Describe why it's bad

Describe why it's bad.

Impossible mode: No references to reddit or atheism

Attached: images.jpg (554x554, 44.32K)

the writers are significantly lower iq than what rick is purported to be working with so that everything he does is cringe

It's not funny

Burp hey Morty did you know a black man invented the comb. Don't believe what they tell you Morty.

the first season isn't bad but all the attempts at becoming a heartfelt show with actual emotional moments fall flat and get worse as the show goes on because the only way to make the scenes happen at all requires almost every character doing a complete 180 of their usually nihilistic attitudes and as such will inevitably feel contrived.

Attached: 1653687764186.png (610x715, 377.53K)

The animation is not appealing, nor is the character design

It's not as bad as people make it out to be.
My main issues are:
1. The improv can be funny but Justin Roiland isn't great at it.

2. They'll beat every joke into the fucking ground. It's worse than Family Guy in this regard.

I remember when this came out. You guys wouldn’t shut up about it. It was like the first season of South Park. You guys are fickle. Do you even know what’s good?

It's actually not bad. It's probably one of the better adult animation shows currently airing.

soulless

I hooked up with a bbc on grindr once and when I went to his house he was watching the Citadel episode

Nobody cares about your shit filled escapades faggot. The more you try and make us care the more you want to make us convert to fucking Islam.

It isn't bad. It's just hard to understand why it became a cultural phenomenon when it did because it isn't nearly as funny or as intelligent as people think it is.

It pretends like it's edgy but isn't at all.
It pretends like it's novel, when everything it does has already basically been done by South Park and Family Guy (and usually done better).
Also the pozzedness, of course.

Attached: Ricky and Morty counter-culture.png (714x760, 237.23K)

Naruto Smith

The whole thing is a 'member berries show.
>Hey, member this movie? We're doing it again!
Also, it constantly uses forced memes as a substitute for actual jokes.
>Hey, look, a character repeats a quote in a funny voice! Now all our retarded fans will keep posting the quote and get upvotes!

Attached: Rick and Morty God Damn.jpg (1280x720, 76.06K)

Mashallah user. My bf worships Allah, and this bussy

>counter culture
kek

Attached: Rick and Morty X gon give it to ya.jpg (1200x800, 158.57K)

It was funny for a bit but then it got too full of itself and the writers clearly didn't want to flesh out Rick's backstory but since they milked it long enough they finally had to reveal it.

There was only one thing ever aired on Adult Swim that was actually counter-culture. It wasn't very funny, aside from a few sketches, but it was something different.

Attached: Million Dollar Extreme World Peace Adult Swim ad.png (711x390, 229.77K)

The first season which was just silly nonsense was fun. Now its completely up its own ass and trying to up the intellectual ante with every single episode. You can't just have a funny episode where Rick gives the dog an IQ of 200 and tries in inception the principal to give Morty a good grade at math now. Now a new episode has to deconstruct the family unit and examine their intrapersonal dynamics, while simultaneously being meta and self aware of the audience watching it, and calling out the white male characters for their privilege, and while trying so fucking hard to hit all these things they have to throw in the "nothing matters dude nihilism" motif, and end on a sentimental Rick is so depressed and suicidal and he actually loves his family attempt to be like Jurassic Bark or Luck of the Fryrish. It reeks of desperation.

Now is that Tim or is that Eric?

it's too clever and it makes people upset when they are told they don't understand it and the people who do understand get upset because someone else got to explain it and sound smart and they didn't get to explain it and seem like the smart one.

It was pretty funny in the first season, then Dan Harmon decided it needed to be more than a goofy comedy and started putting in shit like joke-free ten minute scenes of the characters in therapy. By the time they finally dialed back on shit like that, all the writers had been replaced by women and the jokes weren't funny anymore

It's not bad prove me wrong

>It wasn't very funny,
World Peace was hilarious , fuck off

it's good
season 6 when

Attached: face.jpg (250x216, 6.18K)

This. Anytime Rick mentions Climate Science I roll my eyes.

Does Xavier Renegade Angel qualify as counter-culture?