Top Gun

That was literally the EXACT type of mission an unmanned plane would be perfect for. Cain was justified in wanting to ramp that program up.

Attached: 6C90CE36-BE65-499E-B821-14FD2FCF3095.jpg (261x381, 100.24K)

No, the SAMs would've just shot the drone down. They needed to go through the canyon and they needed a human pilot to do it.

Why does this movie upset the left so much?

>AS I LIVE AND BREATH

Attached: hangman topgun maverick.jpg (1280x720, 491.76K)

What fucking drone could reach that target before being shot to pieces?

What drone could make that climb if they would go for the canyon run?
Say what you want but the setup is solid enough to warrant a specific agile and fast piloted plane.

The only real alternative would have been SEAD and fucking everything to pieces in an all-out operation.

Not that user, but wouldn't it be better specifically for withstanding the g-force? That one dude passed out and nearly died during training at some number less than 10 G's. I know that things like missiles can clock 40+ G's and be fine

>have the entire path mapped out to a computer
>need a computer to train pilots to fly the path exactly the same way every time
>need to hit a target perfectly precisely using a computer
>so risky there is a good chance there is no way home after hitting the target
I hate modern movies when you can see all the studio interference and things that were changed

There are no UAVs that can pull 10g turns either.

There might be in the future but right now they are slow as fuck and not very maneuverable to begin with.

And even if they existed I think input delay and lack of feedback would make an operation like that very difficult for it's pilots.

that's where I suspended my disbelief in order to enjoy the movie because I'm not a retard who WELL AKSHULLYs a good flick

purely from a screenplay perspective, wouldn't it have made more sense to have the enemy planes at the end be unmanned drones? I feel like that would have represented the themes of the film better

The point is that if they had focused their resources on the unmanned jets this mission would have been easy

yeah idk why they didn't do that

What unmanned jets? Might as well talk space-lasers.

Because this isn't a sci-fi movie.

literally one of the first that happens is that maverick got told that human pilot is being phased out and he no longer belongs there. It's absolutely thematically appropriate you dumbass

>survives ejecting at mach 10
literally how

Attached: 1621450412048_hnngrectino.gif (250x197, 930.67K)

It's still set in present time fuckface. People can talk all kinds of shit, that doesn't make it real.

>mysterious unidentified army force that's planning nuclear weapon has an AI jet fighter
how is that out of the realm of real?

they didn't have enough time for the tech to develop in two weeks

Because nobody has those and they won't for another 30 years or so.

Why do you want to drag this into sci-fi schlock territory so much? Go watch Stealth if you like that shit.

Scientology

because they put in the script in the first place you fucking idiot, if it's not going to be relevant that take it out, that's screenplay 101

One sentence by a single character doesn't put your ideas "in the script". This is a movie about pilots doing pilot things, it's not about robots or aliens or any of that shit.

Ace Combat The Movie

yes it is, you clearly have no idea how screenplay works. this is a fictional narrative not a fucking biopic.