What's some other good historical kino Kurosawa has made? Just finished Ran other than this one I've seen Seven Samurai...

What's some other good historical kino Kurosawa has made? Just finished Ran other than this one I've seen Seven Samurai. I know very little about movies.

Attached: file.png (1024x576, 376.92K)

Kojimbo

kinosawa is always kino, don't underestimate his non-samurai movies: ikiru and dersu uzala are god tier. see the first if you have depression and wanna come out of it, see the second if you need depression.

rashomon obviously

Rashomon
Throne of Blood
The Hidden Fortress
Yojimbo
Sanjuro
Red Beard (My personal favorite)
Kagemusha

Im willing to try it just coming off of Shogun 2 and Ran really lit the fire for more stuff like it.

Starting with Yojimbo now heard the name so often its become synonymous with samurai so I've got big hopes

based Shogun 2 enjoyer

Attached: 1483337887404.jpg (1366x768, 465.29K)

seconding the user that said red beard if you need more historical samurai stuff but also just not the usual slashing katanas trope. very based movie.

I might actually watch that instead if its more historical large scale yari battles would be pretty sweet I'm not opposed to castle sieges though .

Red Beard doesn't have much action, it's about doctors in feudal Japan.
If you want something similar to Ran, watch Kagemusha or Throne of Blood.

sweet thats perfect still gonna have to watch Red Beard later though

whatever you do, if you continue to watch samurai movies besides kurosawas, avoid watching harakiri. subversive commie nonsense. still pissed at that movie.

If you also want to check out some great samurai films that weren't directed by Kurosawa, add these to your list:
Harakiri (1964)
The Sword of Doom (1966)
Samurai Rebellion (1967)
Gonza the Spearman (1986)
Heaven and Earth (1990)
The Twilight Samurai (2002)
13 Assassins (2010)

Filtered retard.

nope. just won't stand for leftist themes. the director is an avowed communist. fuck him. and fuck you too for being subverted so easily just because the criterion collection told you to like something

Nice projection.

What does Harakiri got to do with the social ownership of the means of production?

are you gonna pretend communist propaganda only involves workers seizing the means of production nonsense? really? as if social marxism isn't a real threat? as if commies don't bleed into media to subvert cultural norms and values outside of those economic?

Noice I'm just gonna leave this thread up as a tab when I need new shit to watch so if anyone wants to just dump some list on me I'm down. Id like to believe that even stuff I don't fully agree with might have a few ideas worth considering so its probably fine to watch stuff even if you don't like commies.

How's the film communist?

its liberal nonsense. look up the director, he was a literal communist. It shits on the values of honor, traditionalism, masculinity, and martial culture. I did not enjoy its themes.

his other movie, The Human Condition, was subversive liberal horseshit too. the director has a knack for making this kind of shit. sentimental, weak, leftist propaganda. no wonder ((((critics)))) revere these movies so much, they pander directly to the sensibilities of the mostly liberal elites of the film industry. People consider Harakiri and The Human Condition to be one of the best Japanese movies of all time, and now we know (((why)))