The Zippo lighter was invented in 1933...

The Zippo lighter was invented in 1933, so why did movie characters use matches for decades until like the '70s or something?

Attached: 1 o0YRG0qPxibD_9R7jMdwfw.gif (500x375, 1.97M)

zippos smell and they are leaky

even if you carry them upright the fuel from a full zippo evaporates in less than a month

fill it halfway then

matches are classier

Lana Turner was such a hot slut

Matches are more suggestive which was key under Hays Code

>even if you carry them upright the fuel from a full zippo evaporates in less than a month
this.
is there a lighter that looks and feels as satisfying as a zippo but doesnt suck like a zippo.

Because matches used to be everywhere. And it looks more cinematic to scratch one and light a cigarette. Zippos are kinda cool only when you do tricks with them.

yeah, it's about what looks better on screen... and matches make you look more manly... especially if you're using it for a woman. and if you light both cigarettes together and hand hers back to her you're a legend... you might as well start banging right then

Attached: 54768786435674.gif (500x285, 545.84K)

matches suck. i can never figure out the right pressure or angle for the the scratch. and then when I do get a light it blows out immediately. fuck matches

Because matches do a better job lighting things. Pipes especially, but even just cigarettes.

Also this. I got a butane insert for my zippo, and it lasts longer than the normal insert that is a wick with fluid, but it still runs out of butane when you're not using it since the zippo case isn't completely airtight and the insert works by always letting out butane.

Attached: 258j8n2eg1i81.jpg (1601x1037, 373.36K)

I had a zippo style lighter once and the lid fell off after a couple of openings

>matches are hard to use and never do what I want them to
>even when they work, they stop working too soon
>become sexually attracted to matches and wants to fuck them
sort of checks out

Matches still look better. There's more action with a match. The strike, the disposal. Matches even bring more tension. Like the scene in 5th element where there is only one match left.
There is even characterization. There is a flame moving toward your fingers and it has a few seconds before it burns out or burns you, but if you move it around too fast you could put it out. So motions with a lit match seem calm and smooth.

Why do evil jew advertisers do any the shit they do?

>become sexually attracted to matches and wants to fuck them.

Stick the head of a wooden match into your urethra.
( Don't do this. The sulfur reacts with the liquid present in the urethra and becomes sulfuric acid )

i had one when i wanted to be a cool edgy teen shits constantly dyinging up and has to be refilled. much better off with a bic that lasts for months

I feel like the quality of matches has gone down over the years since barely anyone uses them anymore

gotta buy those thick ones that come in a box but they arent mobile

>it's about what looks better on screen
If that was the case they wouldn't have any smoking.
>matches make you look more manly
Smoking makes you completely unmanly. Only trashy scum ever smoked.
Go due, shill

>the one guy thats so anti smoking he pretends its not cool looking on screen

Smoking is cool, spergy boi