/swg/- star wars general

phantom menace cast edition
old

Attached: cast.jpg (453x296, 42.48K)

luv me battle droids

Attached: OOM_Battle_Droids.png (1920x816, 2.24M)

Threadly reminder that Dave Filoni doesn't care about Star Wars outside of inserting his OCs and wolf autism into everything.
No, parroting what George Lucas says does not mean he understands it.

Reminder that Jedi Padawans recovering their connection to the Force need to be paired with Nightsisters sexually to teach him about attachment and how to recognise it, by example.

You can restore two EU characters to canon, but they need to be frontrunners for a tv show set after the prequels and before the sequels. Who do you pick?

why is the phantom meance such a hated movie?

Attached: phantommence.jpg (1280x720, 84.51K)

you ask a dangerous question, fool

Attached: 1610667372596.png (110x112, 5.56K)

None. We've all seen how they handle EU material.

To give you names is to sup from a poisoned chalice. I refuse.

i liked it but its really just space poltics with some jedi fight in the mix. revgene of the sith was a great movie because it didnt have much of that.

the whole point of the preqels was to show us the events on how the galaxy fell and poltical errors/palpltine was a huge part of it.

Durge and Dash Rendar. They roam space picking up & restoring old Confederate battle droids, sometimes smuggling, sometimes bounty hunting.

Obikin

Attached: Obikin.png (600x859, 478.92K)

because Podracing and all the engine sounds was too much concentrated kino

Attached: Boonta Eve Podrace.jpg (1920x816, 426K)

I can't think of any interesting EU characters from that era that haven't already been brought back.

I hate Kylo Ren so much fuck
>Rey join the dark side
>Why?
>uhhh idk lol

/trek/ here, who has it worse?

Attached: star sues.jpg (800x800, 70.22K)

We are in the same bathtub of shit, brother.

Don't know much about Star Trek but from what I hear you guys have it just as bad as we do.

we all agree that obi wan was fucking awful right?

>Dash Rendar
He's technically already canon, right?

George Lucas got outmanoeuvred by Jew Jew Abrams and got his plan for the sequel trilogy trashed, but he made specical care to keep his six-film masterpiece in tact. Essentially, everything made by Disney is just fan fiction.

I know Black Sun is canon, but I haven't heard if they had brought him or Xizor back.

At least Trek has Strange New Worlds, which while not fantastic is at least passable and holy shit I would fuck the hell out of that nurse but Wars is suffering through Kenobi and worse.

im staying until 3 am to watch it

trekkies by far, star wars fans do not even know the names of many of the ills and woes that befell star trek fans over more than half a century
I will always be thankful that I never became a full trekkie, only an entry-level star trek afficionado. My fanaticism for Star Wars has been dulled by the excesses of the EU and Disney, but it has never been quite so downtrodden to make me feel as badly off as /trek/ fans.

Despite this, /trek/ posters are a generally more positive and optimistic lot, less prone to autistic tardrage culture war autism; you can often actually talk about Star Trek lore there without getting instantly flamed by GPT-3 bot spammers.

It's still garbage nu-trek wrecking TOS continuity, but yes Nurse Chapel is a snack.

Attached: s1-chapel-02.jpg (3000x2250, 1.1M)

>Dash Rendar was first mentioned in Star Wars canon in the 2018 journal book Solo: A Star Wars Story: Tales from Vandor, written by Jason Fry.[1] Fry later revealed on Twitter that Rendar's inclusion in the book was a meant as a humorous nod to the character's reputation for being extremely similar to Han Solo.[3]
He's in some random book and it wasn't really because the author liked him.

>Kote!
>Kandosii sa ka'rota, Vode An
>Coruscanta a'den mhi, Vode An
>Bal kote, darasuum kote
>Jorso'ran kando a tome
>Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an

Attached: 4BD4D977-51CA-468C-BEB6-3673CC599990.png (212x238, 60.99K)

Huh, that's neat.

I've been burned more personally by SW, but ST definitely has it worse. SW is mostly incompetence, even if they hate the fans. ST is clearly pure spite.

Kyle Katarn. That's it.

most people didn't like Dash Rendar because he was an obnoxious asshole failed Han Solo replacement in the Shadows of the Empire book and comic
most Dash Rendar fans were the people who played the Shadows of the Empire video game where he's actually cool instead of looking like some 1980s rock band reject with the attitude to match

>169269152
listen man
I know everyone ignores you
you need to go outside
start with walks around the block

Attached: 1654650489739.gif (599x388, 3.64M)

I think the Phantom Menace was the best of the prequels. Felt like a more 'real' film than Clones and Revenge. Clones and Revenge looks so fucking fake with 75+% of everything on screen being CGI - The Phantom Menace benefitted from less green screens and more sets.

Attached: nothing but cartoon people.jpg (800x340, 136.45K)

I'd make a show set around the same time as the original trilogy focused on Talon Karrde and Gilad Pellaeon.

You get a classic rivalry dynamic between a "good" Imperial and a gentlemanly outlaw who isn't an outright Rebel, so they're adversaries of one another without either being the villain. It would be comfy pulp adventure kino.

Hi Pablo!
How's your noseless cat?