This might be the best movie I have ever watched

this might be the best movie I have ever watched

Attached: 67f508f0a0279813818d0ad39375c9c5[1].jpg (736x1104, 206.22K)

I was disappointed when my audience gasped at the twisted, but I guess I was supposed to turn my brain off.

yeah i liked it a lot, kinda underrated

Really? I don't remember it being anything special. What was the most impressive thing about it uuuu?

Attached: arrival-cinema-quad-movie-poster-(1).jpg (700x532, 243.16K)

I mean it's good but by no means the best. The only way this is the best movie you've ever watched is if you haven't watched many movies.

I was fascinated by the concept of perception through language but I don't read books and am uneducated.

You're not wrong I haven't watched that many movies but 90% of the time its just forgettable way to pass 2 hours. arrival is the only movie that ever stuck in my mind years afterwards

For me the climactic scene where calls the general was truly emotional, just thinking about everything that was at stake, and the way the music elevated the scene. The concept of barriers, between language, nations, and even time itself, being surpassed to form a connection against all odds. And the choice to not translate the words being said to emphasize those boundaries even further to us as an audience. I think its nothing short of a masterstroke

I thought this movie sucked and it wasn't memorable enough for me to remember why. If I have to guess it was because retards thought it was hard to understand and thought the movie was a 10/10 creative masterpiece, same with Inception.
>Abbott is death process did get me sad tho :(

Wasn't the Sapir-Whorf hypothesis debunked years ago by Based Chomsky?

There are infinitely more interesting things to delve into. Like the hard problem of consciousness

then you need to watch more movies. it's pretty good, but not even close to the best of all time

I really liked it, just like I really liked all of Denny's kinos, but the ending ruined it for me. Not the plot twist, that was cool, but the ending in which Amy Adams calls the Chinese premier and speaks "Chinese" to him. They did that lazy Hollywood trope where they didn't even coach her in her Chinese lines. Sounded like they just showed her a bunch of pinyin (Chinese in Latin form) and told her to go crazy. I could maybe understand 1 out of every 10 things she was saying, the rest was so bad I couldn't even get it.

Chinese is a tonal language, which is why it often isn't even mutually intelligible with itself when speaking to someone with a heavy accent. I certainly don't blame Denis or Amy Adams, but it was pretty fucking cringe. It'd be like if there was a Chinese movie in which a super smart linguist who's an expert in every language tried to speak English and it's this dogshit Chinese accented "me love you long time" bullshit where you can't even understand what she's talking about. That's the equivalent. Thanks for reading my blog post.

>t Chinese

Attached: 1654701924022.png (624x434, 94.22K)

God damn I hate you BUGS. WE DON'T WANT YOUR KIND HERE

On Any Forums or in America/the west? Because either way you look at it, I've been here for much longer than you have bro. You're just gonna have to deal with that shit.

Attached: 1654702467015.jpg (353x248, 20.32K)

nta you're talking to, but I don't mind Chinese people in the west, as long as they aren't commies. I just wish y'all had better food. Korean/Japanese/Vietnamese cuisine mogs you

You probably already have, but I'd suggest trying some authentic Chinese food instead of the American Chinese food. I get where you guys are coming from; the orange chicken fried rice combo is good in it's own right; plus it comes with an egg roll, but it's about as Chinese as spaghetti. Next time you're at a Chinese restaurant, order a bowl of beef noodle soup. It's a classic for a reason.

Also a lot of American Chinese dishes were created by kikes. They started eating Chinese food because Chinese restaurants are open on Christmas, and they slowly realized that goyims will eat anything put in front of them. They took what they remembered from their Christmas meal, added a bunch of high fructose corn syrup, and sold the recipes to Chinese restaurants across the country, because most Americans at the time associated Chinese food with dogs and rats and refused to eat it.

I'll try that next time I'm at a Chinese place. I tend to stick to Kung Pao chicken, because I do really like it, but everything else I ever try from a Chinese place is just alright

Don't get me wrong; Kung Pao chicken is awesome, but it's not very popular in China/only popular in the West for a reason; the version you're accustomed to is vastly different than it's actual Chinese variation. It's another one of those dishes that got Americanized to fit the Burger palate.

Pic related is a few of my staple dishes every time I eat at a Chinese restaurant: From left to right: 椒鹽豆腐/Sichuan Pepper and Salt Tofu, 重慶辣子雞/Chongqing Fried Chicken, 乾扁四季豆/Sichuan Style Green Beans, 水煮牛/Beef in spicy broth. This meal is totally in line with the American palate as well; its got fried stuff and the spices are good to balance the meal. You can probably find all 4 of these items at your local Chinese restaurant; look specifically for Sichuan places.

Total cost: $45, including the 10% Chinese only discount and free rice. Looks like a lot of food right? Well that's why you share with your friends and family, or you have leftovers enough for a couple days afterwards.

Attached: file.png (1965x736, 3.98M)

That all looks really good, minus the tofu because I'm not a fan. I'll keep my eye out for it. Is that sichuan pepper that numbing pepper though? I had that at some chinese place a couple months ago and I did not like the way it made my mouth feel. It wasn't spicy, it just made my mouth numb

Watched it a couple of times. Loved it

>Is that sichuan pepper that numbing pepper though? I had that at some chinese place a couple months ago and I did not like the way it made my mouth feel. It wasn't spicy, it just made my mouth numb

Yup, we call that 'Mala' in Chinese; literally 'numbing spice'. It could be that the place you went to used the wrong ratio; I agree too much of that numbing sensation isn't good. Also don't sleep on Tofu breh, it's a staple in Asian cuisine because it's so versatile. There's about a million different ways to prepare it, and frying is my personal favorite, but that's obviously because I was born and raised in America and I love fried foods just as much as you do. That crispy outer skin and the soft pillowy inside, my God my dick is so hard right now.

Attached: 22ef81e52ffbcd85.jpg (3024x2265, 1.67M)