DJT - Daily Japanese Thread #2960

DJT is a language learning thread for those studying the Japanese language.
Japanese speakers learning English are welcome, too.

Read the guide linked below before asking how to learn Japanese:
itazuraneko.neocities.org/

Use filters: Any Forums-x.net

Archive of older threads: desuarchive.org/int/search/subject/Daily Japanese Thread/

Translation requests, insults, politics, reddit posts, lust, learning method / eceleb discussions: Previous Thread:

Attached: vlcsnap-2022-02-10-19h20m06s385.png (1920x1080, 852.46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

files.catbox.moe/tzd1ox.mp4
youtube.com/shorts/LWF_Wkh3r1A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Farthest Frontierで単語覚えをやってみる

Attached: 1639260832713.png (1078x839, 866.04K)

>百度立ち

Attached: 1652286898033.png (548x173, 200.92K)

よかろう

files.catbox.moe/tzd1ox.mp4

>rent car with mother last week
>every time it starts up it says "カードを入れてください"
>she STILL hasnt asked what it means
why the fuck did i start learning this language? its useless!

Attached: 228818601280-960.jpg (1280x960, 182.28K)

Is this google translated or is this normal? Stop with the 彼ら already, I got it the first time you said it.

Attached: 1647072653137.png (604x111, 88.47K)

youtube.com/shorts/LWF_Wkh3r1A

No, it's not normal.
Though it could be a composed message where the various bits and pieces were combined together, but the translator only ever saw them separately.

Yeah I thought so too. But then again, the last one is a full sentence, shouldn't it have been 彼らは集落に受け入れますか、それとも追い払いますか or something like this. Also not sure about keigo because it's just a popup with information rather than something like a report.
Maybe I should choose a different game. 残念だが

Oh, and just check the 植. Even if it were translated by a native, the finished product clearly wasn't shown to them.

I was thinking about it the other day, how normal it is for japanese to just have the chinese font somewhere in the UI or whatever. My android phone shows chinese characters by default, but I'm yet to find something that I wouldn't be able to recognize in that font. It does catch your eye with things like diagonal bits as in 今 instead of vertical, and whatnot, but other than that it's alright.

I'm having trouble learning vocabulary
For context I started learning hiragana a few months ago, and now I've fully mastered it, learning all the stroke orders and now I can recognize each and every single one of them. But I can't memorize even the most basic of vocabulary. I watch anime not for the fun, but I always try to recognize the phrases and think in my mind how they would be written in hiragana. Btw i started learning katakana but I can't seem to get anywhere with that.

Do you mine TSCs? do you look the words up in a dictionary? Memorizing vocab is just a matter of creating anki cards.

>彼らは集落に受け入れますか、それとも追い払いますか
Yeah, that's much better. Though I'm not sure if を wouldn't be a better choice since the previous sentence already established 彼らは and you'd be repeating that. But my particle game is shit so... yeah. Better ask someone more confident in their JP.

I remember reading some short blog where the author fought HTML to get his font to show correctly and the merging of the symbols in Unicode was controversial with them. Topping off with Chinese wikipedia where you explicitly pick between Simp. CN, Simp. Malaysia, Simp. Singapore, TW Trad., HK Trad., Macao Trad. as every single one of these uses a slightly different set of "fonts".
I really doubt most things in their reach would show the incorrect ones, definitely not Apple, Microsoft is famously shitty in all things little details so I can't make a call there.

Yeah all languages that use chinese characters appear to be a major afterthought when it comes to ui. The fact that something like picking between different character sets isn't standardized and instead is bundled with the language itself is already beyond belief, especially how big (economically, politically and population wise) those countries are. It should've never been "chinese traditional" or "chinese simplified" or whatever. It should've been just CJK/etc as one dropdown and then cn-simp/cn-trad/jp/kr/etc as the other dropdown.

>For context I started learning hiragana a few months ago, and now I've fully mastered it
This has to be a joke right?

You only master kana after you learn to read and write 変体仮名 so he was probably doing that, and that's why it took him so long.

bump

what's up with some sources having u in arigato, sayonara, and ohayo and some not having it?