What is Any Forums's consensus on the V/H/S films?

What is Any Forums's consensus on the V/H/S films?

For me the first two were great. Didn't really like vhs viral or 94.

Attached: 9fSogEkqDfJQTuGHsTFloQz3Tw8.jpg (780x1170, 197.51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bloody-disgusting.com/news/3236340/interview-adam-wingard-and-simon-barrett-adjust-their-tracking-for-vhs2/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bloody-disgusting.com/news/3236340/interview-adam-wingard-and-simon-barrett-adjust-their-tracking-for-vhs2/
>Wingard: I originally asked Simon to write it for “The Angry Video Game Nerd,” James Rolfe, because we’re huge fans of that show. We did that and made a small attempt to reach out to him, but he was busy doing the Video Game Nerd Movie.

VHS2 would have been KINO if James said yes

Attached: 1597975120267.jpg (753x676, 64.49K)

cuck

VHS 1 & 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Viral & 94

Based Nerd btfo Wingard. Imagine getting turned down by a Youtube celebrity and you still invite him back to cameo in Godzilla vs Kong and he turns you down a second time.

The mad scientist one was so shit I can't believe it was the same guy who directed the safe haven one from vhs 2. I enjoyed the concept of the Waco style one in the last part although it ended kind of bad

>For me the first two were great. Didn't really like vhs viral or 94.
Yeah, that's pretty much it. I liked Bonestorm and Storm Drain individually though.

Attached: hailraatma.png (1050x782, 817.08K)

Can't wait for the next one, desu. Apparently it's going to set in the year 1985.

I thought safe haven was pretty bad. I agree on waco tho

94is campy as fuck but I had good fun. The first ones felt more disturbing though

Havent' seen the first one. Should probably watch it at some point. Framing devices in all of them suck ass and are barely cohesive.

VHS2
Clinical Trials - Boring
A Ride in the Park - Cliche zombie crap
Safe Haven - I don't remember this one at all
Slumber Party - Boring

Viral
Dante the Great - Entertaining at first but doesn't pay off.
Parallel Monsters - Loved it. Takes a long time to understand what's going on and it's shocking enough to be worth it.
Bonestorm - What the fuck is this? It's like a bad MTV music video but without the music. Just awful.

94:
Storm Drain - Okay. I like the payoff with the news segment. Takes a long time to get interesting.
Empty Wake - One idea. Lady sitting at a funeral and gets attacked by a spooky monster. Decently builds tension and the payoff is alright.
Subject - Doesn't feel like it fits the tone of these movies at all but I found it to be thoroughly entertaining nonetheless. By far the highest production value of any of the VHS shorts.
Terror - Starts out decent but gets boring very quickly. Payoff is dumb.

VHS 1: succubus segment ok, couple segment an affront against god, webcam segment mediocre with incredible tits appearing twice for no real reason, ghost segment ok

VHS 2: ghost segment mediocre with ok tits for no reason, zombie segment pretty good, cult segment best in the entire series so far, ayy lmao segment mediocre.

VHS Viral: Magician segment awful, doesn't even stick to the basic rules of the series and just has a magic battle filmed like a regular movie, penis monster segment mediocre but somewhat enjoyable, skateboarder bullshit literal fucking teenage youtubers on their iphones-tier absolute garbage how in the fuck did this get in

VHS 94: RATMA segment good, funeral home segment decent, cyborg segment decent but goes on too long, vampire domestic terrorism segment decent

So basically 2>94>1>>>>>rotting shit>>>>>Viral

I remember seeing the ratman clip on tiktok with no context and was confused

Maybe I’m
Just a slashertard but I enjoyed the glitch slasher segment from the first one. I feel like it’s universally hated

Storm drain was the only good one for me with the ratman. I really enjoyed the creepy dark vibe it had. The only one that creeped me out. The rest were just eh. But totally agree with you.

based bone storm appreciater

dumb user

The sucubus was good as was the skateboarders from Viral. The others were okay. Have not seen 94 yet.

: (

Wait, THIS has to be false. There's no way james is this of a big fucking retard. I mean I've seen his onion video and I know he cant drill a hole or transfer files, bu-but this must be fake news?

>who else did you say lives down here? The raatman?

Attached: file.png (640x644, 212.72K)

Loved these movies the idea is great. Pretty much agree with these guys
VHS
Halloween Party > Siren > Second Honeymoon > Glitch > Ghost Tits

Great intro to the series. None of these are bad or boring and you get a good variety.

VHS 2
Safe Haven > Ride in the Park > Slumber party
> Clinical Trials

The start of the high highs and lowest lows pattern the rest of the movies have. Safe Haven is probably one of the best horror shorts ever produced. Meanwhile Clinical trials would put you to sleep if it didnt have so many cheap jumpscares. I also dont find AYYs scary so slumber party didnt do much for me.

Viral
Parallel Monsters > Dante the Geat > Bonestorm

It sucks. Parallel Monsters is probably one of the coolest concepts in the series but it is surrounded by dogshit. Framing narrative dragged on forever. Dante is boring and doesnt keep the found footage theme. Bonestorm Is what happens when a 30 year old man hires teenagers who cant act to remind other aging millenials about skateboarding in the 90's

Storm Drain > Empty Wake > Terror > The Subject

Return to form. Say what you want but at least this movie meant Viral wouldnt be the last one. Great climax in Storm Drain. Great tension in The Wake. Terror is a great concept and while predictable youre excited to see where it goes. The Subject isnt for me at all but i can see why reviewers liked it. I do give the framing devices a break in other movies since theyre serviceable and are just an excuse to play the tapes but dear god whoever wrote the dialogue and directed the actors in the frame of 94 needs to be booted off future projects. You have the coolest set design of any frame but the worst acting in the series.

Amateur Night was the only good short in the entire fanchise. 94, though, was a surprisingly almost-decent film as a whole.