I’m 29 and realistically only have time to learn one more language. I already speak English and mandarin

I’m 29 and realistically only have time to learn one more language. I already speak English and mandarin.

Which should I do as my third, french or Russian? Which has more of a practical future? I enjoy Russian slightly more but it’s obviously more difficult. I’m basically A2 in both languages as I keep stopping and starting as I’m not sure which to stick with.

Anyone have any experience?

Attached: 3C9A01BF-2105-411D-B1F0-067EDEFE249A.jpg (606x285, 33.67K)

fuck off we're both full, go jump into the atlantic ngoloid dog

If you don't need any of these languages for work or other stuff like that and only learn for personal enjoyment, learn the one you like more

>realistically only have time to learn one more language.
what?

Your ability to learn new things begins to fall dramatically as you get older, including languages which require a lot of effort to learn.

I go to Europe to work a lot but everyone speaks English. A2 french has helped me a little with some older books that like to throw in french phrases, but Russian has helped me read a lot of nouns here and there online that are in Cyrillic. So yes it does appear to all be about personal enjoyment where peole like this

Make me thing Russians may be more fun to chat with

Russian seems more useful due to the current situation. France will be defeated if Russia decides to attack them.

good, piss off cunt

wow new england

do you plan on kicking the bucket within the next five years?

You have 5 million arabs in your country. There are ways to make room.

Don’t think I’ve ever heard of someone picking up a language aged 34 from scratch and learning it fluently

Russian.
Also fuck off. We have enough 80 year old anglos in the countryside.

why so pessimistic

I’d genuinely like to be proven wrong but just never seen it

learn french because it's easer for an english speaker and it also will be easier learning russian afterwards because it has a lot of french loanwords

Powell Janulus was born in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. He was exposed to many Slavic languages as a child. His Polish mother spoke six languages while his Lithuanian father spoke at least four. He could speak 13 languages fluently at the age of 18. He attended Asian Studies at the University of British Columbia where he attempted to learn Mandarin. In an interview, he stated that he struggled with the academic teaching style.[2] He became curious about the process of language learning and in the way that children learn languages so easily.[3] He attempted to learn Chinese by having conversations and talking with as many Mandarin speakers as possible.[4]

When Janulus was in his early 20s, he began to develop his methodology for fast language acquisition. In his 30s, he became a court translator and was paid for each language he could translate. He worked to learn two or three languages per year, as each language allowed him to earn more. He was authorized by the Provincial Court of British Columbia, as a court translator in 28 languages. He later became interested in language variations and could quickly learn related languages such as Spanish and Portuguese. In his 40s, he learned less common languages such as Tibetan, Romani, Inuit and Swahili.

>I cannot aford to do anything intellectually challenging in the (at least) 40 more years I have left to live

I already spotted what may be one, Vélo , which appears to be where the Russian word for Bike hails from?

Interesting but he seems gifted

Absolutely insane

French is disgusting
learn Russian

Attached: 913423535541.jpg (202x249, 8.13K)

If you are a native English speaker, you could learn multiple European languages to fluency or near fluency for sure. 29 is not that old. But really, why do you want to do this? There are very few reasons for an English speaker. If you don't have a deep interest in a language's poetry or philosophy, or in particular things that are available only in that language, there is really no reason to learn and you'll end up investing maybe a year or two before you give up for lack of motivation.

yep
russian вeлocипeд (velosiped) comes from french vélocipède