ITT: British actors who absolutely NAIL the American accent

ITT: British actors who absolutely NAIL the American accent.

I'll start #1> Henry Cavill

Attached: 769fb4b726.jpg (1200x800, 84.78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/CDJ8ocSN5GE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

there's no such thing as an American accent retard

is it just me or do britbongs do murrican accents better than murricans doing bong accents? for some reason when when brits go on american tv they get asked to do the cali accent but bongs rarely ask yanks to do brit accents on british tv

>Henry Cavill
you can hear his accent in every line he says in man from uncle retard

Saoirse Ronan?

cause britain is a small village, and they can easily tell it's fake
america is mostly a theme park of immigrants

Americans who don’t learn British accents aren’t at a career disadvantage. Brits who don’t learn the American accent are at a career disadvantage.

Bong actors can absolutely smoke most accents.
American actors range from good to Leonardo DiCaprio tier.
However that’s just actors.

Some bong friends of mine couldn’t do an American accent right to save their lives.

Charlie Cox?
I never thought he was a bong when I was watching DD

Christian Bale. He absolutely nailed the American accent for American Psycho

It's partly training which is more of a deal in UK acting schools and the fact that the generic 'American accent' that Bongs do literally developed from British English over the course of the last hundred years
It's like a zip tie, it's easy to go up but almost impossible to go back down

ok Rajeesh

>Bong actors can absolutely smoke most accents.
you can tell it's fake if you're truly native

Brits grow up hearing a lot more American English than Americans hear British English. Plus lots of British actors are classically trained, so changing accents is easier for them.

Most bongs who try to do American accents sound like news anchors, fags, or nerds. It takes time to get them to sound like normal people.

Canadians win this competition. They are almost American, and they are almost British.

brit actors usually go to posh schools and learn 3 different languages by the time they are teens. as a result, their neuroplasticity for picking up and imitating different phonologies is better than a monolingual burger who has had 4 years of spanish throughout high school and uni and still speaks it using american english sounds

because british actors blow americans out of the water generally. They're even casting brits to play historical african americans like martin luther king

Kiefer Sutherland
Rosamund Pike
Idris Elba
Christian Bale
Tom Holland
Tom Hardy
Sean Bean
Gary Oldman
Robert Pattinson
Andrew Garfield
Ewan McGregor
Daniel Day-Lewis
Jude Law
Andy Serkis
Ian McKellen
Tim Roth
Naomi Watts
Gillian Anderson
Will Poulter
Kim Cattrall
Millie Bobby Brown
Charlie Hunnam
Hugh Laurie
Carey Mulligan

All brits with convincing american accents, to the point that most people wouldn't know they weren't american.

Nice trips.

Also, there are as many "American" accents as there are "British" accents.

Most can't do very good american accents, it's pretty easy to spot

I don't think I've ever heard an American accent that I didn't believe.

But Americans are fags

British actors doing American accents literally just sounds like they are trying to whisper but at full volume without any of the syllable fluctuations of the British accent. Once you hear it again, you wont be able to unhear it. It's an easy cheat code for bongs to get the accent. Coomberbatch is the most guilty of this.

Too lispy.

The lisp in American Psycho is perfect. If you have ever been around rich people who suddenly get a mouth full of veneers, they get that exact kind of lisp.

This. I didn't even know Laurie, Pike, Mulligan, Poulter, and Anderson were bongs for years. Disagree on Millie, Catrall, and Serkis, though. Eleven is meant to sound like a retard so it's easy. Catrall uses a weird 1930s transatlantic accent, and Serkis sounds Kiwi or South African when trying an American accent.

none of them

the woman from No Country for Old Men

you will notice this in every fucking show when it finally clicks and it's so annoying

You seethe

Attached: 1571034927127.jpg (1440x1785, 404.87K)

For me it's actors who switch midsentence to their original accent

Attached: zk9fNP2BJtZYCyVzeMDr4Y.jpg (600x300, 29.51K)

The OG:
youtu.be/CDJ8ocSN5GE

Attached: DXf2pCSXUAAVpMe.jpg (1200x798, 98.01K)

>Charlie Hunnam