TOPGUN

So is Jennifer Connely supposed to be a multi-millionaire in this?
>Owns a beach side bar in San Diego.
>Drives a classic Porsche
>Lives in a huge house
>Has a sail boat

Likewise for Tom Cruise. How is a Navy captain supposed to afford to restore a turbo prop warbird and own an old airport?

But now to the actual movie--it wasn't bad but the constant rehashing of scenes from the original was pretty lame.
>Absolutely stupid cut back and forth piano scene.
>Retarded beach football scene
>Bringing in Val Kilmer... because he was the only actor from the original that was cheap enough.

Attached: Top-Gun-2-Tom-Cruise-film.jpg (1920x1080, 712.76K)

Connely is a beautiful woman so she gets life on easy mode. Maverick has his sugar daddy Iceman to cover his expenses.

>So is Jennifer Connely supposed to be a multi-millionaire in this?
Yup
>Likewise for Tom Cruise
Yup
>But now to the actual movie--it wasn't bad but the constant rehashing of scenes from the original was pretty lame.
>>Absolutely stupid cut back and forth piano scene.
It was to explain to a new audience the relationship between maverick, goose, and rooster
>>Retarded beach football scene
Nope
>>Bringing in Val Kilmer... because he was the only actor from the original that was cheap enough
He wanted to be back and they incorporated it well into the story, and as far as "the only one that was cheap enough" lol, lmao
Blow it out your ass

But these are millions and millions we're talking about. Connely is still gorgeous though. Oh, and did you find Tom Cruise's mole distracting?

assuming you are doing the work yourself an airplane can be affordable. Especially if it is your one and only love
Go hang out at your local FBO and talk to some pilots.

The Val Kilmer shit was so stupid. I really thought they were just going to have him text him a few times and then do a zoom call to cheap out as much as possible... and that's nearly what they did.

Tom Cruise overacting to a fucking computer screen while Val Kilmer just sits there is hilarious.

Not multi-millionaire I guess but easily very rich. She is an admiral's daughter. Maverick has served for 30+ years with distinction and probably makes decent money, maybe not enough to buy an old hangar but maybe enough to find an abandonned one and fix it up and store his turboprop in there. Also the beach scene and Iceman scenes were great, it wouldn't be a worthy sequel without a seemingly pointless beach scene that is actually just meant to be simple character development.

It destroys the immersion and all you can think is "god Val Kilmer looks fucking weird"

>Owning a private airport working as a navy captain
I don't think you understand how little he makes and how much these things cost.

I don't think you understand what an airport is.

He had a runway and hangar. It's an airport.

He's a fighter pilot, meaning he's an officer with a college degree, he comes from a rich family. Probably inherited the money for the hangar

A hanger is just a big empty building made of a few pieces of sheet metal and a runway is just a bit stretch of asphalt.
again if the only thing you love is flying you can build both in the middle of nowhere easily and on the cheap.

>Inheriting $5 million and spending it all on a private airport
lolokay

Yes. And?

Maverick would totally do that.

Renting a hanger at a small airport can actually be pretty affordable. I assume rebuilding a classic p51 is pretty expensive but I guess he got lots of danger pay from being a test pilot.

you must be 18+ to post on this site

And then spending another $1 million on an old warbird.

Dude, there's no way he could afford this without retarded hand waving like "He inherited $30 million." It just breaks the immersion for me. He's a fighter pilot and fighter pilots are not playboys.

the entire movie was a dream Maverick had while he was dying in the hypersonic jet

>hanger

>fighter pilots are not playboys.
I see you've never met a fighter pilot

>He's a fighter pilot and fighter pilots are not playboys.

The first movie establishes that Maverick is different from your typical fighter pilot, he is, you could say, a Maverick.

This is the best explanation.

euros: in the us military you get a tax-free allowance after youve served a little while or attained rank, or gotten married, called basic allowance for housing or BAH. its based on region, so if you living in san diego you are making a fuckton of BAH in addition to other pay, which for his rank and service time would be insane already. (though nothing compared to what he could make civilian side)

I was watching Avengers, how can Hulk afford all those tacos on a lowly scientist's wage? Took me right out of the movie.

He got it as a present from a general whose son he saved.

also: navy pilots gamble like their life will end tomorrow because it may, they can both lose and make a lot of money this way

What was Iceman's tax policy?

You might have a career as a Hollywood screen writer.

hurr durr im a pakistani living in germany on welfare let me tell you how much money a navy pilot has

Soulless

Now, which character from the original movie was the general?

I'm an American, dipshit. You don't get rich working in the military. You get rich after you get out doing consulting and lobbying.

>you
me? i was in the navy. were you?

Nobody claimed he got rich from the military.

And how much did you make living on the government teet?

Explain all the fancy cars in the Ops parking lot that I saw when I was in the Air Force

Hangars are like $400/mo
t. pilot family user