Why hasn’t anyone tried to properly adapt Dragonball yet? Is it too far removed from reality?

Why hasn’t anyone tried to properly adapt Dragonball yet? Is it too far removed from reality?

Attached: 83E6460B-7020-49D5-A5D0-3CC2F798C742.jpg (1910x1000, 528.5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JPEa_t1U7nk?t=16
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>properly
What do you mean?

can't wait for poc goku, tranny frieza and le evil white men cell.

>bugman
Worst character and arc in DB. Remove him and include literally anyone else. Vegeta, Kid Buu, Piccolo, etc.

If I wanted to watch two guys screaming at each other, with barely a punch being thrown, I'd watch the Oscars

Here’s your Vegeta bro

Attached: 16703FC6-CC00-4321-B1E9-FBF80BC91ECF.jpg (739x415, 32.96K)

Anime shouldn’t be adapted to live action, stop pushing for it. The expressive faces, the hair, the auras, energy blasts and ki techniques wouldn’t translate well at all to live action

Live action can't compete

Attached: 5fda11e699f97.jpg (680x680, 32.55K)

Goku being Asian is just something we should expect at this point. Ricels have always seethed and argued that Saiyans are Asian even though they are monkey aliens, but in today's culture the argument won't even mater he's just gonna be a chink. Frieza being voices by a tranny would be fine imo. He always looked and sounded like some androgynous faggot in the anime anyway, at least in the forms we most see him in.

>goku
>asian

Goku is supposed to be expressive though

Goku is explicitly tied to Chinese mythology, him being Asian makes sense

this but unironically. Live adaptations are only good when it's abstracted from the source material, otherwise you end up with shit like the last DBZ live action movie or Avatar TLAB

I wouldn't mind if he played Piccolo. His voice isn't a match but his face could be and he'd probably do his best to be faithful to the character given his obvious love for the series.

Except he's not actually the monkey King and doesn't even hail from this planet. Asians just want him to be Asian and that's fine, it's when they start arguing that Saiyan=Asian that it starts to get cringe.

Yeah, theres many reasons casting the perfect Goku is impossible and a live action DBZ or even DB would never work without doing so.

It's not possible

HOW the fuck would the characters look ?
The KAMEHAMEHA would look like shit

I would agree, but equally as cringe are the people who say that Goku and Vegeta are white. They are aliens bro

Vegeta in the manga text speaks English perfectly fine. Goku talks like a country bumpkin up until he turns Super Saiyan. That's when he speaks in newspeak

They tried white Goku and it was a fucking joke

Fighting over the race of an alien character with no discernible racial features is cringe in itself. They should just do their best to find someone who looks like Goku enough and can emote appropriately.

English is a universal language in the manga.

Brainlet take. That movie was bad for a multitude of reasons but the casting is at the bottom of the list. The director literally knew nothing of Dragonball and didn't care for it or all or even read the source material, he even admitted so in an apology to the fans years later.

What does this mean? Every character speaks English/Japanese/whateverlanguage, otherwise how would you read the manga. And yeah Goku grew up in the middle on nowhere so it makes sense he speaks like a bumpkin. Although I'm pretty sure he stops after the kami training timeskip

Just don't. It would look awful.
Not everything has to be adapted as a live action movie.

Man Of Steel is an adaptation of the Saiyan Saga.

I know that everyone prefers DBZ because of saiyan stuff but if they ever do a live action adaptation, they should make at least 2-3 DB movies first

>He always looked and sounded like some androgynous faggot in the anime anyway, at least in the forms we most see him in.
t. dub watcher
Nakao Ryuusei doesn't sound like a tranny
youtu.be/JPEa_t1U7nk?t=16