Why is their sense of humor so unbelievably shitty and dull?

Why is their sense of humor so unbelievably shitty and dull?

Since I moved to Austria from Bulgaria 1 month ago, one of the things I struggle the most with here is people's lack of sense of humor.

People have no sense of humor here. They literally do not understand the meaning of sarcasm, let alone be able to detect subtle humor, or distinguish between a banter and an insult. Granted this is the most English hostile country I've seen, and most people's English is horrendous, I don't think this is a language-issue as much as it is a cultural one.

A recent example from work.

Me: I just met Nicole. Do you know her?
Sebastian: No.
Me: I told her I work next to you, and she said she hates you.
Sebastian: Why?
Me: She said you stole her dog.
Sebastian: ...?
Me: I'm just kidding LOL
Sebastian: I don't get it.

-_-

Attached: germania.png (1280x1024, 57.8K)

Attached: 1630454705426.jpg (602x709, 93.9K)

Where is the joke

>Me: I just met Nicole. Do you know her?
>Sebastian: No.
>Me: I told her I work next to you, and she said she hates you.
>Sebastian: Why?
>Me: She said you stole her dog.
>Sebastian: ...?
>Me: I'm just kidding LOL
>Sebastian: I don't get it.
is this bait? You're just not funny dude.

How is this not funny?
In Bulgaria, people would've known I'm making a joke, and tried to play along with it! People here just don't get anything.. I can't count the times I've made subtle jabs at people and it just goes right through their heads. They don't get sarcasm either. They think I'm being too negative or blaming others, when in reality I'm just joking! Some girls like it though. Those that are more int'l minded.

Nice larp but we have the best English after the Dutch

Attached: mtxj22cx3xz71.jpg (640x916, 60.28K)

One of my colleagues is a girl from Munich, and she LOVES my jokes. She always gets my sense of humor. I wish she lived here so I can meet her.

Attached: 1576176968093.png (545x530, 231.71K)

Don't make me laugh. This is seriously the most anti-English country I've seen. Literally E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G is in German. The fucking bankomat machine has NO English version on it! From the 700 channels that I had, only like 5 of them were in English. Overall I counted less than 10 American channels, Comedy Central being one of them, but they were all dubbed in German. The hotel receptionist didn't spoke any English, and made me fill in some registration BS form all by myself, which was also IN GERMAN. Are you fucking kidding me?? When I was looking for an apartment, over 5 people rejected me because I didn't speak any German. Fucking ridiculous!!

Thanks for proving my point!

Attached: 1485420006055.jpg (360x336, 22.2K)

Attached: 1659252469031625.png (632x900, 104.94K)

Stealing dog (in order to spin it later that day) is a cultural practice in Bulgaria.

Attached: 1497700461528.gif (1332x666, 173.22K)

youre lying your ass off but for what? You are disproven with facts. You're probably a vpn user who has never set foot in austria lol Every single billboard in vienna is in English.
If you want to larp as a country that is genuinely still safe from English influences you should try Czechia next time

?

You forgot to add the finns

Something I noticed with interacting with these people irl is that their idea of something being ‘’funny’’ is acting kinda quirky or silly. They really do not understand sarcasm or bants at all.

LOL
Bro, I don't live in Vienna. I live in Klagenfurt. Yes, I do see a lot of English text in posts and billboards, mostly posts, but that doesn't change the fact that the bankomat machine of Raifaisenbank has no fucking English version available, and I had to walk inside, wait for 20 fucking minutes just to ask the counter lady to help me withdraw money. It also doesn't change the fact that only 5 channels out of 700+ were in English, and all the US channels were dubbed. People have basic understanding of English. They don't SPEAK it, and the country as a whole is very hostile to English.

If you think I'm lying, come meet me, and I'll show you the bankomat machine.

Exactly! THANK YOU!
Their understanding of a joke is something like this: " you're gonna buy a ferrari one day!" .. this is supposed to make me laugh..

I don't wanna shit on people here too much because people are very very friendly and polite, there's no question about that, but jesus fucking christ it's hard to make friends here if you're coming from an Americanized country. Since I came here I've realized just how Americanized Bulgaria is. When I see Americans here, I feel like I'm seeing family. I talked to some last week, and I felt such a relief.

Have you considered that you're just not funny and should go back?

>why are tv channels in a country in that countries language
not every language is as irrelevant as bulgarian that you only have 2 tv channels i guess... TV is for boomers anyway, just watch it online
Also every ATM has not just German or English but like 5 other languages, I doubt there are monolingual ATMs since they all use the same software anyway
I don't know how things are down in Klagenfurt but I doubt people are much worse at English than in Vienna, it's still a big town with international tourism.

screencapped as prime example of the retarded "humor" we're supposed to laugh at

Joke was bad. Simple as.

Attached: 1656840926661.png (656x527, 30.06K)

i dont get it THOUGH

you're probably slightly ugly and lacking in charm. what is meant to be innocuous and social comes out as frivolous and annoying. speaking from personal experience of course.

even if your joke is senseless you'd at least get a polite smile or laugh if they found you to be agreeable overall

I have, but I ruled against it.

Just go back if you don't like it.

Your joke doesn't make sense and is not funny

That's probably true about the language, but still, I've met 2 people so far so told me they have never heard or watched FRIENDS, which blew my fucking mind away. People here just don't watch Hollywood movies, or US content in general.

As for the bank, dude, come down here and meet me. I'll pay for your trip if you want. We can go for a coffee. I'll show you the bankomat machine if you don't believe me. I wish I had taken pics so I can post now. There is NO English available. Only German. There IS English version on the train from Villach to Klagenfurt, and funny enough, the German version is marked with the Austrian flag :D

Don't lump us together with subhuman germanix you scumbag

reddit hurr durr I'm so random "humor"

Das rite, we are CELTIC

>even if your joke is senseless you'd at least get a polite smile or laugh if they found you to be agreeable overall
I do get those! But they're followed by "uhm... I don't.. understand..? he he.."

>you're probably slightly ugly and lacking in charm.

It's weird because I thought the same thing about myself, yet for a reason I still don't entirely comprehend, girls here seem to like me.
For example, I recently met a new girl at work, and I've been going with her for lunch every day. I invited her only the first time, and since then, she's been inviting me every day. We also text each other a lot after work and even during work, and she always says she enjoys spending time with me and stuff like that. Girls here are just very very shy, and guys are the same, whereas I'm very open and animated, and that attracts girls I guess. Her girl colleagues also seem very interested in meeting me judging by the way they also look at me.

I know often my jokes suck, but I can't help myself keep making them. I try to tone it down, but it comes so naturally it's hard to control myself.