Mommy mummy movie came out 5 years ago today

why was this hated so much? its not much different than for example aquaman which made 1b at the box office despite being cgi shit

Attached: 1654820548045.jpg (1269x804, 182.97K)

>monster horror cinematic universe
capeshit has done more damage to the industry than you can imagine

>why was this hated so much?
Source?
I don't remember it being hated.

Overproduced, making it generic and forgettable.

Monsters had original universe long before capeshit, in 1940s.
The movie was slammed with bad reviews where they cried over setting up monsters universe so much they basically ignored all impressive efforts Cruise and his team put into this.

How was it overproduced? I think they kept it very natural. They also opted for more practical approach over CGI.

>why was this hated so much?
Leaned way too much into the capeshittery. Even the Brendan Fraser version is miles better since it at least embraces some of the horror aspects and mixed it with some Indiana Jones-esque action kino.
Of course the 1932 version will always be the best.

on Any Forums it wasnt hated at all, even though it should be. All you stupid mummy gf posters is all I remember about this movie discussion on Any Forums.

Meanwhile the movie itself was almost entirely garbage. The threat was meaningless, she was practically locked up instantly. Never was there any danger to anyone. Afaik she killed a few homeless people in an alley. That's literally it.
The old mummy was going to end the entire world. This mummy just wanted her boyfriend back right? I dont even remember because of how utterly shit this plot was.

No Benny

Attached: BeniCamel[1].jpg (400x452, 116.39K)

>Leaned way too much into the capeshittery
Dracula Untold had the same problem. It was pretty obvious that their plan was to do Gothic Avengers and make them generic good guys with superpowers.

Disney hit piece on another potential universe and cruise
Bruisers BTFO this week

>This mummy just wanted her boyfriend back right?
Yes because they wanted to go back to the roots of Mummy fiction genre. The movie is based on two particular novels such as "The Jewel of Seven Stars" and °She" which focus on resurrection of ancient queen coming to victorian London or looking for her long lost lover. There was never actual world threatening danger.

This is synopsis of She. You can clearly see how Tom and his friend are based on same characters and Ahmanet isn't turning into dust but the rest is close enough.
"She, in full She: A History of Adventure, romantic novel by H. Rider Haggard, published in 1887, about two adventurers who search for a supernatural white queen, Ayesha, or “She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed,” who is the ruler of a lost African city called Kôr. Ayesha has waited for 2,000 years for the reincarnation of her lover, whom she killed out of jealousy. She is beautiful and powerful and finds her reincarnated ideal in Leo Vincey, who is her lover’s descendant. He falls under her spell, and she attempts to make him immortal; she tries to persuade him to pass through a magic fire, but in doing so herself, she ages and crumbles into dust."

Regarding "The Jewel of Seven Stars", pretty much pic related. It's sad so many so called movie-critics failed to notice this. I mran if your are suposed to review something it's good to at least do some research. This is pretty much the only review to actually mention the case. One out of what? 300?

The movie wasn't perfect by any means but people acting like it was the worst thing in the world were just retarded.

The studio overestimated intelligence of general audience and went with something more niche and obscure and they paid the price.

Attached: The mummy.png (800x1241, 611.16K)

>Gothic Avengers and make them generic good guys with superpowers.
I don't mind Avengers like thing but how about letting them be evil? Avengers are good guys so let Dracula, Mummy and the rest to be actually evil instead. I know they planned Dark Army and now leaked Van Helsing script confirmed that Dracula Untold and Van Helsing crossover was also planned. Shame this failed, could be just fun monsters romp. Obviously Van Helsing is the good guy so Dracula Untold would be evil then.

Attached: dark-universe.jpg (1400x700, 135.25K)

lol I really need to stop responding to people who are so obviously wrong. It's such a waste of time. So I have to do research now and read some book or whatever and understand some philosophy about 'SHE' to appreciate the movie. Amazing man. I started rewatching it now so I can remember all the extremely stupid things that happened in that movie:

Tom Cruise survives the crash without a scratch. The mummy curse somehow saved him perfectly lol. His friend turned into a zombie in seconds though and now he's following him around London like in a comedy skit. "haha my buddy zombie friend is talking to me!! hilaaaaarious!!! Quick, close the door before they see you lmao!!"

This movie is so insanely shit it's incredible. The action scenes are too dark to see anything. You cannot see anything. The only good thing about this movie is the beginning where they get the sarcophagus out.

It's also a horrible role for Tom Cruise. He's not a funny guy. He's literally trying to laugh while the mummy is looking at his teeth. It's so stupid, it's such an absolute garbage movie it's insane. The previous mummy actor could have pulled off nervous laughter but Tom Cruise does not fit this role at all. Everything about it is shit. The mummy herself feels like she's a normie woman in a costume. Then she punches Tom so he flies 10 meters through the sky like a puppet. It's like a silly children's cartoon. Of course he has no injuries, just a little dizzy haha!!

Then the absolutely silly useless subplot with Dr. Jackyl. It could have been epic, a scientist trying to contain a supernatural mega witch. But no, she's just a normie woman chained to the ground for a few scenes so coomer zoomers can get their dick hard from their latent bondage fetish. Then Jackyl's serum stops working for no reason and then the mummy somehow knows this and escapes. Just absolute trash.

Anyone who likes this movie is bad.

>He's literally trying to laugh while the mummy is looking at his teeth.
he laughs because she is involuntary tickling him so can't blame him
yeah jekyll scenes sucked and literally ruined the movie would be 8/10 without him
and regarding action its really dark but oddly enough theres enough light to see what you need to see. i liked that dark tone especially when mummy crawls out of coffin and kills these air crash investigators on plane crash site

Charles Dance in Dracula Untold was the evil-evil guy and he's still around in modern day at the end of that, there's some credits stinger or whatever.

I just got to the ending. So she reveals to Tom Cruise that if he destroys the stone he will have superpowers? Great plan you retarded mummy, holy shit. I cannot believe how idiotic this movie actually is. "Yeah oh no, dont give me superpowers!! that would be horrible!!!! oh no, please dont let me win the fight!"
And why would destroying the stone even give him powers to begin with, it's so retarded I lack the words for it.

also btw, tickling does not evoke laughter. That's a cultural meme coming from parents who tickle their babies and children playfully, ala "Ss-s-taaaap!! stop it dad!!". In real life tickling from a stranger would never evoke laughter, you'd instantly get uncomfortable. Tickling itself can be used for torture. Not to mention that getting tickled by a literal mummy corpse person that could kill you is not the context where you would ever laugh about it.

What I believe is that she wanted to convert him completely and overwrite his personality with Set but he has crashed this gem stone before so after stabbing himself Set could not take full control. He just couldn't resist temptation because he initially wanted to destroy gemstone but was still under her charm and she stopped him from doing so. The scene where he slowly walks towards her just after stabbing himself makes it look like. Then what is left of his personality starts to fight back and he turns back on her. However he has no control, he doesn't want to come too close to that blonde not to hurt her. His personality is still struggling against Set. I think this was pretty cool. It was his internal fight and the mummy was just minion. Now since many people compare this movie to Marvel capeshit, in capeshit it's usually long overblown CGI fight between hero and villain. In this movie hero fights with himself and the mummy is just to distract him. This is the way of my interpretation.

Reminder that Tom started dating her after this.

How many of his fellow actresses became his beard?

not after. during. in the original script she had just a tiny role at the end but cruise changed script to make her the main villain because originally they planned evil king similar to guy from xmen apocalypse

this is leaked pic from their first costume test and after that cruise got his team to alter script. absolute mad man

Attached: 795b836c46d758358d9594b58b97e178_md.jpg (825x464, 42.01K)