Underrated kino

Underrated kino

Attached: 18376029.jpg (600x800, 71.17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/iE-w5ZZjoZ8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i'm gonna post every De Niro line in this movie. Don't ask why

>how are my little babies this morning? You miss me? You doin' good? Huh? Huh? You see, Sykes, it's a fish-eat-fish world. You either take or get taken
>now, you and me, we worked together a long, long, long time
>let me finish. And you know... Let me finish! ...that i've lived my life for my sons, raising them and protecting them... teaching them
>Sykes. It's all been to prepare... to prepare them... Yeah, it's all right... for the day they run the reef. Well, today is that day
>Luca
>oy vey! Long story short, from now on, yous work for Frankie and Lenny. Capisce?
>dead serious. It takes more than muscle to run things. Now Lenny, he's got the brains. That's somethin' special
>what's that supposed to mean?
>hey! I bring you in here, look you in the eye, tell you what's what, and what?
>what what?
>i didn't say "what" first. I asked you "what"?
>no, i said "what what?" like what what?
>now you're makin' fun of me?!
>my Lenny is a killer. You hear me? A cold-blooded killer. Look at him
>that's it. That's it! You are out!
>you're fired!
>and on top of that, you're gonna have to start payin' me!
>so that nothing happens to that little Whale Wash of yours

>movies reddit loves because it's a shit movie but memes or something haha funny

>what do you mean you don't understand? What's there to understand? We've been over this a thousand times. I don't want to have to say it again. You know, you're really giving me agita, you know that? I don't know how else to say this to you, Lenny. You see something, you kill it, you eat it. Period. Thanks. That's what sharks do. That's a fine tradition. What's the matter with you? Your brother Frankie here, he's a killer
>he's beautiful. He does what he's supposed to do. Wipe your face. But you... I'm hearing things. You... you gotta understand when you look weak, it makes me look weak. I can't have that
>Lenny, Lenny, look at me. Look at me. This handing over the business is for you. It's for both of yous. And you're acting like you don't even want it. I need to know that you can handle that... all right, all right. Right here, in front of me now, eat this
>i'm not asking you anymore. I'm telling ya. Eat it
>eat
>son, eat the shrimp!
>eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat
>no. No. We're gonna do this as a family. Frankie, i want you to take Lenny out, show him the ropes
>son, you're gonna learn how to be a shark, whether you like it or not

Soul Tale
Remember seeing this at the cinema with my grandma and she walked out halfway through. I found her in the lobby and she pretended she thought it had already ended. Pretty sure she went to watch Team America instead.

>thank you for your kind thoughts, Guiseppe
>oh, Lenny
>i said some things to him. We gotta find him
>what's wrong with that kid? Why he's gotta be so different? Frankie, god rest his soul, he was perfect. Perfect! Oh, Luca. Who could've done this?
>thank you, Don Feinberg, for honoring my son with your song
>let's, uh... yeah, let's talk over here
>Ira, over here
>where do i find him?
>thank you. Thank you
>Luca
>get Sykes. He knows that reef better than anybody. I wanna find this guy. I wanna know everything about him. I wanna know where he lives. I wanna know where he sleeps. He pops a gill, i wanna know about it. Who is this Sharkslayer?

>"shut up"? "shut up"? You don't tell me, "shut up". I tell you, "shut up"! What? Hello?
>Luca!
>get off the phone!
>my guys are coming for you, Sharkslayer. They're gonna tear you FIN FROM FIN!

>le heckin based unconventional granny!!!

>that would be me. So, this is the Sharkslayer. I've been looking forward to meeting you. I feel like we're practically family. You know that? Funny, ain't it? I brought my kids into the world full of love and care, and you took' em out. You know who i am? Do you know who i am?! I'm the Don, the boss of the great white sharks
>i've been running this reef since before you was born. If you thought a guy like me can't get to a guy like you, guess what? You thought wrong
>your shark slaying days are over, and there ain't nothing you can do about it
>huh? What's so funny?
>Lenny?
>is that you? You're alive? I thought i lost you. What are you wearing? Huh? What is that?
>are you kidding me? Are you kidding me? Are you out of your mind? Do you have any idea how this looks?
>what are you doing with this guy? He took out your own flesh and blood, Frankie
>but nothing. You never take sides against the family. Ever!
>what did i ever do to you?! You took Frankie away, and you turned Lenny into a dolphin! I'm gonna get you!
>you're gonna regret the day you became the Sharkslayer!
>huh?
>you're mine now
>let's finish this, Sharkslayer
>look what you did to him
>what?
>well, if... if that was true, why did you run away?
>will you get me out of this? So i can hug my kid and tell him i'm sorry
>come here, you. I love you, son, no matter what you eat or how you dress
>yeah. We're cool
>i'm snapping it. I'm snapping it
>yo?
>what's up with what?
>hey, you say "yo" one more time, and i'm gonna yo you

that's every De Niro line. If anything, he had more dialogue than John Lithgow did in Shrek

one of Peter Falk's very last roles. He died in 2011 and this premiered in 2004
youtu.be/iE-w5ZZjoZ8

>directed by Bibo Bergeron, Vicky Jenson and Rob Letterman
>produced by Bill Damaschke, Janet Healy and Allison Lyon Segan
3 directors and 3 producers. That's rare for an animation film

this was the better of the 2004 Dreamworks films imo. Shrek 2 is hideously overrated

>animated film with repulsive art style
>stamp-sized pictures of the characters
>celebrity names dominate the space

whoever made this poster deserves a medal

>voice cast : Will Smith, Renee Zellweger, Jack Black, Robert de Niro, Martin Scorsese, Angelina Jolie, Ziggy Marley, Doug E. Doug, Michael Imperioli, Vincent Pastore, Katie Couric, Peter Falk

>original songs/covers : Christina Aguilera, Missy Elliott, Sean Paul, The Pussycat Dolls, Ludacris, Bobby V, Lil' Fate, Mary J. Blige, JoJo, Timbaland, Justin Timberlake, Avant, Cheryl Lynn, D12

>licensed songs : Sir Mix-A-Lot, Kool & the Gang, The Five Stairsteps, Benny Hill theme, Elvis Presley, India Arie, Four Tops

>characters briefly sing The Jeffersons theme, Wind Beneath My Wings, Whoomp! (There It Is), In Da Club, and U Can't Touch This

>brand parodies : Coral Cola, Fish King, GUP, Newsreef, Kelpy Kreme, Old Wavy, WATER, FQ

>old school mafia, loan shark, gold digger, protection money, horse race gambling, trunk shot, torture, on-screen death and corpse, karaoke funeral, graffiti spraying, endorsement deals, kidnapping, ghetto, racial stereotypes (italian, rastafarian), crossdressing, gay coded character, PlayStation brand is mentioned, parody poster of The Ring, pop culture references to R rated films (The Godfather, Scarface, Goodfellas, The Untouchables, Gladiator, Jerry Maguire, Apocalypse Now), etc
this movie was something else

Thanks user

Scorsese fish

Attached: 21.jpg (1480x1432, 287.99K)

Scorsese dog

Attached: dnaxfonyero51.jpg (490x301, 21.51K)

Scorsese bird

Attached: Red_Bird_%28The_Angry_Birds_Movie%29.png (440x600, 77.11K)

>owner of a 25 years old Whale Wash
>loan shark
>ties with the shark mafia
>jellyfish enforcers
>gambles on horse races and has a VIP seat
>displays fine musical taste
>funny personality and geniunely likes Oscar (who sees him as a father figure)
he is great

>Oscar's dad passed away, so he sees his boss Sykes as a father figure
>Oscar's dad worked at the Whale Wash for 25 years and was one of the best employees, so Sykes has a soft spot for his only son (who is following his father's footsteps by also working there)
i love their relationship