Unironically based

Thought it was going to be constant “le women” and “le nigs” and “le fags” and was pleasantly surprised. Didn’t take itself too seriously, didn’t fall for the “must be dark and gritty to be good” reddit trash, didn’t have to dunk on convention to make a good movie. I hope to see more of this.

Attached: C8690912-1AA3-4656-8D80-93D58B2E993B.jpg (1000x1482, 130.09K)

Maverick gets kicked out of a bar for paying a woman a compliment. Guy with 2 confirmed kills gets excluded from mission for stronk latinx woman who just crashed her plane. Most of the 'elite' aviators are non-White.
> WOW ITS SO HECKIN' BASED!!!

Attached: Pilots.jpg (515x1186, 60.04K)

>I hope to see more of this.
I hope not. The movie was perfect send off for Maverick. No reason to milk it to death.

I will make a correction: i hope to see more things like this, but not specifically top gun. Agreed that it was a perfect sendoff.

Dude if this movie is too pozzed for you, kill yourself. There were three black guys who never once said “as a black man”. I promise you, black people existed in movies before. Phoenix never once said “You want something done right, send a woman.” It’s fine to have a confident woman as a character. It wasn’t insufferable because their characters were never defined by their sex or skin color.

NTA but there are plenty of recent TV shows and movies that function according to the logic you just described, but that doesn't stop Any Forums from calling them wokeshit or SJWshit. This movie will have to suffer the same fate, sorry.

Exactly. I literally didn’t even remember the girl’s name or call sign at the end of the movie. No “girls get it done” bullshit, she was basically an extra.

>Oh boy, here comes the stronk woman diversity hire
>Oh wait she's actually cute
>Oh wait she doesn't steal the spotlight from Tom Cruise
>Oh wait she's actually working as part of a team
>Oh wait she's actually fallible and gets btfo by Tom in the combat simulation like all the others
>Oh wait she doesn't save Tom Cruise from his own fuckups and doesn't save the day
how did they do it?

Attached: TOP-GUN-MAVERICK.jpg (650x940, 110.24K)

finally soeone who gets it

you have to go back

>Maverick gets kicked out of a bar for paying a woman a compliment
how are you a phone watcher at the damn theater?

i cant stand Miles Teller. will this movie still be watchable?

yes, also he is a good actor when utilized properly.

I can't fucking stand him either and Goose's son being played by a Jew makes my blood boil... But he did pretty good, or at least the hair and makeup people did. Gut feeling is Hangman would've been a better Goose son but they wanted a big name actor for the role.

Also
>didn’t try to bring bogged Meg Ryan in to tell him he’s failure
>didn’t try to bring back fat old grandma costar from original movie so he could rekindle an ancient flame
>give him Jennifer Connolly who was playing a preteen in labyrinth the same year he made the original
Yeah I’m thinking based

Attached: 4B2CBC28-885F-46A7-883B-2CA48F9DC077.jpg (750x1024, 50.22K)

Nah, Hangman was like an inverse of Iceman. Smug as fuck but they can both back it up, but they put a twist on it because hangman was like the worst of Iceman and Maverick. Rooster’s character was more of a supportive bro like his dad, I don’t think Hangmans actor projected the latter better than the former.

>inverse of Iceman
Hangman is Maverick from the first movie. Hotshot, full of himself, arrogant, flies like Maverick right down to leaving his wingman.

When Maverick is teaching him/shooting him down, he's flying against himself of thirty years ago.

No shit retard. I'm saying the actor they picked to play Hangman would've been a better Rooster than Miles Teller but he isn't a name brand actor.

Attached: Top Gun.jpg (1203x569, 34.8K)

Holy fuck dumbass i just said the actor playing hangman is better at playing “arrogant” than “everyman”. Can you even read?

It's sad that all the praise that the movie is getting is for what it didn't do instead of what it did, Hollywood has gotten so bad now that a movie not fucking basic things up is enough to be worthy of celebration.

that's not accurate though
it's an excellent film full of heart and soul with groundbreaking action and genuine innovative filmmaking that has never been seen before
it fucking rocks

it stands out because it never makes a thing of it
it just tells it's story - extremely well - and gets out
it's destroying the box office for a damn good reason chud

>excellent film
>has literally 35 unnecessary jennifer conelly scenes
watch more movies normie

...You've seen him in other roles? He was typecasted?

bro do you even fuck
chicks LOVE that shit, it gives them a reason to enjoy a kino night out with their dude (me)
love stories add to the real kino
jesus have sex unironically

the fuck that has to do with anything they were literally boring scenes you just liked this bullshit cause it empowers the white man and nothing else you are just looking to justify it with whatever bullshit reason everything was so fucking predictable that it made me laugh
lurk more