I'm unironically considering going full Dutchaboo: learning the language...

I'm unironically considering going full Dutchaboo: learning the language, gaining huge knowledge of their history and society, and traveling there many times a year. I love the Netherlands and I think going all in into it and making it a passion will make me happier. What do you guys think?

Attached: Boerderij_Olieslager_Twickel_voor-min.jpg (3888x2592, 1.66M)

>I'm unironically considering going full Dutchaboo

I already became one a few years ago and it was best decision in my life, now every time im sad or bored it's enough to launch google street view and walk around impeccable Dutch neighborhoods to make me feel happy

I love that the Netherlands is very walkable. They also have great public transport and bike lanes and great brothels.

come visit our country :)
it doesn't snow here often, but when it does it is magical

Attached: 1655096320264.png (870x1160, 1.45M)

>come visit our country :)

no, i will never pollute holy Dutchland with my presence

but like have you learned the language? have you spent time there? have you done anything else beyond Street View?

After I get the B2 in German (I'm very close to that) I'm thinking about going full Dutchaboo and learning the language and history and shit as I said. And visiting every summer, going on bike routes through there, meeting locals, etc.

But the language is kind of ugly and everyone can speak perfect English, so maybe it will be very hard to find Dutch people to practice?

why the netherlands and not germany if you've already put that much effort into the language?

There are many other Polish people in the Netherlands, it's not like you're going to make it worse
Nah, you just have to be persistent. When waiters switch to English - which they do out of courtesy! - you just keep talking in Dutch. Also, there are communities online that can help you with practicing Dutch.

Attached: 1641348198783.png (820x1160, 1.6M)

of course not, im an armchair Netherlands worshipper

Yes, whatever.

yes, maybe you are right... It's just that I see no appeal at all to Germany...Germany to me is bland and boring. I only study German bc I studied doing it in high school and I artistically set myself this goal of reaching B2 bc I like learning languages and it's good for my CV

But maybe there is some Land of Germany or some other German-speaking country like Austria and Switzerland that can give me the same sovlful experience that the Netherlands offers me

urbanite kankeraaps

don't use that word!

*kankerapen

So if I become a Dutchaboo I will also be received with love in Flanders, right?

belgians will dislike your accent

of course, we are kind to everyone except moroccan criminal scum

not really, if it's a foreigner who clearly is putting effort in it you're not going to get any hate
but yeah we make fun of the dutch accent all the time, but i goes both ways right?

do Flemish and Dutch, how can I phrase it.... feel part of the same nation? or at least, do they feel like they belong to the same ethnolinguistic group?

ehm it's hard to explain but dutch people feel linguisicly the same, but outside of that we see each other as a different country in the same way the UK and the US see each other as different people (while the differences between the Dutch and Belgians are less of course)

Pirate this book, it's a masterpiece of historical writing

Attached: 1658947853110.jpg (333x500, 43.64K)