whatever you want to call it, but it's not memory.

Yeah I'm not bagging him out but while Neil comes across as someone who is really passionate about all these things when he goes on a tirade he sounds like a dumbass. Like not so much an expert on anything but more like he's just reciting what he's seen in a youtube video like some "smart guy" at a party who doesn't really grasp anything.

Lol after all the dick sucking they have kaku on O&A

pop scientists appeal to the midwit, the IFLS crowd. they aren't supposed to be genius

man fuck Bill Nye

>has an impact on human history.
Like what boring us with his Horseshit and bad accent? What "impactful" studies or papers has he published?

I read one of his books and it was one of the worst "science" books I've ever read. 200 pages of reddit-tier "what ifs"

>bro in the future we could like totally have wormholes that take us to other galaxies
>there are actually more galaxies than there are atoms in every grain of sand on earth bro
>bro did I mention we'll be able to time travel??

im so glad were living to see these aging pop sci atheist losers finally show how pedantic and petulant they always were. they are THAT KID you knew it school whose entire identity was getting good grades.

Right, but Kaku kept using this as evidence that memories can be transferred

Man Neil said we should store shit in balls because they have a better surface area that dudes retarded I want to watch him push a 200 lb ball up the stairs

same. i read one of sam harris' atheist books and its really poorly written

they are little brown nosing teachers pets deep down, aren't they?

so he mentions one study that's not been completely proven theory yet, so that must mean he's a fucking hack and doesn't know what the fuck he's on about with the entire field he's a fucking professor in, you know this is science and it takes more than a fucking weekend to get it right.

In fairness that's the only way you can have a best selling book about physics. Normies won't understand a book that's heavy on obscure physics topics.

He also said if a helicopter's engine cuts out it will fall like a brick. The guy is retarded.

>we should store shit in balls
Insanity, everyone know pee is stored in the balls.

It's the memory of maze that leads to water. Remember neurology is probably the least understood field of science and pretty much all of it rests on statistics. So say a 100 rats got the transplant and maybe a significant portion of them improved their time enough for them to say "hey maybe it actually worked".
I haven't seen the episode but I'm assuming this is a case of Michio just mentioning a thing he has no expertise on and Joe gets caught on a retarded detail as is his usual approach. Do keep in mind Joe has absolutely no understanding on scientific processes and he definitely has negative understanding of psychology and neurology.

The problem with every "scientist" that decides to become a TV personality is that they think expertise in one field equates to expertise in any field, and that's just not accurate. Black science man and Bill Nye are the epitome of this issue.

Attached: NDT.jpg (726x625, 146.29K)

Then these pop culture scientists are brought in as "experts" and quoted in news items and used for politicians to blind with science and appeal to authority. These types are useful because they are so stupid.