It just went from being a flick to being pure cinema

It just went from being a flick to being pure cinema.

Attached: 1C2E9D07-FBFD-45EF-9AB8-FB7ADFD920FE.jpg (828x681, 271.33K)

Article is poorly written but it appears each scene was shot in English and Comanche

Attached: B6A85DBA-825E-4CDF-8EA8-1AABD7680C30.jpg (750x842, 115.76K)

that's a downgrade, flicks >>>> cinema

>dub
CRINGE!!!!
it's pretend cinema.

so it won't be a dub then? They just shot the movie twice? That's what the article is implying.

they shot the scenes twice

Weren't you chuds bitching about this being woke? Seems kinda kino to me that they're doing this.

wow i'm going to learn commanche in advnace, really useful!!!!!!!! WOWOWOWOWWOWOWOWOOWWOOW!!!!!!!!!! COMANCHEHCIACHIEHCE
i also learned amaracmienic for the jesus story and the mayan stuff for that other one by the guy with the beard wowowowowow
wonder why they are focussing on that point rather than the fucking weakling female child they put in as the 'hero'.
someone should make a fan preview video showing arnie and his team being wiped out, then this whore being indestructible.
>IN 1987
>THE STRONGEST MEN IN THE WORLD
>WITH THE BEST WEAPONS MONEY COULD BUY
>WENT UP AGAINST
>A FOE
>THEY COULDN'T DEFEAT
>- cue death scenes -
>THIS YEAR
>ONE GIRL
>WITH NO EXPERIENCE
>WHO IS STILL LEARNING WHAT PERIODS ARE
>WILL FACE OFF
>AGAINST THE SAME THREAT

Das Raycis, what about Tlingit or Navajo? I'm going to boycott this movie until they include all variations of Native American language.

that's honest filmmaking

>uppity wigwamthotlet keeps mouthing off that she can do it, she can defeat the pick up sized grizzly
>kek, here's a bow and two arrows, and some XY tomahawks, knock yourself out
Comanches were pretty based

>100 native speakers in 2007
Dead language.
Dead culture.
RIP natives.

every italian movie ever made is pretend cinema

they didnt dub those films in a fake "artistic" way.

It's cool I guess from a perspective of sheer effort... but I highly doubt it was as taxing as you are making out. Keep in mind for every single in shot in every single scene there is usually a minimum of 2 takes, typically there will be up to a dozen per shot (obvs depending on the complexity of the shot). I doubt they did as many Comanche takes as English takes... but yes it is still impressive to do both at all.
What's most impressive really is the edit. Cutting together two versions of this film (which is elementarily selecting the "best" takes and fine tuning them together into a narrative) is where the real hard work is. As you alluded to earlier, they technically have "shot the movie twice" because the Comanche sequence of shots/takes they select will not be identical to the English ones. Therefore it'll technically be a different movie that follows an identical story. They'll release two films - English Prey and Comanche Prey. That is very time consuming and pretty awesome.

Obviously all that only counts if the movie is solid tho

It's not actually dubbed though, they just shot the scenes twice

if this film is kino, she'll learn what a lack of periods are

who the hell speaks comanche
their sons and daughters dont even speak their ancestor's language

Damn, the first? That must mean it's good.

>tfw no Predator movie taking place during the Mayan era and directed by Mel Gibson

Attached: 1595655130596.png (1001x620, 371.41K)

>aonther prequel

Attached: 1580130958952.jpg (540x567, 15.8K)

it depends on how dialogue heavy the movie is. If she's just mostly on her own running from the predator, there doesn't need to be much active communication for most of the film, making the editing job easier.

Why even have English? Let the Commanches speak their actual language and put in subtitles in English.

no shit

it's not like it being a prequel really matters. It sounds more like an anthology entry rather than it being part of the "lore" and having some direct relationship to other films, but who knows.

americans are weird when it comes to subs

Hero girl gains Predator’s respect (they end up in a tie) and fight white colonizers together

>the worst ever indian cunts are the real heroes we met all along the way

Ah yes, the language of the honorable Comanche tribe, who uh, drank blood and fucked children to death! How diverse and wonderfully vibrant

>prequel

cope, yt

white bros we got a movie for us!

You'd be surprised how few people can read subtitles fast enough to keep up and not miss everything going on above them. Ever had reading aloud in class? How many could keep a speaking pace while reading from the pages? Even in high school I remember plenty of people who couldn't keep up a speaking pace when reading. Now imagine them trying to both read the subs and keep up with the scene.

The average person is a lot dumber than you think.

Attached: 1633235610286.png (190x266, 4.74K)

Yeah of course. I imagine it'll predominantly be the opening 30 mins with some extra at the end. Probably half a feature's worth of work still. I would say quite impressive.
But also there will be multiple editors etc etc... like I said originally it's not as taxing as you would perhaps immediately expect.
However, that doesn't take away from the fact that no one else is doing that shit in the industry atm.

#ReleaseTheComancheCut

with what?
comanches were famously the biggest cunts out of all the indians

Yeah, we'll see if that's the case

Dubbed voices would obviously mean that they lied

And to not have a Comanche version of the trailer is fishy

someone posted this in another thread but it would be acceptable if comanche lady teamed up with predator to disappear roanoke

that would unironically be kino

americans can't read