Are we just getting "old" or is all media garbage nowadays?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 97.65K)

imagine putting some deeper meaning into a South Park episode where the creators revealed that they stopped having fun doing the show and just do it for the money now

Both and neither
Youre getting older every day but youre immature and not a thriving adult
Media sucks compared to now in general but its more the costs and process of media delivery has changed. There are gems in piles of trash and you have to change how you look for them.

youre an idiot, drink more you'll see it.

I'm finding plenty of content I'm at least somewhat satisfied with. You should probably switch up from decades-old franchises and try something fresh or something you missed.

Both

People remember these episodes purely because of the cartmanburger plot but admittedly the depression stuff hit me pretty hard.
The aspergers matrix shit was fucking retarded

Both. But i think it’s always been shit. I look back on things I used to like now days, and cringe.

You only truly enjoy and get invested into media when you are a child and don't fully understand reality or life yet. By the time you're around 25-30, it becomes very difficult to get super invested. And that's a good thing, by the way. You don't want to be a manchild soiboi funko pop collector who pisses himself when the new star wars trailer comes out. Becoming centered and grounded in reality is a good thing, that's just maturity. You don't want to forever be a retarded child with no agency or understanding of things.

You're losing your joie de vivre at roughly the same rate as everyone else; as a result, media is getting shittier at about the same rate. It's a double-whammy that never stops.

Both, as your tastes mature you can both find new pleasure in old things or outgrow them.

But media is also collapsing and is made under stricter political and social controls than it was under the soviet union. Zero creativity or innovation.

no, it is

society changed forever when morons could get on the internet

just the stupidest people imaginable who couldn't get online before someone shoved a device into their hands that was already connected and already had twitter and facebook downloaded on it

they're all online now and they've all banded together and now theirs is the only voice that matters

there's always been stuff made for them but they are driving force of culture now

corporations like disney are already pushing the boundaries of how little effort (money) they have to put into content before these morons will reject it

the only saving grace is that access to stuff made in the beforetimes has never been greater

But then you have companies like Amazon spending an absolutely fucking ABSURD amount of money on the Rings of Power

because morons watch fantasy/scifi now that the social stigma is gone

it's why all new fantasy/scifi shows are fucking terrible

Little of both probably. How can media produced today surpass what's already come before? It's like, the more there is, the less significant it becomes. Each new work is a smaller fraction of the whole than what came before.

It's probably Trey coping about being a sperg by saying it doesn't exist.

just wanted to let you know that you're an idiot, in case you didn't already know

your thoughts are laughable

No, its definitely getting worse. smartphones sent culture down the total shitter. yeah yeah you grow out of some things but no. Shit is way, way, way worse now. Just LOOK at the full retard shit we have to put up with. It used to be that to write for a publication or a TV series or work on a game you had to have some prestige skill set. Now you just need to be a woman. Woketard bitch? BOOM! Job at the New York Times. BOOM! Writing gig on major network show. BOOM! Head of an entire story/art department for videogames.

You're right.

I only watch movies from before my times from the 80s and 90s and I’m so jealous I didn’t get to grow up with them I feel gyped because they got to grow with so much kino while my generation grew up with total dogshit it’s not fair!

>But then you have companies like Amazon spending an absolutely fucking ABSURD amount of money on the Rings of Power
I'd like to see the recipts. Most productions of any size are money lanundering operations.

an advantage you have is actually getting to watch stuff from before you were born though

if you lived in the 80s and 90s you wouldn't get to watch much stuff that wasn't current

Objectively we live in the era with the weakest media ever produced due to woke shit

Talk to any zoomer long enough and eventually they will tell you that they are nostalgic for a time period that doesn't exist and the never experienced. Not in the sense of "le wrong generation" but wanting to be a part of a time period where people felt a certain way, had a drive to live life (even if it wasn't that amazing to them), and so on. They consume this dogshit for media now like Soi Wars and nigger mumble rap only because everyone else does, but behind closed doors they fucking despise it just as much as we do.

it's why one of the most popular shows for teenagers in 2022 is buffy the vampire slayer ffs

makes sense though. if you had to grow up in the 2020s i can't imagine what a breath of fresh air that show must be

Friends was the biggest show on tv by viewership only a few years ago still, says a lot

Checked. I imagine the campy idea of Buffy is such a foreign concept to them in today's world. I could see them loving it.

Friends is 1 of those shows watched by lonely hoebags in college (usually overweight and on Tinder) who use it as a cope for their shitty lives. They usually are into Harry Potter and The Office as well.

I'm pretty sure just about everyone watches Friends pal, but continue to seethe

>it's why one of the most popular shows for teenagers in 2022 is buffy the vampire slayer ffs
What?

Source on that? Not saying you're lying but that seems really out of left field

>Using the word "content" unironically
Opinion discarded

In terms of writing yes. I could take whatever political shit they want to force in if the writing was just better.